Author Topic: WTG Georgie!  (Read 5678 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2004, 09:56:03 AM »
Originally posted by TheDudeDVant
Kids Rip??

Get to work!!

dude

Thats alright, we're quite used to people changing the subject when they can't debate  targeted subject....

Carry on...

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »
why should we fire bush on the economy when its growing at a huge rate

and why should we hire kerry when all i hear is how his plans would ruin the economy
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2004, 10:00:22 AM »
Originally posted by simshell

and why should we hire kerry when all i hear is how his plans would ruin the economy

cause he's a "war hero" LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2004, 10:00:38 AM »
Really Rip?? I thought the vid went well with our topic of tax cuts and overspending..

Trickle Down econ 101 has been shown that it 'could' work in the short term. But somewhere we missed the point of this. The moneies spent by the government to help out hte economy is meant to be spent in OUR economy.. Care to guess where our government's money is going? Our tax money? NM.. I guess this is off subject..

But my video suits the conversation just fine..

dude

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2004, 10:05:02 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
Thats alright, we're quite used to people changing the subject when they can't debate  targeted subject....

Carry on...

You call a steady stream of cut-n-paste jobs a "debate?" :rolleyes:

You are a funny guy.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2004, 10:16:48 AM »
Yes.. A flat tax would benefit the entire economy..  The IRS needs to disband and give up their WMDs....

dude

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2004, 10:29:03 AM »
Originally posted by simshell

Incidently, the stock market is taking profits (sell off) because of fears of inflation...inflation is a result of a booming economy, no? ;)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2004, 10:31:08 AM »
Originally posted by Airhead
You call a steady stream of cut-n-paste jobs a "debate?" :rolleyes:

You are a funny guy.

I can understand why you hate facts and data, and choose not to engage debate about them.  Mirrors scare some folks to death.

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2004, 10:40:56 AM »
I can understand why you hate facts and data, and choose not to engage debate about them.  Mirrors scare some folks to death.

LOL So posting "cut n paste" jobs from two dissenting positions is your idea of a debate? And then attacking your opponents' credibility by resorting to namecalling?

You are brilliant, Rip.

:aok

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2004, 10:47:56 AM »
Incidently, the stock market is taking profits (sell off) because of fears of inflation...inflation is a result of a booming economy, no? ;)

Wrong... You can have inflation in a declining economy..

In the long run inflation is determined by the growth rate of the money supply.. An increase in the quantity of money reduces the value of money by increasing the price level.
While there are many causes of inflation in the short-run, such as changes in the sales tax rate and/or changes in oil prices, over the long run inflation is a monetary phenomenon.

dude

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2004, 10:55:16 AM »
Originally posted by Tarmac
Flat tax.

Amen.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2004, 11:23:40 AM »
The funny thing about this thread is with a flat tax in place, Bush would have saved even more, and most here would have saw a drastic increase in their taxes.

Curly, if you payed closer to 30% in federal taxes, you either made more than GW or you're a bit rusty on the math skills from calculator overuse in college.  Research the tax cuts... what tax brackets were paying % wise before and after.  The wealthy are still paying a large % more than the poor (twice the % as a matter of fact).

Really... look at the numbers and present them.  Talk about those.  Posting this article and ranting the way you have is simply pathetic.

MiniD
« Last Edit: April 14, 2004, 11:32:05 AM by Mini D »

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2004, 11:30:55 AM »
The federal government is getting bigger, the military is trying to get bigger (nothing wrong with that), and theres one helluva debt this country is sitting on.

Just exactly where are these "tax breaks" coming from? Sure as **** ain't reality.
-SW

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2004, 11:33:39 AM »
BTW... you want to have some fun with taxes this year, move to Multnomah County in Oregon.  We can show you what kind of fun a democratic majority can vote for despite tax surplusses.

MiniD

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
WTG Georgie!
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2004, 11:41:09 AM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
And explain to me how taxing the rich does any better.
In fact the rich already pay the bulk of the taxes.

You really think taxing the rich more will help? it wont.
reason being that they will simply offset any increace by raising the prices of their products orrr in cutting the costs of their labor.
As a buisness man myself I can tell you that ANY time my costs go up. Be it because of Material, Gas, food,or yes, Taxes. I raise my prices to offset the difference. My profit margin is not going to change period  because of my rising costs. I will simply charge you more to offset them and then some. and I will either layoff or simply not hire more people.

And if the situation gets too taxing, a smart businessman like yoruself moves his operation to Mexico or India..

Does this help or hinder the economy?

I think we all know the answer.