Author Topic: I know its early yet...  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2004, 11:48:11 AM »
The Niki is making a comeback against the Spit anyway:

The N1K2 has 236 kills and has been killed 211 times against the Spitfire Mk IX.
The Typhoon IB has 100 kills and has been killed 63 times against the N1K2.
The FM2 has 24 kills and has been killed 19 times against the N1K2.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 48 kills and has been killed 41 times against the Ki-61.
The Typhoon IB has 19 kills and has been killed 16 times against the Ki-61.
The FM2 has 5 kills and has been killed 4 times against the Ki-61.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 12 kills and has been killed 8 times against the A6M2.
The Typhoon IB has 6 kills and has been killed 0 times against the A6M2.
The FM2 has 1 kill and has been killed 1 time against the A6M2.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 61 kills and has been killed 43 times against the A6M5b.
The Typhoon IB has 15 kills and has been killed 8 times against the A6M5b.
The FM2 has 10 kills and has been killed 3 times against the A6M5b.

I dont believe stats tell the story either Soulyss, thats why I'm posting these. This week except for the Niki/Spit matchup every allied plane has the edge stats wise, yet actual gameplay does not tell me that. Last week, the stats were nearly even, with the G-10 even a bit up on the VVS yet the whole week the only kills I got were ganging up on the Yaks/Lalas and I dont usually gang. Last week I did it as a rule.

The Bf 109G-10 has 99 kills and has been killed 81 times against the La-7.
The Bf 109G-10 has 87 kills and has been killed 79 times against the La-5FN.
The Bf 109G-10 has 154 kills and has been killed 134 times against the Yak-9U.

The Bf 109G-6 has 61 kills and has been killed 83 times against the La-7.
The Bf 109G-6 has 56 kills and has been killed 53 times against the La-5FN.
The Bf 109G-6 has 111 kills and has been killed 124 times against the Yak-9U.

The Fw 190A-5 has 51 kills and has been killed 49 times against the La-7.
The Fw 190A-5 has 26 kills and has been killed 35 times against the La-5FN.
The Fw 190A-5 has 53 kills and has been killed 64 times against the Yak-9U.

Even though the G-10 was up on the Ruskies stats wise, I sure didnt feel like I had any advantage while flying it. In the G-6 and A-5 you pretty much knew you were going to die to the first Yak/Lala you ran into unless you had a lot of buddies. One thing I do know without a doubt that I dont need stats to show me,  I hate VVS sets with a passion.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
I know its early yet...
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2004, 11:59:54 AM »
As statistics had shown - 109g10 outperforms La7 and Yak-9U.

In my flight experience in 109, La7 and Yak - 109G10 is best.

The same show statistics.........

IMHO La7 and Yak-9U matchs up 109G10 and 190s so........

Late War VVS vs LW is Great Setup :aok
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
I know its early yet...
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 12:07:51 PM »
Originally posted by Grits
The Niki is making a comeback against the Spit anyway:

The N1K2 has 236 kills and has been killed 211 times against the Spitfire Mk IX.
The Typhoon IB has 100 kills and has been killed 63 times against the N1K2.
The FM2 has 24 kills and has been killed 19 times against the N1K2.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 48 kills and has been killed 41 times against the Ki-61.
The Typhoon IB has 19 kills and has been killed 16 times against the Ki-61.
The FM2 has 5 kills and has been killed 4 times against the Ki-61.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 12 kills and has been killed 8 times against the A6M2.
The Typhoon IB has 6 kills and has been killed 0 times against the A6M2.
The FM2 has 1 kill and has been killed 1 time against the A6M2.

The Spitfire Mk IX has 61 kills and has been killed 43 times against the A6M5b.
The Typhoon IB has 15 kills and has been killed 8 times against the A6M5b.
The FM2 has 10 kills and has been killed 3 times against the A6M5b.

I dont believe stats tell the story either Soulyss, thats why I'm posting these. This week except for the Niki/Spit matchup every allied plane has the edge stats wise, yet actual gameplay does not tell me that. Last week, the stats were nearly even, with the G-10 even a bit up on the VVS yet the whole week the only kills I got were ganging up on the Yaks/Lalas and I dont usually gang. Last week I did it as a rule.

The Bf 109G-10 has 99 kills and has been killed 81 times against the La-7.
The Bf 109G-10 has 87 kills and has been killed 79 times against the La-5FN.
The Bf 109G-10 has 154 kills and has been killed 134 times against the Yak-9U.

The Bf 109G-6 has 61 kills and has been killed 83 times against the La-7.
The Bf 109G-6 has 56 kills and has been killed 53 times against the La-5FN.
The Bf 109G-6 has 111 kills and has been killed 124 times against the Yak-9U.

The Fw 190A-5 has 51 kills and has been killed 49 times against the La-7.
The Fw 190A-5 has 26 kills and has been killed 35 times against the La-5FN.
The Fw 190A-5 has 53 kills and has been killed 64 times against the Yak-9U.

Even though the G-10 was up on the Ruskies stats wise, I sure didnt feel like I had any advantage while flying it. In the G-6 and A-5 you pretty much knew you were going to die to the first Yak/Lala you ran into unless you had a lot of buddies. One thing I do know without a doubt that I dont need stats to show me,  I hate VVS sets with a passion.

You need to learn how to fly german planes. Low speed handling on the yak and the la las is terrible, High speed handling in the 109s is terrible. The 109s can accellerate well enough to make low speed energy fight your best option other then Bore and ZZZZZ'ng or cherry picking. The A5 will out roll either the yak or la7 the trick is getting them to commit at high speed then timing the overshoot to get a decent shot.

In a gang bang situation it doesnt matter you will die. In actuality the g10 should be limited in this setup with the primary LW plane being the the A-8. Yes JG54 killed Yaks of all types and lalas. In fact JG54 had 9000 odd kills to like 600 odd losses over the war.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
I know its early yet...
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2004, 12:11:29 PM »
Aslo fly the 190s as light as possible. There is no benefit to taking the mgff outboard cannon on the a5. 2 cannon are enough, same with the A8.

Dump the mg ammo on the a5 and burn your aft fule tank first. On the A8 75 fuel is enough burn off the aft tank then go back to auto and burn to aux / forward. You only need about half the 13mm mg so dump it.

Once you get light and you C of G forward the 190s handle very well.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2004, 12:41:03 PM »
Thanks Batz, I do everything you said already except for dumping the MG ammo, I will try that next time. BTW, I also agree that getting them to commit and overshoot is the best thing to do in the A-5, but I dont consider that a good situation when your best move is a last-ditch defensive one.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2004, 12:48:03 PM »
I run aft tank down to 25% before switching to Forward Auto. That way I know its time to think RTB when the tank switches back to aft.

And G10 is a better scenario/CT fighter than La7.  La7 is better in MA.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 12:51:08 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
I know its early yet...
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2004, 01:58:44 PM »
Man I'm gonna have to get some of you LW fans to show me some tricks, I'm pretty much helpless in any LW plane it seems. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2004, 02:13:55 PM »
no tricks involved that aren't used across the spectrum.

it's just a matter of:

learn to use the throttle and anticipate - the 109's don't like to stay slow, so you have to really work at it if you want to stay in flaps range (just like the la5/7 and yaks).  they don't like to get too fast either (unlike the vvs stuff).

practice makes perfect, and provides allied dweebs with some freebies until you get it right.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2004, 09:42:56 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
learn to use the throttle and anticipate - the 109's don't like to stay slow, so you have to really work at it if you want to stay in flaps range (just like the la5/7 and yaks).  they don't like to get too fast either (unlike the vvs stuff).

Hmmm, so you have to keep it slow? I am guessing this is more for the La7, and staying in flaps speed gives you a smaller turn radius? The thing I cant figure out is, I have no troubles at all with RAF or USAAF planes in any of the LW stuff, for some reason its only the VVS planes that have got me stumped.

practice makes perfect, and provides allied dweebs with some freebies until you get it right. [/B]

Tell me about it. I gave out an prettythangload of freebies last week, but if thats what it takes to learn how to beat them thats fine by me.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2004, 09:56:02 PM »
the reason the vvs planes are giving you fits is that they accelerate right there with the 109's and can climb with them, until you hit 12-17k.  also the vvs stuff doesn't hit that "fight the extra elevator" input quite as hard as the 109's do.

i have spiraled with a 109 whil ein an la5 from 14k to 23k... i couldn't gain, but wasn't losing much, and ended up with the kill anyway when he finally tried to roll over on me, missed and allowed me to roll over on him.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
I know its early yet...
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 10:16:47 AM »
Yeah I think if I were more aggresive on the throttle that might help.   I do change power settings in a fight but I also know I can get kinda lazy too.  I fought Nath last night in the MA and it looked like that 190 swapped ends it happened so fast.  I kinda doubt I could have won anyway but I'm back in newbieville while I get these rudder pedals sorted, might be a good time to pick up some LW iron while I'm here and really suck for awhile. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
I know its early yet...
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 10:48:11 AM »
Thats usually the key though Soulyss. Figuring out the power that you want and being able to change it quickly and efficiently in the middle of a fight helps out quite a bit. For me its as much a part of the tactics I use as knowing the capabilities of the aircraft in my area and in the end I usually end up treating them all like Wldthing, Octavius, Nath or Shane and running like hell screaming and cursing the entire time for someone to shoot them down for me. :D
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
I know its early yet...
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 11:02:18 AM »
Yeah some nights I'm more on than others, more mentally alert I guess (relatively speaking of course).  Then there are nights like last night.  :)  Where I had to sit there and tell myself "ok nose needs to go left..... move left leg......no the OTHER left leg... ok ok ok... hello?  you can ease up a bit, no quite holding left rudder I need to go RIGHT.... "  so and and so forth, I felt like Dr. Strangelove's pediatric, inept cousin. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 12:55:35 PM »
I'm with you Soulyss, I could do nothing vs. lags in the 109's or 190's unless I cherrypicked them.

Had some great 1v1 fights against 109's flown by Oldman and 1 vs. Jester.  Now, I'm not very good, ask Shane or anyone else, and I killed much more than I died in those encounters.  Based on that, I would have to say the 9U and the Lag 7 are superior to G10 and D9 unless you're a great sim pilot like Shane or you can fly a 109 like Eagler.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
I know its early yet...
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2004, 02:02:27 PM »
Yup, thats my assesment too Naj, unless your Shane or Eagler (I'm nowhere near either of them) you are in deep doodoo in a 109/190 against the Yak9U/La7. Im gonna keep trying though, because I figure if I can consistantly win against the Yak9U/La7 combo in LW planes, I can beat just about anything. Its a steep and frustrating process though.