Author Topic: Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 01:39:37 PM »
Can't help but think the pool of nutcases dries up just a little with every explosion/death.  

And the gene pool improves with the death of each one who self detonates.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Iraq, the beggining of the end of islamic terror?
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2004, 02:04:44 PM »
GRUNHERZ: Who exactly is their enemy now?

A pickup truck detonated as recruits stood in line to apply for jobs with the Iraqi police...

I'd say collaborators with authorities and their puppet government.

Dowding: I started reading the Qu'ran but didn't get very far...

Are you reading original arabic or translation?

Eagler: with every bombing the world grows less tolerant and their "cause" loses steam. Can't help but think the pool of nutcases dries up just a little with every explosion/death.

That is wishfull thinking. Even in common crime the copy-cat follow-up is common. With terrorism it's even more pronounced. Every successfull and spectacular terror act is presented as a victory and draws more recruits, not less.

no matter how he dies? who killed him?

Right. Those chldren of dead suni will be blowing shi'ites and americans while shi'ites will be blowing suni and americans.

are the US fault right? maybe the CIA planted bomb to get locals turned againsts the iraq terroists? get a life kid..

How hard is it for iraiqis to believe that US is not interested in stabilisation in Iraq? The more mayhem, the more reasons to keep troops there. It's not as much of a stretch as the belief that  9/11 was caused by Mossad/CIA to justify the invasion - and plenty of them believe that.

Frogm4n: Untill their religion makes it into the 18th century or they lose their inferiority complex...

Funny that I hear about that mysterious "inferiority complex" so much but every one of them thinks their culture is superior and cite many agruments in their support.
 Like the argument that their daughters are not barren potatos like western women and their nations are not going extinct like ours.

LWACE: we will hunt some down kill em, and just and endless battle

Not endless. The hostilities keep their growing nations united and hostile to adoption of the western ways while we diminish in numbers and get replaced with democrat-voting mexicans in US (or muslims in Europe).

miko

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2004, 02:12:05 PM »
As Miko posted their enemy are "collaborators with authorities and their puppet government."

But then this target is hardly new...

Tronsky
God created Arrakis to train the faithful

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2004, 02:28:24 PM »
everytime a muslim man dies his children grow up with hate in their hearts. there we always an endless supply of terrorists

frog..u are a moron

I guaren-god-dam-tee....the japanese and Germans//especially the japanese..commited FAR more atrocities then the waked out muslims right now..AND i god-dam-guarentee that the Japanses were taught much more hate for the"gaizon" ...true they teach there muslim kids to hate...but on the standrad that japan taught..hell no ...

So..funny...I dont see these Japanese and Germans continuing the fight?

You really make me laff...dummofo
getting shot at 50 times a day

why do you LIE?

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2004, 02:41:35 PM »
You simply can't compare the German/Japanese to terrorists. One fought a war out in the open, the other sneaks up behind your back and then relies on the subsequent fear for their war.

They just aren't the same thing, and neither is their resolve.
-SW

Offline 2Slow

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2004, 02:45:08 PM »
"The war on terror however, it seems like another vietnam to me, "

Wrong analogy.  More like the anti-pirate campaigns of the 17 and 1800's.
2Slow
Secundum mihi , urbanus resurrectio
TANSTAAFL

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2004, 03:13:45 PM »
BGBMAW: frog..u are a moron

BGBMAW, I will try to explain it to you without using big words.

Japanese and germans individuals did not attack other people on their own initiative. Japanese and Germans were not buying tickets and travelling to other countries to blow themsleves up and kill the inhabitants.
 Their governments made them do it - drafted, equipped and sent abroad. Most of them would have been happy not to fight and not to risk dying. So they had no problem to stop fighting when the war ended.
 The "bloodthirsty" germans who are so intimidating in uniform would rather allow you kill them than litter on the street.

Unlike the law-obedient citizens of Japan and Germany, terrorists actually want to fight and do not mind dying. They personally and individually join groups that help them get equipped and then blow up the enemy.

The Japan's and Germany's militarism came from their governments and removing governments solved the problem.

That is not the case with muslim militants who often act against their government's wishes. Removing their governments will not change their motivation.

Maybe some day that will stop. But it has nothing to do with Japan and Germany.

miko

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2004, 03:57:53 PM »
Originally posted by 2Slow
"The war on terror however, it seems like another vietnam to me, "

Wrong analogy.  More like the anti-pirate campaigns of the 17 and 1800's.

and where are the pirates today? the same place terrorists will be in the future - erased from mainstream
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2004, 04:31:09 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
and where are the pirates today? the same place terrorists will be in the future - erased from mainstream
Err sorry to burst your fuzzy "hey we can win this one" feelings bubble but piracy is alive, well and on the rise, and no, I'm not talking about Col. Depp's latest movie.
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2004, 04:41:48 PM »
Originally posted by -dead-
Err sorry to burst your fuzzy "hey we can win this one" feelings bubble but piracy is alive, well and on the rise, and no, I'm not talking about Col. Depp's latest movie.

What he said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/2994013.stm
sand

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2004, 05:49:28 PM »
The germans and japanese did not fight for God. They fought for the state. You cannot compare apples and oranges. At least the Germans and Japanese on average were far more educated and were not religious fanatics. Sure you can make a arguement with Hirohito being considered a god, but he did renounce his devinity. I dont mythical characters our of storys are capable of such even when it is to save a people from a terrible fate.

Miko, the inferiority complex i talk about is different then you think it is. They believe that they are the chosen people, and that God has granted them the best way of living and that everything they do is far superior to the infidals. So when secular states have superior economics culture and freedoms it kind of speaks against what they believe. And therefor is satans doing.

Offline weaselsan

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2004, 07:41:43 PM »
Originally posted by -dead-

I was talking to some old navy buddies, and we don't remember any problems with pirates.....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2004, 10:17:02 PM »
Originally posted by Frogm4n
The germans and japanese did not fight for God. They fought for the state. You cannot compare apples and oranges. At least the Germans and Japanese on average were far more educated and were not religious fanatics. Sure you can make a arguement with Hirohito being considered a god, but he did renounce his devinity. I dont mythical characters our of storys are capable of such even when it is to save a people from a terrible fate..

I think you could easily compare the typical jap fighter's mindset in ww2 with the average joe nutbag terrorist of today... the germs on the other hand showed much better judgement in the c.y.a. department
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 02:35:46 AM »
Originally posted by weaselsan
I was talking to some old navy buddies, and we don't remember any problems with pirates.....

Well maybe things have changed a bit since then - heck, they invented colour photography and hairstylists for a start. ;)
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 03:18:47 AM »
Rude - does Ephesians deal with the return of Christ? I've read the New Testament, but it was a long time ago, when I went to Church.

Miko - unfortunately I don't read Arabic, and if you're going to argue the English translation is edited for PCness or something, I like you to name one religious text that hasn't.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.