Author Topic: Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?  (Read 3786 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:15:21 AM »
Sounds like the start...
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 09:43:48 AM »
Most of this terrorism is hate based more than religion based,  religion is just used as the rallying point to convince weak minded gullible young people to sacrifice themselves.  If "martyring" yourself is such a great idea, why aren't the big shots in Al Queda doing it?  Instead they continue to run and hide like scared mice, convincing the weak of mind to do their bidding.

At its heart, terrorism is more about hate, about envy and feelings of inferiority than anything else.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 09:51:11 AM »
I started reading the Qu'ran but didn't get very far. Religious texts are a real bore. But Mohammed's wife was seemed pretty liberated compared to the fundamentalist ideal. She owned her own business for one - can't imagine her wearing a burka. Makes you wonder where the nutjobs get their ideas. I would imagine if Mohammed returned for a day and was asked by the Taliban types "Are you pleased with what we've done?" he wouldn't be too positive in his reply. Same could be said of Jesus too I expect.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 10:24:08 AM »
with every bombing the world grows less tolerant and their "cause" loses steam. Can't help but think the pool  of nutcases dries up just a little with every explosion/death.
It will not be tomorrow or the day after but terrorism will go the way of "World Wars" - fight themselves dry ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 10:29:56 AM »
the world wars ceased to be after we fixed the root of their source.
And dont worry eagler, everytime a muslim man dies his children grow up with hate in their hearts. there we always an endless supply of terrorists.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
the world wars ceased to be after we fixed the root of their source.
And dont worry eagler, everytime a muslim man dies his children grow up with hate in their hearts. there we always an endless supply of terrorists.

no matter how he dies? who killed him? these 50+ dead are the US fault right? maybe the CIA planted bomb to get locals turned againsts the iraq terroists? get a life kid..

the world wars stopped when they figured out they could not win - the crazy world conquerors are no longer tolerated
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 10:41:08 AM »
Your assuming that religious nuts can think critically eagler. Untill their religion makes it into the 18th century or they lose their inferiority complex these people will continue to bomb everything they deam evil.

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Re: Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 10:45:37 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Who exactly is their enemy now?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/02/10/sprj.nirq.main/index.html
If we're talking about the car bomb: anyone who works for or with the Americans.
If we're talking about the al Qaeda letter, the Americans, but anyone in the way is expendable.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
Your assuming that religious nuts can think critically eagler. Untill their religion makes it into the 18th century or they lose their inferiority complex these people will continue to bomb everything they deam evil.

[img]

Wow, something we agree on.  Prepare!   this is an omen that the end is near!

Offline LWACE

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 11:15:51 AM »
The world wars were not won by the axis seeing they couldnt win, we had to physically go over there lose lives and kill them until we got to berlin, and japan, if we woulda just stopped half way after countless lives on both sides have been lost, hitler and tojo would still be around, and tons more people would be dead.

The terrorist people will always believe what they are doing is "right" yes if their dad gets killed fighting those "evil" americans, they are gonna join some organization and follow in his foot steps. It is an endless supply, even if we do get Osama Bin Laden, nothing will change, people will fill in his place and it will alll continue.

IMHO, i agreed with the war on Iraq, as them pepople didnt need to suffer under Saddam and that guy was about worthless, i agree with that war as long as we give them some help and show them how to set up and fair and equal country.

The war on terror however, it seems like another vietnam to me, 100s/1000s  of lives on boths sides will be lost, and for nothing, there will always been someone to take the place of the man who just fell before him, they will set more and more bombs up killing americans, jump back into the bushes, we will hunt some down kill em, and just and endless battle.

IMHO, more lives will be lost going over and trying to stop them all, then will be lost without the whole war in the long run. Until people live at "peace" with EVERYONE the world will not be a safe place, youll still have to worry somewhat when you get on an airplane, or in your car etc etc.:(

all this is just MHO you dont have to agree or disagree.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 11:28:38 AM »
Originally posted by LWACE

IMHO, i agreed with the war on Iraq, as them pepople didnt need to suffer under Saddam and that guy was about worthless, i agree with that war as long as we give them some help and show them how to set up and fair and equal country.

This is what alot of people that support the war believe in. And in a sane world it would work. I question if the people in the middle east are even ready for a fair and equal country. If they can even grasp that idea without it conflicting with their religion. I would love to be proved wrong and see these people become agnostic and create a flourishing capitalist paradise. I still dont think its worth our troops sitting over there getting shot at 50 times a day for another year.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2004, 12:04:48 PM »
IMHO, western civility and justice has no place in Iraq until the war is completely over, the infra structure is replaced, and a NEW Iraqi government is chosen by Iraqi's.  Doing anything else such as internment and that ilk only shows the terrorists that they will not die if caught, and that more than likely they will be freed.  There only true worry is dying in the initial combat, if they survive that, they will eventually walk.  Hard choice, Huh?  Die in a fight for allah, or get caught, eventually released, and try it again!  If we treated it like midle eastern justice, these people would have some fear, and riskm being forever shamed by some of the punishments, the attacks go down, and the Iraqi's can choos their own government and move on.  I only hope something like this can work, because until then, more coalition, and Iraqi civilians continue to die, because there is not stop gap.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2004, 01:22:32 PM »
Originally posted by LWACE
yes if their dad gets killed fighting those "evil" americans, they are gonna join some organization and follow in his foot steps.  
Kinda like how all the children of German soldiers killed by Allies joined together to form the Fourth Reich and invaded Poland?  Oh... wait....

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 01:36:50 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding
I started reading the Qu'ran but didn't get very far. Religious texts are a real bore. But Mohammed's wife was seemed pretty liberated compared to the fundamentalist ideal. She owned her own business for one - can't imagine her wearing a burka. Makes you wonder where the nutjobs get their ideas. I would imagine if Mohammed returned for a day and was asked by the Taliban types "Are you pleased with what we've done?" he wouldn't be too positive in his reply. Same could be said of Jesus too I expect.

Dowding....you ever read Ephesians in the New Testament?