Author Topic: BMP Image to field placement.  (Read 1381 times)

Offline reacher15

• Copper Member
BMP Image to field placement.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2006, 08:03:47 PM »
no waffle...i was one of the first to use it...Fbomber and I were working at the same time on developing MA's....lol...i figured out more crap just by reading then most people will ever figure out in their life times. i use professional graphics and 3d modeling programs for a living...do a quick search and see how many questions i have asked.

I don't have the program anymore...i was lucky enough to find an old hard drive that had some AHI stuff on it but i couldn't find that program...do you still have it...does it still work with AHII?

you know this post was created awhile ago...i dug it up to bring it back to light. if you look carfully you see that screen shot is from AHI and i took it yesterday.

I'm just trying to help map making at least as easy as rocket science....and take it out of the realm of a life time study.

there is one post in here where someone roughly figured out how many mouse clicks it takes to do something and it bordered on the same number of gaxacies in the universe.

so lets try and perpetuate the map making process with our posts.

perhaps i should put up another post along with the other 5000 posts..."help...how do i make a map"...or..."can someone make me a map"...or "Hitech...we need more maps"

i was fooling around recently and made this map so my Squadies and I could let off a little steam.

try it...you will have a blast...here is a hint...go to the big round island, go to A2 and grab an m8. drive to the edge of the field and then take it out of gear.

http://www.savefile.com/files/7123380

Have fun

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2006, 10:44:46 PM »
lol - I was just making a comment about the date gap, and the fact that you'd just posted the pics with it... :D struck me as funny as if you'd just completed it..lol

Offline F1Bomber

• Copper Member
      • http://www.bushtech.com.au
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »
With age come maturity thats for sure.

Im suprised and shocked at my inital reaction to straffo about hes comments about the java program i created awhile back. If staffo is still out there i would like to appolgies about my inital reply to his comments. You were only trying to help and i notice that now.

If there is still intrest in the Autofield placer i can set aside some time and build a win32 application to do it instead of java. Seeing that I've moved over from java to C++ programing.

Found myself getting into 3D engine design and development, so initaly reworking hitech world's and data types did help me get started.

I think my original goals was to develop a 3D terriean editor with brushes that would enable you to dynamicaly create terriean inside the editor. But my expereince of developing a full 3D package at that time in java was behond me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 10:53:10 PM by F1Bomber »

Offline Mustaine

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »
Originally posted by F1Bomber
I think my original goals was to develop a 3D terriean editor with brushes that would enable you to dynamicaly create terriean inside the editor. But my expereince of developing a full 3D package at that time in java was behond me.
reading this thread....

if you are talking about something like how you make "maps" in civilization games, that would be F****** SWEET!

i can't believe how many times i have tried the editer, and came in here, only to be completely befuddled by everything.

stuff like this:
feked dependancies ...

how do I say to netbean what path it should browse to find a complied class ?

I compiled BMPLoader.java (I did fight a bit to "mount" the Jar file ...)
So I've in my work directory a superb (and brand new) BMPloader.class (the equivalent of an .o if I'm not mistaken ?)
Now I stuck here :
you might as well be speaking klingon or some ****

i have some great ideas for maps, but no way to construct them. i even spent a good month working almost every night to make an elevation for a map and failed miserably every time. i gave up then.

good luck and here's to hoping you will still work on tools like this. i will keep an eye on the forum ;) :aok
Genetically engineered in a lab, and raised by wolverines -- ]V[ E G A D E T ]-[
AoM DFC ZLA BMF and a bunch of other acronyms.

Offline reacher15

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
Yes Chad...we need this program!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »
Originally posted by F1Bomber
With age come maturity thats for sure.

Im suprised and shocked at my inital reaction to straffo about hes comments about the java program i created awhile back. If staffo is still out there i would like to appolgies about my inital reply to his comments. You were only trying to help and i notice that now.

np mate we all started one day ... it was 68K assembly for me you can't imagin how crap and slow was my code at this time ! :cry

I'm stil here and looking again at making a terrain  ...

Can you put again your work online ? (I'm still laaaaazzy )

If there is still intrest in the Autofield placer i can set aside some time and build a win32 application to do it instead of java. Seeing that I've moved over from java to C++ programing.

Found myself getting into 3D engine design and development, so initaly reworking hitech world's and data types did help me get started.

I think my original goals was to develop a 3D terriean editor with brushes that would enable you to dynamicaly create terriean inside the editor. But my expereince of developing a full 3D package at that time in java was behond me. [/B]

hmm ... is it like my : UltimateProgramThatWillMakeMe RichLikeBillGates ?
Codename : UncompletedProgram #n :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 11:58:35 AM »
OT warning

68K code?  I started with Z80, then migrated to 68K.  I loved coding for both.  The assembly was so easy to debug and an easy language to work with.

Had to love the number of flexible registers in the 68K.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 02:58:55 PM »
I made a bit of Z80 code on Amstrad in the 80 but it was hobby nothing more.

When woking with Assembly you need to make really "pure" code, not as bloated by UI and user desiderata... so was the old time :!)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 03:27:20 PM »
Heck, I thought it was much easier to do user interfaces in assembly as opposed to C.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 03:52:03 PM »
C but using what kind of library ?

When I started windows programming with CSet and my Petzold I almost killed myself plus Win3.0 was crashing so much for the slightest error it was a real nightmare
The project was a complete failure , the user prefered the DOS UI to the new Windows UI :D

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 04:17:53 PM »
Ohhhh,...I never did assembly in Windows.  I would not touch Intel assembly with a ten foot pole.

I never saw a Windows version for non-Intel CPU's.

I wrote my own UI library for the 68K and had one for the Z80.  The 68K library went from TRSDOS (Tandy's OS) to UNIX.  It had context switching, file association (open the file to start the app which created it), built-in email (contained user lists, group lists), cut, copy, paste, alarm clocks, and a slew of other details.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 04:32:52 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
I would not touch Intel assembly with a ten foot pole.

I still have the scar on my skull and it explain lot of dead area I've in my brain :)

Btw I did some assembly with UI but it was on pSos (or QNX ? I don't really remember) and mostly on Amiga (yet again as a hobby).

Now my job is quite boring, less challenging ,annoying like looking a painting drying,did I say it's boring ?

But hell !,I make almost twice the amount of money ,so it's better for the familly :)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2006, 09:17:29 AM »
Well, some good came of it all.  When I looked at Intel assembly, I immediately started learning C.

Intel assembly is still the most convoluted language I have ever seen.  Just flat out nasty.  I think the 68K assembly is/was the best to work with.  It's a shame were forced into the Intel world.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese