Author Topic: Define your name  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2004, 10:16:04 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
YOU DIE!!! :mad:

damn illiterate bastiges!

Like many, I always read it as OOOH DEEEE.

:)
sand

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
Define your name
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2004, 10:19:43 AM »
Kinda like Opie, only with a Ud.

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Define your name
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2004, 10:20:41 AM »
Flossy - nope nothing to do with dental hygiene or sheep!  :D

When I first started in AW nearly 6 years ago ( :eek: ) my husband was already playing with the name of  Zeb - short for Zebedee.  Zebedee was a character from a 70s cartoon series,  The Magic Roundabout, who bounced in (lower half of body was a huge spring) at the end of each 5-minute episode to announce that it was "Time for Bed".  The reason he chose that name was apparently two-fold;  one because he kept 'bouncing back' to AW (had previously played as Rusty) and also because of the way he would land his favourite ride - the P38 - bouncing all the way down the runway.  :)

When I started AW, I wanted something associated with Zebedee, and looked at the other Magic Roundabout characters.... I didn't fancy being Ermintrude, being the name of a cow!  so I opted for Florence.  To bring it within the 5 character limit at AW, I tried for Floss (didn't want to be Flo), but that was taken, so dropped the last 's' and Flos was born.  :aok

Over time, I started putting my handle as Flossy rather than Florence as people kept asking me if I was named after the Italian city!  Besides, I thought Flossy sounded a bit more feminine.  By the time I came to AH, Flossy was may name of choice and I stuck with that, with the alternative of SKFlossy used for my second account.  (SK=SkyKnights)   :D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 10:28:56 AM by Flossy »
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline frank3

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2004, 10:21:17 AM »
<---- It's just my name :)

I couldn't get just frank, so I started with frank333, I lost that account some 4 years ago, so I rejoined as frank33, after loosing that one too I got stuck with frank3. Not intending to loose this one also :rolleyes:

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
Define your name
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2004, 10:21:31 AM »
From when i met George Lowe(voice of space ghost on space ghost coast to coast.). Asked for an autograph but instead he drew a little cartoon of an icepic named stabby the talking ice pic.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Define your name
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2004, 10:22:47 AM »
well about 3 years ago in my first online game i used it cause i liked the sound
its the name of the baddies in a commander keen game...and funnily enough i ran into a cmdrkeen once...so we had a good chuckle and went our seperate ways...until i bumped into him again in americas army...bastard killed me 10 times...and only 1 involved stunning my by jumping on my head

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2004, 10:25:34 AM »
My maternal grand-father, a former sharecropper and one of the finest, kindest, most considerate men I have ever known, used the term "shuckins" whenever he heard something that was unusual  or amusing.

His family was descended from Huguenots who fled France because of Catholic persecution.  His last name was Lagrone.  Country-folk in these parts pronounce it "Leggern."

Regards, Shuckins/Leggern

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2004, 10:32:20 AM »
I was on the wrestling team in high school.  Our coach gave everyone a nick names like "the hammer" "drop kick" etc.  I was "crusher" because of my size not my ability hehe.  Anyhow it migrated to Krusher when I started gaming because others already had Crusher.

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
Define your name
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 10:33:40 AM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
Got tagged with the nick name in high school.  Later, while at Tandy, I did a proposal for an intelligent SCSI host adapter.  Tandy was not interested in doing it.
Sought out this little company looking to get Tandy's business named Adaptec.  Sold them on the idea, provided them with the design.  Got Tandy to buy it, got SCO to natively support it and then went to work for Adaptec.
The nick was resurrected at Adaptec.  I figured if it was going to keep following me around I might as well adopt it.

It was the AHA-1540 adapter.

Hey I used to work for Tandy back in the mid 90's

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Define your name
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 10:37:11 AM »
Originally posted by Krusher
I was on the wrestling team in high school.  Our coach gave everyone a nick names like "the hammer" "drop kick" etc.  I was "crusher" because of my size not my ability hehe.  Anyhow it migrated to Krusher when I started gaming because others already had Crusher.
I always think of Wesley (or his mum, Beverly) from STNG.....    :rofl
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Define your name
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2004, 10:37:45 AM »
I was born and raised in Alaska and have always admired the natives.

eskimo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Define your name
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2004, 10:42:51 AM »
I wish I had something cool to explain mine but it was due to a lack of imagination and the need to get a handle quick that I used Diablo (a spanish word that I always thought sounded muy cool).  Then the TX for the obvious because I knew someone had already taken Diablo.  

*raises hand

I always thought it was "OOOO-dee" too but that was because I thought he was a huge Udet fan (as in fan of JG-3).  :)
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Define your name
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2004, 10:44:55 AM »
Well ok first one RC51 it was my favorite motorcycle I had to sell.:(

Mr black LOL dunno just pulled that one out of thin air.
59bassman name of a fender amp i want.
stratman I play a stratocaster guitar.
TXMX texas motocross.

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Define your name
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2004, 11:09:16 AM »
Weird, another good "Classic" example of callsigns you always see a diffrent name.  

-mrblackstratbassmantmx whatever, I always thought every post made conjured a  "Stripes" moniker via the movie; "The guys in my car club call me the "cruiser". OX:- Should have called him the dork!!"

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Define your name
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2004, 11:12:24 AM »
And not to entice him either Airhead, (Airhead never fit you but I could pronounce it so it don't matter), it just seemed right.