Author Topic: Year-End MA After Action Report (2003)  (Read 15531 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Year-End MA After Action Report (2003)
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2004, 11:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
Do you hear my whining?  I think the only mental laziness I see going on around here is poorly-reasoned classification of other players and flying styles.  Mental effort?  It's a game.  Enjoy it for what it is and what it offers, but to attribute personal deficiencies to liking a certain flying style is just, frankly, pretty idiotic.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Don't know if I call that whining, but you sure are getting really defensive. I've known you a long time, you are a fine pilot. I have watched you with one of my 'shades' accounts, you mainly vulch suppressed fields. Is that fun for you? If it is go for it, but the holier than thou attitude doesn't become you. In your own way, you do exactly what I do, you seek situations of advantage and exploit them maximumally. Get off your pedestal please.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2004, 11:51:09 PM »
Lets get back to the facts.  It has been quite some time since rooks were in the bucket, time to retire that saw and return to reality.  

I did a topic search and got the hit I was looking for on the date 11-07-2002  

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69234&highlight=rooks

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2004, 11:54:01 PM »
Originally posted by Zazen13
I have played these games a LONG time. I have learned that you are going to be engaged at a disadvantage against your will plenty enough to prove your mettle and more. Why then intentionally thrust yourself into disadvantageous situations. Got too much free time? Have a martyr complex? Dunno, you tell me....

Zazen

I can only speak for myself, but I play only to furball, I dont care about the flight too the furball, and I will and do  AUGER[/b] without a second thought to save a 10 min flight back to base just to "land" kills. I land less than 15% of the time, and those times that I do it is ONLY because I happen to get unengaged in combat right over a friendly base. No martyr complex, not too much free time, the only thing that interests me is the actual air combat[/b] nothing else.

I say (jokingly of course) that you folks that bother to land are the ones with too much time on your hands.:D

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2004, 11:55:19 PM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Lets get back to the facts.  It has been quite some time since rooks were in the bucket, time to retire that saw and return to reality.  

I did a topic search and got the hit I was looking for on the date 11-07-2002  

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69234&highlight=rooks

And the Point is? You stated the Date is 11/07/2002
sorry but that was a while back. a long while back.

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2004, 11:58:17 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
I can only speak for myself, but I play only to furball, I dont care about the flight too the furball, and I will and do  AUGER without a second thought to save a 10 min flight back to base just to "land" kills. I land less than 15% of the time, and those times that I do it is ONLY because I happen to get unengaged in combat right over a friendly base. No martyr complex, not too much free time, the only thing that interests me is the actual air combat[/b] nothing else.

I say (jokingly of course) that you folks that bother to land are the ones with too much time on your hands.:D [/B]

That's the best reason I've heard yet. You are a great example of an exception. There's alot that do this and want to land, and it's not a matter of limited free-time. Alot of these individuals fly 1000, 2000 even 3000 sorties a camp. Obviously, this thread is not of terrible interest to folks like you, and guys like Lazs, whose total flying time this month was 8 hours (I swear he must spend more time posting than flying heh). I am speaking more to the 15 hour+ a week regulars.

Zazen
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 10:41:32 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2004, 12:00:31 AM »
Don't know if I call that whining, but you sure are getting really defensive.
[/B]

I'm not getting defensive, Zazen.  What I'm trying to do is get you to understand that Aces High is an open-ended game that has no "right" or "wrong" way of playing.  Flying one way does not denote mental superiority or finely-honed mental acuity, and neither does flying in a completely contrary manner indicate mental laziness or inferiority.  Until you begin to recognize this, you're going to sound like a nutcase.

I've known you a long time, you are a fine pilot. I have watched you with one of my 'shades' accounts, you mainly vulch suppressed fields.
[/B]

LOL Pellik, is that you?  

Is that fun for you? If it is go for it, but the holier than thou attitude doesn't become you. In your own way, you do exactly what I do, you seek situations of advantage and exploit them maximumally. Get off your pedestal please.
[/B]

Holier than thou?  I think you're getting things confused since I'm attempting to explain to you that no one way of flying is better than any other.  It is you who claim otherwise and in so doing elevate yourself on a pedestal.  I'm trying to drag you back into the mud with the rest of us unwashed masses.

-- Todd/Leviathn
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 12:15:24 AM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2004, 12:04:56 AM »
Have a martyr complex? Dunno, you tell me....

Zazen

it's fun.  :)

and it's just another aspect of the game one should at least try to become semi-adequate at.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 12:07:17 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2004, 12:08:21 AM »
My Dad can beat up your Dad!  Neener, neener, neener!

LOL. Gawd these kind of threads crack  me up :)

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2004, 12:10:06 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
LOL. Gawd these kind of threads crack  me up :)
Dan/Slack

you're a nomad, it doesn't take much. even a wee bit of runway does it for ya.

:)
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2004, 12:13:35 AM »
Why then intentionally thrust yourself into disadvantageous situations. Got too much free time? Have a martyr complex? Dunno, you tell me..

I'm glad you asked. I've been flyin since 98 and have run the whole gamut of flight. Spent a few years in 190's over the hill, flying to live, doin the S3's, learning to be a pilot of opportunity in a low risk situation. After a time, I got pretty good at it, not as good as you do,  but pretty good none the less.

Over time, what I found is that while being good at what I did, I didn't fight a whole lot. That's not in the low risk scenario of doing things. But on those occasions when I stepped in too far I had to fight.  I really enjoyed the fight. The hundreds of planes I've shot down over the years I couldn't tell you about. But the fights ?? I remember them all.

Flying to live for me became same'o same'o. Bland.  I have a goal or set of goals that keep me coming back day after day. Never the same, always different, always a challenge.  I'm going to be that guy at the bottom of the pile that kills them all.

Impossible you say ?? For me it prolly is. Got two or three squadies that do it on a regular basis so I know it can be done. So I work it. Work it every time I'm up.

Not a martyr and I work around 60 hours a week so it isn't too much time.

I think it's for my 10 kill film when they were all above me.

Maybe tomorrow.. If not, there's always the next day. This tour I've learned that I need to keep my speed down. I've been too fast, going to keep the speed down and work on it.

Kill a couple above you and it's a drug..

..three ???

WHOOT !!

I'm....a junkie..in training.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 12:28:37 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2004, 12:14:16 AM »
Levi, you hit the nail on the head.  i will fly this game how i want, the way that i have fun, and i would expect everyone else to do the same.  
:cool:
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2004, 12:20:41 AM »
We do it because it's fun for us.

There are just as many furballers on each side.  Not only that, a furballer probably increases overall K/D, say compared to the jabo auger dweeb.  I mean, how many vet furballers have a k/d of less than 1?  Ergo, most furballers increase team K/D and cannot be attributed to a side having less than a 1 K/D.

you mainly vulch suppressed fields.

Are we talking about Leviathn here?  I've found him all over the map.  I'm sure he vulches just like anyone else, but to say "mainly" I think is unfair....inaccurate.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2004, 12:23:27 AM »
Well, I meant that crack about people who land jokingly of course. I could land quite a bit more, though I would still get kilt much more than not even if I made a serious attempt to RTB every mission.

I also switch countries a lot.

Country  Kills As  Kills Of
Bishop    34         20
Knight     46        49
Rook       33        44

Dont know exactly why I have more "of" and "as" Knights since most of the time I dont even know what side I am on when I fly. I just log on, check the roster and go to the side with the least numbers. Still, my numbers are fairly even really, one 5" CV gun mission netted 13 or 14 kills, I forget, so that alone can throw off the stats.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2004, 12:41:02 AM »
Or straight to the point of my goal, my quest, my ambition...

When there is 5 or 6 badguys circling above a lone goodguy, and one at a time they drop in and die to his guns..

When the last one left finally dives in and dies..

I want to "feel" what he sees spelled out in the buffer..

WHOOT !!

Bring it !!

Cya's up.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2004, 12:50:21 AM »
Poop can you make any more sense!?  

Ladies and gents, this guy has it all figured out.  He has found the balance... a veteran of the fight... a yogi you might say.  Buddhists everywhere aspire to be him.

! :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]