Author Topic: Saitek X45  (Read 1575 times)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Part numbers
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 05:56:13 PM »
I have looked everywhere for the replacement tactile switch but cant find it...What is the part number for the correct replacement switch. I removed one and soldered in a switch with a shorter shaft and it was too short to engage with the hat. It will be a life saver if you can get me that part number...Thanks, Kev
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2004, 02:26:22 PM »
I don't remember ,I'll try to find you the reference by monday.

(if I forget , punt this thread tuesday ;))

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2004, 02:37:26 PM »
is the switch the little push button thingy?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2004, 03:09:06 PM »
I'm not sure to understand Eagler, for all external button the user can press there is a microswitch.
the pinky boutton got one like the detent the A and B button etc ...

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2004, 03:46:02 PM »
Eagler,

The switch is what Straffo has circled in the second picture. For each hat there is a series of 4 Tactile switches black in color. They are all in a plastic aperature that holds them near contact with the hat post. I have asked Saitek for an IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) so I can order the switches, however they refuse to give it to me. I have found replacements from dealers but can only order them in quantities of 1000 or more. You will need some soldering skills to replace these.

Here is a link to some simular switches. Items number 19 and 20 are simular but not the exact replacement parts.

http://www.ittcannon.com/products/products.asp?pid=1022&cf=pl

Kevin

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2004, 04:15:46 PM »
have you tried a radio shack?

are they the same in an old analog X36 stick as they are in your stick?

I have one I'd be gald to help if I can
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2004, 05:41:05 PM »
These are very common but specialized parts. I dont have access to an x36 and not sure they would work. I have checked Radio Shack and several electronics distributiors in my area and none have them in stock, or even carry them for that matter.

I was hoping to find an online source for these parts so I could post a how to "at your own risk" replace these switches.  

I ordered the number 19 switches from an ITT distributor and found they were incorrect, I straightend two of the posts and cut the other side. Then I installed, fit was perfect, but the button shaft is just a bit too short to make contact with the hat.  

At only $.07 each its a much better alternative than shipping it off to get repaired everytime one of these switches go bad. All I need is a good distributor and we will be GTG.

Kevin

Offline AKCasca

• Copper Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2004, 09:09:56 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Beware of the hat ...

I started the surgery ...

Your a brave man Straffo  :)
I have a cougar stick opened up like that, be durned if I can stuff all the innards back in again.
So I went and bought a X45.  works well even if the springs seem somewhat wimpy.

I do have a question about the Saitek that maybe someone can help with. I downloaded the drivers for the X45 off the website and installed before hooking the joystick up. Using in game mapping it works well, but where do you find the software to utilize the rotaries,rockers etc?  SGE v3 only recognizes .psi and someother kind of file (duu)  but I see peoples posted setups as .dat?

tia

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2004, 09:37:17 AM »
Depending on the current state of your Cougar and if you can provide some picts ,there is possibly a way to make it work again :)

Concerning the X45 there is several choices of drivers:

-Stock microsoft windows drivers
Pro  : it work
Con : no programability

-Saitek SGE
Don't work with NT 2K XP and not anymore supported by Saitek.

-Saitek SST driver (
win9X : http://ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/SD_Win9X_3_2_0_18master.exe
win NT 2K XP : http://ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/SD_WinNT_3_2_0_18master.exe

Pro  : it work
Con :  not as programmable as the Dhauzimmer's driver

To convert a .psi file to the new .dat  format  right click on the .psi file there should be a menu entry to convert
next put the .dat file in something like C:\Program Files\Saitek\Software

Don't take my words as definitive on this subject I don't use the SST myself anymore.

-Dhauzimmer's drivers not supported at all :)
more programmable than the saitek driver read a discution
here

Pro : you can program more freely your stick and axis, not like a Cougar or a Ch stick but more than with Saitek driver ...

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Straffo
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2004, 02:12:21 AM »
I don't remember ,I'll try to find you the reference by monday. if I forget ,  punt this thread tuesday

Punt

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2004, 02:50:43 AM »
dohhh ... I forgot :(

I'll search it ASAP ,I just need to go to the other building at work expect an answer in 45mins :)

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2004, 03:40:50 AM »
I've seen the guy who got the micro-contact he doesn't remember the part number :(

He promised to give me the answer today ,I know him ... and I don't trust him :) so I'll jump on him tomorow again

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2004, 08:48:56 AM »
The scumbag is now in vacation for 2 weeks !

I was right this guy is a pain , btw I got the brand : it's an Apem product http://www.apem.com and his collegue say he would search the ref for me ,stay tuned :)

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2004, 08:59:36 AM »
Thanks for all the effort, I have found a part that will work the problem is finding a source to get them in quantitys less than 1000. Nobody seems to want to sell them in small numbers (20-30), must not be cost effective. If your guy gets the part number can he also tell me of the source? Thanks again!

Kev

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2004, 09:00:43 AM »
Wow your research is faster than I can post...Thanks!