Author Topic: Ta152 is ...  (Read 1916 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2001, 11:38:00 AM »
Above 25k, the Ta handles better than any plane in the MA.  Its overall speed and armament combined with its high alt performance and low production numbers merit perking.

The cost can be reduced... I've said that many times in the past... but this thread reaks more of a biased agenda than anything else.

Is the Ta-152 the least used perk plane?  Is there a perk plane that costs more and is used less?

The way this is presented comes off as "I really want to fly this plane more without the perk cost... but not because its uber... cause it isn't... if anyone says it is they are lieing."   :rolleyes:

Too many people play one side of the fence so often that it takes away from the gist of the argument.  This should not be "the LW pilots don't see a reason to perk this very good LW ride."  It should be unbiased... and that just isn't happening.

AKDejaVu

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
It still needs to be perked, maybe cheaper, but still perked. No reason to perk the Spit9...yes, they are all over the place...but they are easy enough to kill or avoid.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2001, 12:02:00 PM »
Deja, you wouldn't be alluding to a certain late model of a blue plane would you?

Perk the Spit IX. You'll still see SPIT everywhere in the arena.  The Spit V and Seafire aren't THAT much worse than a Spit IX, plus you get CV ops with the Seafire (sees more use in ndisles and Mindanao).  You gonna tell me that after you perk the Spit IX, you'll want the Spit V and Seafire perked too, because you still see SPIT everywhere???

Toad, please start another round of singin'!!!   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2001, 02:13:00 PM »
I agree the Ta152 lo numbers (even though MA is not WW2 Arena by any means) makes it being perked even if the Troposphere performance is lacking.

Now about the price yes I do consider it being too expensive and I agree with the value of 10perk points for. Take for example the F4U1C  what the hell happened as soon as they gave it 8 measly perk point cost it ceased and deceased as being the frontline most used fighter in the MA with 8 measly perk cost I think a reduction is in order for the Ta152.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2001, 02:48:00 PM »
TA definately can kill a 32k buff.

we've been very successful with it at high alts.   it's a bad-ass at alt.

It should be!.. it's a propeller driven U-2!

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2001, 02:56:00 PM »
The Ta-152 is not, and should not be, a turn fighting furballer. I know that's why you want it unperked. Forget it, please.

Use this airplane as it is intended and you find it is well suited in that role. Basically, this aircraft is a cheaper Me-262. It is a buff slayer. Hell, it even kills the P51D at altitude!

Sorry you snap your wings (sound of lone violin playing).

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
Spit envy  :)

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2001, 05:16:00 PM »
Originally posted by Voss:
Use this airplane as it is intended and you find it is well suited in that role.

His role has no place in MA. Usual buff alt is 10k - 20k where almost any other unperked plane with long range weapons (hispanos/50s) has better chances to kill the buffs and survive. Being slower at most alts than 190D9, P51, 109G10 or 109G2 I cant understand how somebody compared it to cheap 262.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2001, 05:23:00 PM »
It has to be perked.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »
The Ta-152 is expensive, but the 4Hog is even more so.  You can buy 2 Ta-152's for the price of 1 4Hog.  Only 10 pts less than a Tempest.

Perks should be based on % of kills a plane gets in the MA, not arbitrarily assigned.

ra

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2001, 07:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by ra:
Perks should be based on % of kills a plane gets in the MA, not arbitrarily assigned.

Ok, then all the ways lead to perk the Spit

:D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2001, 08:08:00 PM »
Perked or not; the Ta152 is just another LW plane wot needs killin.

Unperk it I say; lemme kill more of 'em.  :)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2001, 08:37:00 PM »
The problem with assigning perk value according to the percentage of kills gained is that you would have to flood the arena with 262's, Ta's, Tempests, Ar234's, and whatever comes in the future before their proper ratio of kills stabilizes to the point you could take an accurate measure. Is this something you would want to see?

Ask how many WB vets what they thought of jet day in the MA. Ask them how many of them even bothered to log on. Then ask yourself, "Would people really want to see 262's unperked?" Undoubtedly some would, until they saw 262's in every low furball, in every nook and cranny of the game. It would be a one-plane show in a hurry. Still, in order to bring our jet up to the proper level of kills (to meet the kill percentage perk requirement) you have to allow that to happen.

I prefer to think there are several factors that make perking relevant. How exotic? How powerful? How much potential to dominate? How few produced? All of the factors need to be considered.

Kill percentage alone cannot be the measure of perk, because it would completely upend the game as it is now. Would it be bad? Dunno, but it is a bad idea to radically change anything that is successful without controlled testing first.

Offline Voss

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bombardieraerospace.com
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2001, 09:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by MANDOBLE:

His role has no place in MA. Usual buff alt is 10k - 20k where almost any other unperked plane with long range weapons (hispanos/50s) has better chances to kill the buffs and survive. Being slower at most alts than 190D9, P51, 109G10 or 109G2 I cant understand how somebody compared it to cheap 262.

Balderdash! Any buff stupid enough to go near a busy field (maybe you're talking about sneaky buffs at 0k), is a dead buff. I know what this plane can do, because I have used it where it is a killer!

I do not think that things will remain as they are now. When (and it is coming) HT introduces the larger cities and formation buffs, I do believe that buffs will go higher, and the 152 will be seen as more desirable.

Unperking this thing so you can furball with it would be... well,... childish. Oh wait, I forgot how popular cheese is in the arena.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Ta152 is ...
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2001, 10:56:00 PM »

You haven't engaged many buffs with a Tempest have you?  Get one over 15k some day and give it a try.  Maybe even try close to 20k and see how much fun that plane is.

No need to talk about buffs below 15k because they are fair game for anything in the arena.

But you get a buff over 20k and the number of planes that stand a chance goes down considerably.  You get it over 25k and the number gets close to 2.  Over 30k and there is only one plane that stands a chance.

My experience with a Ta152 is not super extensive.  I usually upped with it to try and intercept buffs attempting to bomb HQ.  One sortie I took off from a rear base and climbed to 30k to intercept a buff trying to bomb HQ.  He was dispatched and I then flew 5 sectors and killed another strato buff that was lurking over a field.  I then flew another 5 sectors south and engaged a P-51 Co-alt at 33k (totally dominating it) and then dove in on a B26 at 25k and wiped him out too.

Tell me of another plane in the arena that can do that?  The P-51?  No way.. guns are too anemic.  The G-10 or Dora?  Nope... nowhere near the range... nor e retention over 30k.  What other plane?  The Tempest with its 4 hispanos?  Nope... not even going to make it over 30k before running out of fuel.

The Ta152 has its place in the arena.  It merrits being perked.  I'm sorry that it will not see the amount of use you seem to feel it should, but not all that sorry.

AKDejaVu