Author Topic: Any REAL pilots out there?  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Any REAL pilots out there?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 10:46:42 AM »
Creamo, you look older than I imagined but the grey hat does look pretty good on you. Looks like one of your jokes has your date gasping for breath, too.

Hate birds? Never! We worship them and hold an annual season of festivities that centers around their divine beings! The dogs are absolutely not allowed to maul them either. Chomping of the divine carcasses by canines is strictly prohibited and rigidly enforced. Proper dog work is rewarded at the evening feast by giving the worthy dogs select morsels of the god's own flesh. They are properly reverent and appreciative, I've found.

KC BBQ's are not by invitation either. If one makes the pilgrimage to BBQ's Mecca, one will undoubtedly be invited to share in the rituals. However, one must make the pilgrimage of his own free will or the smoke will not waft over him.

Same with the sauce....... ask and you shall receive. I suggest a sampler of Heywards, Jack's Stack Regular, Gate's Regular & Spicy and an Arthur Bryant's to round it out. Check or Money Order only, actual freight charged. Check with Curval to see which he liked best. (BTW, shipping to BDA is incredible! The head of their Post Office probably has 150 Rolls Royces, like the Maharishi did.)

Hope this clears everything up.

Oh... wait. One more. Yes indeed, I am Beelzebub.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 10:55:38 AM »
Originally posted by crowMAW

Creamo...I thought LePaul gave up on the BD5 when he realized that building it in his basement was a bad idea since it was too big to fit up the stairs.  ;)

ROFL

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 11:51:29 AM »
Got my Private Pilot March 4, not going to commercial route but bring money...

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 01:32:51 PM »
CFII MEI - 10.5 years flying 23 years old - whats yr question?

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Heretik

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 02:12:16 PM »
Private Pilot here, far as I got before the money ran out.  Jumping back in sometime in the near future.

Words of wisdom: Bring lots of $$$, don't try and date your instructor.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 02:23:18 PM »
Originally posted by Heretik
Private Pilot here, far as I got before the money ran out.  Jumping back in sometime in the near future.

Words of wisdom: Bring lots of $$$, don't try and date your instructor.

Hey I did that - and she's still a *****.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
Basically just wonderin the steps that would be recommended by you for becomming a commercial pilot.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 03:38:48 PM »
Yucca, surprised you didn't asked me 2 days ago ... punk.

CFII, about 1400h flying hazmat in small Cessna 210, part 135 in CA.

I don't advize you to take this way, except if you have a real job:D
You will spend a lot of money for your licences, then have to get borred to death being a CFI from 260h to 1200h ... like 2 years making $1200/month. Then at 1200h, you will look for a 'real flying job". You may be lucky and get swaped in by an airline (a friend flying right seat beach 1900 for a commuter, making $1,100/month)... i hope you like living in a car.
Maybe you will find a guy that needs a right sittter in a corporate jet. IF you don't have to pay your own training, the guy will pay it for you but you will fly for free for the rest of the year, or you will just fit in from time to time.
or you fly PA28 with Ameriflight alike waking up at 5am till 9pm making ... you bet $1000 something a month.
Or you town baneers, borred to death cruising the beach at 30kts ground speed.

Or... be lucky and fly right seat of a Falson 20 with 500h total time and making $300.00/day of duty like my friend George, because his friend was the captain of this familly operated jet.

in a way, get your private, have fun, bring your chick in the week end to get laid, but don't expect a career.

:(
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 03:40:06 PM »
Frenchy - You gonna be in Chino on Saturday?

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2004, 03:55:29 PM »
Bottom line Yucca, there are no guranteed career path's in aviation. Like the rest of life, its a crap shoot - albiet an expensive one. To get all of your ratings expect to spend $30,000 - but if yr just your private, then $10,000 isn't unusual. But don't go into it expecting to be making $100,000 out the door - yr lucky to be pullign $12,000 a yr like Frenchy said - and in many cases MUCH MUCH less. Thats why pilots are so good at waiting tables to support ourselves.

Wolf
« Last Edit: May 10, 2004, 05:10:38 PM by Wolfala »

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2004, 04:36:15 PM »
MMMM thats not enough money for the zoloft prescription i'll need :lol

Frenchy you bastage give me your phone number so i can call your ***. :)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2004, 05:56:21 PM »
Yucca, I'd be glad to talk to you about the airline aspect of flying. I agree with what's been said here.

It is a crapshoot and it takes a lot of $ just to get in the game. Right now, the industry is sort of suxxoring as well. Not much hiring going on at the majors.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2004, 06:12:23 PM »
I just fly gliders. Most my time is in a Blanik L-13 and L-23. If your looking to just fly, gliding is the cheaper way to go. Its hard to make alot of money as glider instructer as well.

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »
Well toad ya got a email or a number i can reach ya at?

Offline mjolnir

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2004, 06:43:54 PM »
Gotta echo CrowMAW's advice, the cheapest way to get all the licenses you want is through the military, but you incur a 10 year committment from the time you finish pilot training.  Military wings + $75 for the written test will get you your commercial multi-engine instrument license.  Of course, no matter how much military time you log, it doesn't improve your status in the airline pecking order.  Day one, you're the new guy, and get paid and treated accordingly.