Author Topic: Rumsfeld bans cameras in Irak-prisons.  (Read 1410 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Rumsfeld bans cameras in Irak-prisons.
« on: May 23, 2004, 12:11:19 PM »
Way to go!

Problem Solved!

:rolleyes:
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 12:13:48 PM »
It's about time.  You'd think that rule would be a no brainer anyway.

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:39:23 PM »
Why ban cameras? After all they got nothing to hide in those prisoners?

:aok

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 01:10:13 PM »
this whole prison abuse thing is a complete bunch of rediculousness.  Cripes, a couple of bad apples act like the savages they are guarding, and the whole US Army is suddenly bad?  I think not...  seems to me, CNN must really want the demos in next election, because this seems to be the ace in the whole....

Wonder how many more US troops will be killed because the whole of the Arab world thinks all US troops are bad because of the actions of a few savages....

Thankfully, there will be a judgement day for all... they can explain their actions then.  :eek:
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 01:18:01 PM »
Originally posted by Staga
Why ban cameras? After all they got nothing to hide in those prisoners?

Why? Because all of the sissy punk reporters along with the public wont sit down and stfu and let our troops do their jobs. These aren't school teachers in those prisons. They are rapists, looters, theives, scum of the earth. My composure would last a total of 5 seconds if in the same room with this trash.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 01:19:51 PM »
These aren't school teachers in those prisons. They are rapists, looters, theives, scum of the earth.

You are talking about the prison guards now i guess?
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline stiehl

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2004, 01:22:59 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Why? Because all of the sissy punk reporters along with the public wont sit down and stfu and let our troops do their jobs. These aren't school teachers in those prisons. They are rapists, looters, theives, scum of the earth. My composure would last a total of 5 seconds if in the same room with this trash.

If so, why were most of them eventually set free? Were any of them given a trial? But to some people, none of that matters because they're just sand******s, right?

Offline SoulzofAW3

• Zinc Member
Re: Rumsfeld bans cameras in Irak-prisons.
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 01:23:21 PM »
My 6 year-old nephew said that 2 days after the original prison pictures came out.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2004, 02:18:34 PM »
This should have been SOP from the begining.  I dont think regular prisons allow the guards to bring in cameras.  I know I cant walk out onto the flight line that I work at and start snapping pics of airplanes.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2004, 02:45:02 PM »
Suprised Rumsfield still has a job.

...-Gixer

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2004, 02:45:52 PM »
they're just sand******s, right?

You said that not me.

There is no need to bring race issues into the argument. Not with me.

Scum is scum.

People need to grow a pair or look the other way and let the troops do their jobs.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2004, 02:53:40 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

first "their jobs" do not entail abusing prisoners

second, some may in fact be school teachers, last figure I heard 90% ended up being released, there have been virtually no trials for these inmates.  by our standards (and thats what I'd expect our men to conform too) all of these untried inmates are to be considered Innocent.

and lastly, banning cameras to solve this problem makes as much sense as getting bigger speakers and a new amp for your car, to fix that knocking noise coming from your engine.

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2004, 04:05:18 PM »
It was more then a couple bad apples, and it was not abuse but torture. No one said it was the entire US army, but we question why it was allowed to go on for so long.

Banning cameras means you have something to hide. I love how Rumsfeld stated he takes full responsibility, but when it comes to the negitive concequences he *****s out. And only after the media makes it a big deal out of it.

Way to bring back accountability to the White House.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2004, 04:36:24 PM »
Originally posted by StabbyTheIcePic
It was more then a couple bad apples, and it was not abuse but torture. No one said it was the entire US army, but we question why it was allowed to go on for so long.

Banning cameras means you have something to hide. I love how Rumsfeld stated he takes full responsibility, but when it comes to the negitive concequences he *****s out. And only after the media makes it a big deal out of it.

Way to bring back accountability to the White House.

Stabby the military does not allow cameras in most sensative areas.  This should have been SOP from the begining.  Is anyone here a prison guard?  I'm willing to bet that most prisons have a ban on cameras in the blocks themselves.  

Just cause they are not allowing cameras in the prisons does not automatically mean they are trying to hide somthing.

I love how Rumsfeld stated he takes full responsibility, but when it comes to the negitive concequences he *****s out

yea kinda like janet reno of the last administration.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2004, 04:39:38 PM by Gunslinger »

Offline StabbyTheIcePic

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2004, 04:38:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger
Stabby the military does not allow cameras in most sensative areas.  This should have been SOP from the begining.  Is anyone here a prison guard?  I'm willing to bet that most prisons have a ban on cameras in the blocks themselves.  

Just cause they are not allowing cameras in the prisons does not automatically mean they are trying to hide somthing.

Yea, just a reactionary statement on my part. People will still smuggle them in anyways. When you can fit them on your keychain what are you going to do?