Author Topic: $29.95 for a Beta Program?  (Read 2787 times)

Offline lasse

• Copper Member
      • Lassenet
$29.95 for a Beta Program?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2000, 10:14:00 AM »
I`ve been here since the beta days too.
I have paid since the first payable day too.

But lately, in fact the last 3 months I have not been playing AH at all.

And, yes I considered quitting my account, after all, why pay nearly 30 bucks a month on a game I never play anymore.

I only wanted to wait to check out 1.05 before I quitted.

Now 1.05 is here, and I have to say, I am really happy that I didn't quit, if I had done that, I would really regret that now.
AH has never been this good before, and now it is really fun to play, 1.05 was way better than I ever hoped for.
It was an unbelievable change to the game, or as I saw in another post, it ain't the same game anymore, and that is true.
Those few bugs there is, are getting squished promte by the HTC crew, so that ain't even an issue.

"I even considered quitting here and reopen my WB account, boy am I happy I just waited another day before I did it".

Now with 1.05 AH is anything WB ever was, and you can add 300% to that in fun and quality.

Pyro, are you sure you are riding Hitechcreations at stall speed, are you sure that you cant squish some 10% more power out of it ?      

------------------

The Wild Vikings
Commanding Officer
lasse-

[This message has been edited by lasse (edited 12-29-2000).]
You smell that? Do you smell that?
Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, smelled like victory.

SkViper

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2000, 10:59:00 AM »

Originally posted by Eagler:
And paying $89 for an OS full of bugs is ok?

Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

Looks like a $29.95 whine in disguise..

Eagler

Sorry, I don't have any bugs in my OS that I can see, and I have gotten over a year's use for less that $69.

This is not a whine in disguise.

SkViper

SkViper

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2000, 11:16:00 AM »
Well, I guess I am on the minority side of the fence.
As it true of lots of things in my life.
I just get sick of paying out my bellybutton for toejam that breaks down under me.

But Americans and others seem to have a difference of oppinion from mine. The oppinion that seems to say if you say something is wrong, then you are wrong.

And to not like paying for something that doesn't give satisfaction is not acceptable either?

This mentality as a whole leads America to build cars, houses, software etc. that ain't worth a toejam and still pay out the bellybutton for it.

It's too bad that we have to rush so hard into everything and can't take an extra week to make sure it's going to work before it sells.

And Eagler; I started and ended with notes about game play.  I have and will continue to support any price as long as it fits the game play. BUT 1.05 does not.

SkViper

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2000, 11:19:00 AM »
now you are slammin anything American built?

don't let the door hit u in the arse on the way out

cu

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2000, 12:07:00 PM »
Well, skViper, up until that last rant you dispelled at us, I felt your complaint had a smidgen of credibility.

Perhaps you can pitch in with Alec Baldwin and Cher...they vowed to move to France if George Bush won the election.  So, if you also dislike the good ole USA so much, pack it up.  I take offense to what you wrote, as someone that works in the software industry...and as someone who owns an American car that works fine  

How's your foot taste?  Good?  Its pretty deep into your mouth, I'd say.  

Paul

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
Westy you need calm down mate.I was trying to let htc know my feelings about the pricing business. This is peoples opinions not, as you put it "the exaggerated bulllovely whiney crap".
its posts like yours that makes people get angry.skyviper and others are voicing concerns which is the whole point of bulletin boards...you know discuss things?
get replies etc?
if like you say you think this is whineing well dont bother reading them.My post was aimed at the HTC crew and i tried to let them know without losing sight of the fact that i love the game,your opinion isnt important to me personally same as mine isnt to you.You calling me and others roadkillting whiners makes me quite angry.I pay the same as you...oh hold on maybe i dont   (that was a joke)
calling anyone who asks questions whiners and roadkillters etc is childish and plain dumb and to be honest im getting sick of seeing this sort of retort.
I gather you think the price is fine as it is and i suspect you have played WB or similar in the past so you consider this game very much cheaper? I however have never payed more than £30-35 for a game so when i pay $29.99 every month (£21.74) I consider it an expensive vice for me.Am i whineing? or simply letting HTC know how i see it from my perspective?
In fact this is a form of survey that htc dont need to offer discounts for right?

hazed

eskimo

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2000, 12:44:00 PM »
Are more people playing more often now that 1.05 is out?

It seems so.
I wonder why?

Maybe they are having more fun in spite of a few bugs.

eskimo

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2000, 12:45:00 PM »
Viper,

Read up a little on HTC.  Read up a little bit on how much 2 T1 lines cost.  Read up on how much it costs to lease office space in the Dallas-FW area.  Do a little math.  The price of the game is there for a reason.

Now, its entirely up to you to decide if this game merrits your $29.95 a month.  If it doesn't, don't pay/play.  If it does.. then by all means stay and play.  Nobody will argue with that decision.

However, when you come in here and insult the product and then demand they lower the price.. you are going to get feedback.  You see, that is displaying a bad attitude.  As much as you might like to believe it is the rest of us Americans that are wrong... it may be time to look in a mirror.

AKDejaVu

Offline LaVa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2000, 12:46:00 PM »
premium price for a premium product!

I think fatty but it on prospective;  People dont mind paying 30 bucks a month as long as the product is being developed.

I am with fatty, If HT went cold and did nothing but watch the money come in then people would walk.

As for the bugs: good grief, just be glad your here and HT lets us play through them.

LaVa VMF-111

SkViper

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2000, 12:57:00 PM »

Originally posted by LePaul:
So, if you also dislike the good ole USA so much, pack it up.  I take offense to what you wrote, as someone that works in the software industry...and as someone who owns an American car that works fine    

How's your foot taste?  Good?  Its pretty deep into your mouth, I'd say.  

Paul

Actually, My foot is firmly on the ground, and my comments about the USA are referring to the fact that we are no longer the "Good Ole" part of your statement!

I work in the US Automotive industry and I hope you survive in your Auto if you get into a crash.
Do you realize how many of the parts on any 1 car are out of spec?
Do you realize how many of these specs that are out of tolerance are safety features that your life depends on?
Well, I do!  I am currently unemployed because I would not let a GM factory use parts that were out of spec.
Why would I do this? Because in the "Good Ole USA," we look out for each other and I try to make sure that what you drive is safe and reliable.

Prior to getting into the Auto Industry, I worked in Electronics manufacturing.  There was an incident in which "Black Oxide," a copper corrosion, was showing up on several Mother Boards for a Name Brand computer.  Of 2,000,000 board produced we had nearly 10,000 returns. People lost their bellybutton using these computers that fail on them at critical points.  Did anyone do anything about it?  Hell yes, they fired me for asking them to fix it. Better to let you the consumer eat the cost than to give you something that works.

Trust me, my loyalty to America is not dead!
I served my country as a member of the U.S. Navy, and continue to try to do so in my public life.

I have supported HTC since the begining and even brought them customers.
All I am asking for is a little return fairness.

If you don't like my opinion, so be it. But I think I have a right.

SkViper

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
Hmmmm... I've never been fired from a job.  I've never allowed something out of spec for one second where I work.  Curious.

Despite the fact that I am only a relatively uneducated (Only 2 years of college) soul amoungst a horde of PhDs... I am the one the contractors rely on to get things done right.  It is because they know exactly what to expect when working with me.  I rely on people to be professional and accept that some know more about their job than I know about their job.  I rely on that expertise on a daily basis.  I thank them for bringing that expertise to the job.  I notice the days they forget to bring it and I talk with them about it... asking them not to let it happen again... always in private.  I don't belittle anyone that works for me in public.  I don't berate their work to anyone.

I work with other people that are in a constant battle with the union employees/contractors.  They spend all day telling me what a bunch of good-for-nothing lazy group of uneducated so-and-sos they are... that's why their projects are always late.  Makes me wonder why mine are always on time.

When I see something unsafe going on, I present it in a manner that gets resolution.  I ask the right people questions in order to get the correct answers.  I present the findings to the right people in a manner that enables their decision making process to be quite simple.  I've never had a problem.  I've never been fired.

I can't help but think that in your situation... it isn't the rest of the world that is at fault.

AKDejaVu

SkViper

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2000, 01:30:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
I can't help but think that in your situation... it isn't the rest of the world that is at fault.

AKDejaVu

Thanks for the vote of confidence <sarcastic eye>, but you obviously don't manage a Firestone factory where people were fired for trying to tell their supervisors just such a thing.

If you can get your employees and your bosses to work in a NON-Firestone fasion, then I thank you and wish you the best.
In the mean while, the rest of the world is not as understanding as you and they do fire people because they ask that things be done right.

Sorry to have bothered anyone, I will shut the hell up and hope that someone will still fly with me in AH.

SkViper

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2000, 01:33:00 PM »
Ok viper.. I see how it is.  You have to use other people's situation to justify yours?  Yours didn't necessarily pertain.. now did it?  Or were those on-board computers you were reffering to some part of the Firestone situation?

Resorting to an extreme to prove your point doesn't really prove your point.

AKDejaVu

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2000, 01:51:00 PM »
 They told us they were keeping the arena simple, to keep the FR up around the boats. Then they told us we would need a few more megs of video card. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where this was going. They will fix it they always do.

As the proud owner of a free,8 player, H2H game (and this is the real deal. Not a dumbed down version) I find posts implying that HTC is greedy, absurd. They are not cutting out the poor guy that, for what ever reason, doesn't  have the bread. He gets to play too. and that's with a free DL. Name me another sim that does that.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 12-29-2000).]

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2000, 02:41:00 PM »
SkViper

If you were fired from the two firms for the reasons you stated, you'll be rich enough to create your own flight sim once the lawyers get done with them.

Don't forget us suffering though this one when you do  

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder