Author Topic: Beta 30 - Screen Freezes  (Read 1629 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 06:16:39 AM »
hmm....had the freezes in beta 29 when in close, haven't experienced any freeze yet in beta30 in close or at anytime, also haven't noticed any skin updates at all in beta 30, but was quite frequent in beta29
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mark McCoy

• Zinc Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2005, 08:52:53 PM »
Expereincing same problem.  After 2 or three lockups, it crashes.

Offline 214thCavalier

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2005, 01:00:23 PM »
McCoy did you not realise this thread is over a year old ?
Best to start a new thread and state your problem.

Offline Mark McCoy

• Zinc Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2005, 01:37:36 PM »
Ehh, same problem as above.. Better here that re-hash it all over again becuase I can't enjoy AH due to this problem.

Offline 6GunUSMC

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.fasteasynet.com
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2005, 04:19:47 PM »
if you had started a new thread someone may have started spouting about duplicate threads... you cant win here... I may have a solution though... do you by any chance have AOL 9.0 security edition installed on your machine?  You dont have to be running it, but the spyware zapper included is the culprit, it is known to cause these freezes, obviously you only notice this in action type games.  AOL has an updated version of the spyware zapper coming out soon, i just got the beta and it eliminated most of my freezes in AH. The other freezes are due to low FR caused by ground graphics.

PS:  Simply stopping the background processes for the AOL stuff will NOT fix this!

Offline Slot

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vfa25.org
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2005, 04:51:27 PM »
Same problem here. Game is pretty much unplayable. If there is not fix for it soon, I'm gona close my account.

Slot

Offline CMC Airboss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.cutthroats.com
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2005, 01:27:05 PM »
Interesting 6Gun.  Been getting screen freezes while attacking aircraft and GV's while they are firing back at me.  Some have led to complete and instantaneous reboots.  Will have to d/l the AOL security update beta to see if that fixes it.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2005, 02:05:42 PM »
Originally posted by Slot
Same problem here. Game is pretty much unplayable. If there is not fix for it soon, I'm gona close my account.

Slot

I love these posts.  

Trying hard to hold the smartass inside.

Have you tried sending a copy of your Direct X Diagnostic report to support@hitechcreations.com or even asked for help for your problem before?  Skuzzy is pretty good, and there are plenty of us willing to help out.  If you want to quit, quit.  Dont justify it to us.  If you want to figure out whats wrong with your 'puter and fix it so you can play, we'll be glad to help.  There's literally dozens of reasons for freezes, warps, CTDs, tearing, etc.  The DX Diagnostic is a logical place to start.

Offline StarOfAfrica2

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.vf-17.org
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2005, 02:12:50 PM »
And if I can make a suggestion guys.......

Just becasue the current problem is similar to the one posted here originally, that was a beta issue.  There is no game issue that will cause freezes that I am aware of.  Therefore what you are experiencing is a tech support issue, not a bug.  It's going to get alot more attention alot more quickly in the proper forum.  Just sayin.

Offline Slot

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.vfa25.org
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 03:13:37 PM »
I'm Glad that you held your smart bellybutton remarks.. Thanks.

As for what I have done and not done to resolve this problem, maybe I've allread sent error reports (which Have done btw)? I already installed the older drivers for my vid card as per AH's suggested fix. Maybe I don't ask you ( or others like you for ) for help because when I asked before I was told ALT-F4 was the answer. I seen a post that says that it's a problem with the AMD processor that causes this problem too. So, do not assume I have done nothing to try to fix this problem. I do think that it is odd that so many people have this problem. So, if you don't like my post i feel sorry for you. Futher, if you represent the company offically in any manor. I feel sorry for them.

Slot

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2005, 03:42:29 PM »
Originally posted by Slot
I'm Glad that you held your smart bellybutton remarks.. Thanks.

As for what I have done and not done to resolve this problem, maybe I've allread sent error reports (which Have done btw)? I already installed the older drivers for my vid card as per AH's suggested fix. Maybe I don't ask you ( or others like you for ) for help because when I asked before I was told ALT-F4 was the answer. I seen a post that says that it's a problem with the AMD processor that causes this problem too. So, do not assume I have done nothing to try to fix this problem. I do think that it is odd that so many people have this problem. So, if you don't like my post i feel sorry for you. Futher, if you represent the company offically in any manor. I feel sorry for them.

Slot

Slot, first off.

Star was not being a Smart Ass, Just smart. If you've spent any time on these boards or any time at all in the Tech Support forum you would have seen that his advice is very good. He does know what he's talking about. As an I.T. Professonal, believe me I don't hand that compliment out very often.

Second, It is NOT an bug in the program. If you search this board you will find that everyone who has experienced this and had it corrected found that it was an issue with their PC not the game coad(<-- and if you've read this board you'd get that reference also)

No one assumed you have not done anything other than post in the wrong forum replying to a very old post. Seeing as you start out the conversation with a threat to close your account what are we to ASSUME about you?

No he does not represent "the company", nor do I or the many other people on this BBS who will offer some very quality advice on a wide veriety of subjects relating to AH.

You can feel sorry for HTC all you want but as someone who has to deal with software companies on a daily basis I can tell you that AH is one fine piece of COAD backup by one fine group of people who care about their customers and fix real bugs quickly and effectively. I only wish the companies I have to deal with were 1/10th as good as HT and his staff.

So lighten up, post in the proper forum and accept the help of people who just might know a bit more about this situation than  you do. Or close your account and go away. Makes no difference to me.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2005, 08:51:23 PM »
So what are the micro freezes? I suspect its related to sound.

It comes in handy though, as it usually denotes an enemy is near even if out of sight. I also wonder if it could be mini world bounderies - i.e., the host breaks space up into mini worlds.

Need to experiment more...

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2005, 08:53:19 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
So what are the micro freezes? I suspect its related to sound.

It comes in handy though, as it usually denotes an enemy is near even if out of sight. I also wonder if it could be mini world bounderies - i.e., the host breaks space up into mini worlds.

Need to experiment more...

Sometimes you will experience these "mini" freezes when a new skin enter your area. You can prevent this by pre-loading skins if you have the RAM.

Offline BTW

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005, 10:20:21 AM »
I've disabled plane skins and I still get it.

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
Beta 30 - Screen Freezes
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2005, 11:10:11 AM »
Originally posted by BTW
I've disabled plane skins and I still get it.

Preload textures. Other than that go through the optimization process on your PC.