Author Topic: Define your name  (Read 4527 times)

storch

Define your name
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2004, 08:01:51 AM »
fiesler storch, WWII German liason bird.  one of which I hope to build either from a kit (slepcev's) or from plans.  as soon as time allows.

Offline strk

• Nickel Member
Define your name
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2004, 08:05:35 AM »
my sig story is about as stupid as they come.

I discovered AW on AOL in 95 or 96 and I was realy eager to try it out.  I had used the name "Striker" in homage to the airport movie in a wing commander game  -

I figured I could change it later if something better occured to me so I tried to enter it in AW and found you could only do 5 letters.

strkr was taken so I took off the last r - strk.  My name has been all over kill boards ever since!

Soon I got hooked up in my elite squad of fear inducing bad tulips - 52nd (KIWI) F/B so I never wanted to change it.  We have been flying together since 96.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2004, 08:24:50 AM »
Schadenfreude...google it and see.....

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2004, 09:13:55 AM »
Mine is a completely random order character set.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Define your name
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2004, 09:23:37 AM »
The movie  Repo Man

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2004, 09:30:05 AM »
YOU DIE!!! :mad:

damn illiterate bastiges!

Offline MwXX

• Copper Member
Define your name
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2004, 09:38:27 AM »
Hmm, it is actually DbleX, mw was from most wanted when I first got to AH, Got DbleX from 16 years of playing football..., Forever and a day when I was asked sizes, "double X please" always special ordered, always pain in prettythang...LOL:lol

Offline loser

• Silver Member
Define your name
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2004, 09:38:45 AM »
I think it involved a large volume of beer, but I cant remember. I always meant to change my handle, but being lazy I didnt get around to it. The handle kinda grew on me so it stuck.

Plus I seem to be a popular guy as someone on channel 1 always seems to be talking about me... hmm.. go figure.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Define your name
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2004, 09:48:02 AM »
Curval (or more properly President de Curval) was chosen because only a few utterly debaucherous individuals would ever understand it.

"The President de Curval was a pillar of society; almost 60 years of age, and worn by debauchery to a singular degree, he offered the eye not much more than a skeleton. He was tall, he was dry, thin, and had two lusterless eyes, a livid and unwholesome mouth, a prominent chin, a long nose. Hairy as a satyr, flat backed, with slack drooping buttocks that rather resembled a pair of dirty rags flapping upon his upper thighs; the skin of those buttocks was, thanks to whipstrokes, so deadened and toughened that you could seize up a handful and knead it without him feeling a thing. In the centre of it all there was displayed - no need to spread those cheeks - an immense orfice whose enormous diameter, odour, and colour bore a resemblance to the depths of a well-freighted privy than to an prettythanghole; and crowning touch to these allurements, there was numbered among this sodomizing pig's little idiosyncrasies that of always leaving this particular part of himself in such a state of uncleanliness that one was at all times able to observe there was a rim or pad a good two inches thick."

- Marquis de Sade

"The 120 Days of Sodom & Other Writings".

I was lent the book and couldn't think of anything funny witty or cool...so I chose gross instead.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Define your name
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 09:48:12 AM »
Got tagged with the nick name in high school.  Later, while at Tandy, I did a proposal for an intelligent SCSI host adapter.  Tandy was not interested in doing it.
Sought out this little company looking to get Tandy's business named Adaptec.  Sold them on the idea, provided them with the design.  Got Tandy to buy it, got SCO to natively support it and then went to work for Adaptec.
The nick was resurrected at Adaptec.  I figured if it was going to keep following me around I might as well adopt it.

It was the AHA-1540 adapter.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2004, 09:59:44 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

So it's not supposed to sound gay ?

imagine a 200 pixel height :p smilley here

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Define your name
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2004, 10:04:54 AM »
back in high school, I knew I didn't have the money to go to college, so my only real goal was getting the diploma.

I did well on the tests (both performance and aptitude), but unless the class interested me I did just enough to get by.  

so I ended up with things like A+ in math, computer sciences, some of the other science classes(the ones with labs not lectures), the history classes where the teachers focused more on what happened and why (did low d's if the teacher focused on memorizing names and dates).

I missed the maximum number of days every semester but never so many that I'd loose credit,  never missed days when I was sick either, mostly burned them up at the lake, with a few friends and a couple girls.

anyway, this guidance counselor tries to motivate me and let me know how important these grades are (ya before hiring any welder they always want to make sure he had A's in minority studies or some such crap)

anyway he goes on and on for quite a while before he notices my eyes are kinda glassing over.  at that point he kinda losses it and starts screaming a bit  "do you not know how important this is?  or do you just not care? so which is it? whats your problem ignorance or apathy?"

"I don't know and I don't care.  what do you think?"

so he gives up and sends me back to class.  on the way out he tells the secretary "Mr Apathy needs a pass back to class"

so that kind of stuck but after a couple weeks a friend of mine said it wasn't quite right.  he says " you go beyond the normal levels of apathy.  kind of like a super-hero, like captain America, so how about 'captain apathy'?- all the powers of the other super-hero's, he just don't care enough to use them"

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Define your name
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2004, 10:06:45 AM »
Originally posted by Udie

"You Die?" I always thought it was pronounced "Euw-dee",  and was some Texas cracker name common in trailer parks.

I found AW in 95-96 on AOL, and at first I shot my own teammates, bombed my own bases and flew off the edge of the map. Plus I spammed Ch1 with cries of "Glans is a potato peeler!" whenever he was up.

One time I upped a Spit, shot down two Buff teammates and lawn darted into the ground. While the Buff guys were cussing me out someone else said "What do u expect? That guy is an airhead"- so I changed my CPID to Airhd and went on to become the best, most beloved and most humble AW pilot EVAR.

And the longer it's been the better I was.:aok

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Define your name
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2004, 10:13:18 AM »
No more gaping stuff on the FDB boards please SOB. Nash remembers the jist of it, but the story may be have to retold, as it leaves out key details, but I hope not.

What is more interesting to me is how people in AH have murdered the callsigns of members; well just misunderstood them of sorts, by not reading them right or by being lazy,  or just  not getting it. I don't get any of the Funky verbage that is some internet language like whatever he uses for owned which adds a "P" or something.

I as well of alot other always thought that "Udie", was "Oody." That is the most classic example.

I'd have to look at all the FDB's newer members as some make zero sense to me and would be interested to see what they mean, rather than what I mentally call them. For instance, in this thread, when I see a non-FDB name like "Schadenfreude", I think without trying to read into it, pronounced -"Stefen-rude". Makes no sense I know.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 10:15:41 AM by Creamo »

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Define your name
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2004, 10:15:21 AM »
Main Entry: six·pence
Pronunciation: 'siks-p&n(t)s, US also -"pen(t)s
Function: noun
1 : a former British monetary unit equal to six pennies
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)