Author Topic: WTG Georgie!  (Read 5665 times)

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2004, 04:22:28 AM »
I have a brilliant idea, Grun.  You run for office.  Hell, we'll make an eighth dwarf for you.  Your remarks are right up there with Dopey's. :)

curly

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2004, 04:28:18 AM »
And on what mental level are your remarks?  Whining that somebody who makes twentyfive times as much as you gets a bigger tax cut?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2004, 04:32:15 AM »
Originally posted by CyranoAH
Grun, I believe he means "the more you earn, the more this system benefits you"

Daniel

Actually, the more you earn, the more the system anally rapes you.  Bush's tax cuts just slightly reduced the size of the night stick.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2004, 04:36:59 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
And on what mental level are your remarks?  Whining that somebody who makes twentyfive times as much as you gets a bigger tax cut?

Grun, I not concerned about compensation levels.  Read the thread dude.  I'm concerned about tax breaks when our budget deficit is accelerating.

I'm all for smaller taxes; I'm all for larger taxes if it's necessary to repay the budget deficit.  

However, it's stupid to think we can cut taxes and increase government expenditures.  Furthermore, to watch people at the top end of the tax bracket milk this cow is obscene.

While old Georgie is dumb as a box of hammers, it's abundantly clear to me that he knows how to take care of his buds. :)

curly

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 04:38:44 AM »
Originally posted by FUNKED1
Actually, the more you earn, the more the system anally rapes you.  Bush's tax cuts just slightly reduced the size of the night stick.

OMG!!! I just realized that you lived in a communist country!!! Poor bastiges, I feel for you... :(
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 04:41:06 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly
Grun, I not concerned about compensation levels.  Read the thread dude.  I'm concerned about tax breaks when our budget deficit is accelerating.

I'm all for smaller taxes; I'm all for larger taxes if it's necessary to repay the budget deficit.  

However, it's stupid to think we can cut taxes and increase government expenditures.  Furthermore, to watch people at the top end of the tax bracket milk this cow is obscene.

While old Georgie is dumb as a box of hammers, it's abundantly clear to me that he knows how to take care of his buds. :)

curly

If yourse not concerned about compensation why make comparsion between bush's 30k tax break and your smaller one. The only difference there is compensation.

Why do you think raising taxes will be beneficial?

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 04:46:16 AM »
Originally posted by deSelys
OMG!!! I just realized that you lived in a communist country!!! Poor bastiges, I feel for you... :(

Yep, The People's Republic of Northern Aztlan.  Please send food and weapons so we can fight the Oppressor.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 04:50:47 AM by FUNKED1 »

Offline deSelys

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 04:51:31 AM »
Yep, the The People's Republic of Northern Aztlan.  Please send food and weapons so we can fight the Oppressor.

This is just a job for the UN! Hang on a little while!
Current ID: Romanov

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

'I AM DID NOTHING WRONG' - Famous last forum words by legoman

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 04:52:26 AM »
If yourse not concerned about compensation why make comparsion between bush's 30k tax break and your smaller one. The only difference there is compensation.

Why do you think raising taxes will be beneficial?

I already answered why I was concerned about the tax break.

I didn't say raising taxes would be beneficial.  I said "I'm all for smaller taxes; I'm all for larger taxes if it's necessary to repay the budget deficit."  

In other words, I want government expenditures to not exceed tax revenue.

curly

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 04:55:41 AM »
Out of all the talk of economy I'm just wondering when it become wrong to be wealthy? Why do the wealthy have to pay more?

Granted there are some unbalances in the system but what it all comes down to is that alot of folks seem to think that if you are wealthy then you have to pay more?

Hypotheticaly if there was an across the boared 10% tax....well 10% is 10% regardless of what you make but you'd still have folks yelling about how the wealthy arent paying enough.

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 04:58:09 AM »
Yep, The People's Republic of Northern Aztlan.  Please send food and weapons so we can fight the Oppressor.

How do you say "Don't vote for Dopey" in Nahuatl?

curly

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 05:07:09 AM »
Originally posted by Wolf14
Out of all the talk of economy I'm just wondering when it become wrong to be wealthy? Why do the wealthy have to pay more?

Good question, Wolf.  I would love to see a flat rate tax.  Everyone pays the same percentage.  BTW, not that it matters, I'm happy with the idea of folks being wealthy.  I have no problem with it whatsoever.

I am unhappy with the idea of wealthy people driving the tax reduction.  Either increase taxes or decrease federal expenditures.  But for the love of pete, don't decrease taxes and increase federal expenditures when we've already got red ink out the gazoo.  A total idiot wouldn't do that, but a crook would. ;)

curly

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2004, 05:09:26 AM »
Originally posted by AKcurly

I am unhappy with the idea of wealthy people driving the tax reduction.  Either increase taxes or decrease federal expenditures.  But for the love of pete, don't decrease taxes and increase federal expenditures when we've already got red ink out the gazoo.  A total idiot wouldn't do that, but a crook would. ;)

curly

There you go again mentiong high compensation...  Who should set tax policy, bums on the street?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 05:15:02 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2004, 05:22:03 AM »
There you go again mentiong high compensation...  Who should set tax plovy, bums on the street?

Obviously the net worth of an individual is irrelevant if they are government employees (or at least it should be.)

But clearly net worth drives your ability to be elected to public office.  For example, the finanical reserves of Kerry's wife makes it possible for Kerry's campaign to exist w/o worry about financial contributions.

I don't want like tax cuts when we have a budget deficit.  It's moronic and it should be criminal.  I believe Bush's tax cuts represent the delivery of earlier compaign promises to corporate hoodlums.

Whatever the tax cuts represent, I know one thing: They don't represent common sense and offer real harm to future generations.

curly

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2004, 05:53:03 AM »
lower home mortgage interest and higher standard deductions this year, killed the schedule A for many folks (me included)

even with that, I went from owing $2000 to payin $200 - wtg GW!

washington j has to figure out how to manage with less, j like the rest of us do everyday

LANDSLIDE BUSH!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals