Author Topic: God's Plane - The 205  (Read 1550 times)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 01:09:54 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
How does the 51-b compare with the Spit 9 on turning, anybody done that engagement? That B has some good armor I think. I've taken some pretty good hits in it and kept on going.

The D model is a better stall fighter than the 9 IMO,  but ive only done 1 engagement with Taki on the deck, him a Spit 9, me in 51,  took a few barrel rolls but the 51 came up as the victor in this particular scenario.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 01:55:22 PM »
I bet got 14.95 that says p38 can outturn a p51... ;)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 02:09:59 PM »
Originally posted by Sway
I bet got 14.95 that says p38 can outturn a p51... ;)

Would hate to take your money ;)
Plus the duel of my 51 and your 38 would just be another Deja Vu,  since we both know who won these last time :D

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 02:21:15 PM »
Well stop in tonight.. I would enjoy posting the results on here.  Come take my money cutie.. ;)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2004, 02:33:03 PM »
Well stop in tonight.. I would enjoy posting the results on here.  Come take my money cutie.. ;)

We'll see after i get off of work which is 9 ..  But like i said it would be Deja vu all over again.  

But i dont usually go looking for fights,  but i might just make an exception this time,  since i know your gonna keep bothering me about this for a while.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 02:40:28 PM »
We are both lucky last time films are on my trashed PC.  We were pretty equal in skill, and shot eachother down about the same amount of times.  I will stay on tonight for you though. :D

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 03:11:26 PM »
We are both lucky last time films are on my trashed PC.  We were pretty equal in skill, and shot eachother down about the same amount of times.  I will stay on tonight for you though. :D

Must be a different WT,  as i remember it, best out of 5 duels,  
3-0 in my favor.

But ok,  ill try to make it..

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 03:16:26 PM »
Originally posted by WldThing
The D model is a better stall fighter than the 9 IMO,  but ive only done 1 engagement with Taki on the deck, him a Spit 9, me in 51,  took a few barrel rolls but the 51 came up as the victor in this particular scenario.

You wouldnt have film on that WldThing??

I can't quite visualize this one...normally (for me) barrel roll is an E management move to force or avoid an overshoot not a part of a "knife fight"...then again I'm far from the top of the hill :)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 03:49:44 PM »
Originally posted by humble
You wouldnt have film on that WldThing??

I can't quite visualize this one...normally (for me) barrel roll is an E management move to force or avoid an overshoot not a part of a "knife fight"...then again I'm far from the top of the hill :)

O im sure i can dig it up humble,  since i barrel roll in every stall fight to cause an overshoot.  Throttle adjustments with barrel rolls work very well.  

Give me your email addy and ill send one to you later tonight when i get off work.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 03:51:34 PM »

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 03:52:50 PM »
Forcing the overshoot on the barrel rolls with Taki? Thats the kind of flying I'm talking about. I might be wrong, but it just seems like to me the b is a better little turnfighter than the D. Maybe thats just my impression because I've never been a big D fan anyway.

Anyway I'm getting better at hitting the flaps right at that correct moment to turn n go, instead of turn n auger or turn n flip like I was . B ride is good, I'd recommend it to everyone to try.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2004, 06:15:53 PM »
No, because me beating you pony vs pony stands out clearly in my mind. Seems to me now your just trying to uphold some image, which will be torn apart after tonight anyways. :D

film will be rolling sweetheart... ;)

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2004, 07:08:18 PM »
No, because me beating you pony vs pony stands out clearly in my mind. Seems to me now your just trying to uphold some image, which will be torn apart after tonight anyways. :D

film will be rolling sweetheart... ;)

LOL ...  I cant believe im actually gonna give in..  Before i actually take any of your smack to heart,  only thing i will say is that i let my guns do the talking.  Let's see if you can back up everything you've said with your own lead.  GL!

I'll be there around 9:30-9:45 EST,  maybe sooner.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2004, 07:12:58 PM »
Originally posted by humble

rolling scissors.

edit:
The reason the P-51 seemed to do it better then the spit9 is that it slows down faster. If you start the rolling contest fast enough, the spits exelent E retention will become it's disadvantage.

Then again, if the spit chops throttle and hangs in there long enough - the pony is toast.

Bozon
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 07:18:01 PM by bozon »
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 07:32:36 PM »
>I'll be there around 9:30-9:45 EST, maybe sooner.<

Sounds like a good rumble!:D