Author Topic: Serious this time: HTC needs to promote AH downunder!  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Serious this time: HTC needs to promote AH downunder!
« on: November 14, 2000, 10:43:00 PM »
I normally are on in that lull, where all the yanks are asleep and all the euro's are at work. So there is a very small number of people on when im on. Mainly Aussies, some kiwis, a few Asian countries, and insomniac americans, or jobless europeans.

Its very common to have only 14-20 players during the stretch when im normally on  

Now it seems to me that between Aussie and NZ there are some 20 Million people. Not a small population. It must be worth advertising down under to boost players in our timezone. Local magazines, local web sites, ISPs etc.

I'll shuddup by quoting someone who was on last night who is on a 2 weeker:
"I ain't payin $30 US a month to fight 14 people"

PS I dont want to argue marketing again  
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

AKSeaWulfe

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2000, 06:29:00 AM »
We can take advertising in our respective countries on our own. Don't need HTC's permissions. Start webrings, create multiple websites describing the adrenaline rushing, joystick slamming, temper flaring game that Aces High is. In the US the only way we find out about AH is via this webpage or the few squad pages available. Link it to Yahoo under "WWII airplanes" or "WWII models" or anything WWII. Anyone searching for info on WWII airplanes would find Aces High links and would be bound to check it out.]

Of course this is just my unjustified opinion. ;-)
-SW

washout

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2000, 04:42:00 PM »

Originally posted by Spatula:
I normally are on in that lull, where all the yanks are asleep and all the euro's are at work. So there is a very small number of people on when im on. Mainly Aussies, some kiwis, a few Asian countries, and insomniac americans, or jobless europeans.

Its very common to have only 14-20 players during the stretch when im normally on  

Spatula,

I'm in the same boat as you Spatula as I live in Ozland.  I would love to see more people on at nighttime in Oz, btw also like to see lower rate for Oz too (US$30 is AUS$60 atm  ), that would probably get more people on.

Other option: Log on before work.  Yeah I know it means getting up early but at 6am Sydney time there are usually about 50-60 people online.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2000, 07:12:00 PM »
Yeah HT Kiwis should get it cheap just coz we kicked the Frogs butts in the Rugby. And anyone who kicks Frog-butt is good  

As for the aussies, I think they'd make great drones (ya ever heard one talk?).

Hey Spatula looks like our ping times gonna get down under 800ms now they have a new gerbil on the NZ Gateway.

-rkat-

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2000, 08:08:00 PM »
Spatula,

There are more of us that get online (another sim) than you think......

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~peril/wbraaf

Note - I'm not trying to promote another sim here - just outlining that there is more interest downunder than a lot of people think.

Rodney

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2000, 04:26:00 AM »
Definately lotsa interest down here.

Things stopping me personally from signing on are:

Woeful Aussie$
Lag  
Lack of people at "respectable" hours.

Aussie's make good drones Vulcan? I guess we're allowed to after winning the Rugby and Cricket world cups, League (not that that counts for much   ), Netball, Hockey, Olympics etc. etc. etc., so na na na na naah! :Þ !!!

(you guys do have Warbirds over Wanaka though...   )

Cheers,

Rod

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2000, 04:48:00 AM »
Heya Spat..

Well, I've had to weigh up my other interests (golf of all things, and others) against AH.  Unfortunately my other interests have outweighed AH and one of the main reasons is the numbers in the arenas.  One of the other reasons of course is the price.  For what we pay for it, I just couldn't justify it anymore - at our current exchange rates.

Hope you and/or others continue the rallying though and maybe one day I might be back.

Ex.

Offline Snoopi

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
Waaaa Waaaa they would get more server power per user at a lower rate...  Waaa Waaaa...
Snifff BoooooHOooooooo    

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2000, 02:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by Rodney:
Aussie's make good drones Vulcan? I guess we're allowed to after winning the Rugby and Cricket world cups, League (not that that counts for much   ), Netball, Hockey, Olympics etc. etc. etc., so na na na na naah! :Þ !!!

I rest my case...

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2000, 05:36:00 AM »
Spat they should send me all expense paid to Downunda, I'd promte it until I got arrested and deported.

[This message has been edited by Torque (edited 11-17-2000).]

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2000, 05:47:00 PM »
Yeah its interesting isn't it?  In AH during Aussie evenings, we're lucky to get 20 online ... and this is for the 'newest, whiz-bang WW2 flight game on the market'.

Warbirds, with old graphics code, even older FM code etc, regularly draws 40-50 at the same time, and that's just in the WW2 arena!

Having spent the last week flying WB WW2 arena instead of AH ... I think I can understand why it has the larger following.

Now if only someone can come up with the best of both AH and WB - he'd really be on a winner  

AH Graphics
WB Gunnery
WB Arenas and events
WB planeset
AH 1.03 Flight Model
AH Extras (drop tanks - vehicles etc)

------------------
C.O. Phoenix Squadron
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/phoenix
Aces High Training Corps

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2000, 06:27:00 PM »

Originally posted by Jekyll:
AH Graphics
WB Gunnery
WB Arenas and events
WB planeset
AH 1.03 Flight Model
AH Extras (drop tanks - vehicles etc)

What, pray tell, is better about the WB Gunnery Model and the AH 1.03 Flight Model than what we have now in AH?

Thanks.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »
Karnak.. are you serious????????

Offline Jekyll

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2000, 06:54:00 PM »
You gotta remember Vulcan is a New Zealander guys, and is probably still a little miffed that the only Olympic Gold Medal NZ received was for rowing.

How appropriate ... NZ wins a medal in an event where the contestants sit on their arse and go backwards  

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2000, 07:20:00 PM »
Jekyll,
Yes, I am serious.

I am not familiar with the current WB Gunnery Model so I am curious about what is better about it.  The one they had when I was plying WB wasn't nearly as good as the one we have now in AH.

As far as the AH 1.03 Flight Model, the spins (and maybe the torque) are the only things that were better.
It was demonstrated that turns were bleeding way to much energy in pre-1.04.  That has been fixed.  If you liked it better then that is just part of us each being entitled to our own opinions.

Sisu
-Karnak
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-