Author Topic: AH2 Engine  (Read 2713 times)

Offline diegocn

• Zinc Member
AH2 Engine
« on: May 25, 2004, 01:02:04 AM »
The 3d engine of ah2 is the same of ah1???
I wait that not :mad:

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 02:02:53 AM »
ME TARZAN U JANE:rofl

Offline diegocn

• Zinc Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 02:06:43 AM »
SORRY I DONT SPEACK ENGLISH :confused:

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2004, 02:29:23 AM »
NO Say It Aint so.
Man could have fooled me.

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
Re: AH2 Engine
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 02:32:04 AM »
Originally posted by diegocn
The 3d engine of ah2 is the same of ah1???
I wait that not :mad:

Relax, it isn't... and that is pretty obvious to me.

They have a lot of things built into the engine that will alow them to make it prettier later.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: AH2 Engine
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2004, 05:39:59 AM »
Originally posted by jodgi
Relax, it isn't... and that is pretty obvious to me.

They have a lot of things built into the engine that will alow them to make it prettier later.

I do hope so as it stands now it looks very dated and pretty ugly. FM and Gameplay alone won't be enough to draw new players and hold onto some older ones.

...-Gixer

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: Re: Re: AH2 Engine
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2004, 06:12:29 AM »
Originally posted by Gixer
I do hope so as it stands now it looks very dated and pretty ugly.
You're not serious?  :confused:
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: AH2 Engine
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2004, 07:05:16 AM »
Originally posted by Flossy
You're not serious?  :confused:

Yes affraid so, very dissapointed with the graphics to date and was expecting alot more. Looks like AH1 with a few skin enhancements and graphic details. I know and appreciate the advancements with the flight modeling and the huge amount of work that has gone into AH2 and all involved are to be congratulated. But my expectations where also that AH2 wouldn't look like AH1 as significant visable changes at current Beta are few.

I know there are alot of updates with graphics to come, but unless these are significant changes in improving the look of the game it will remain looking rather dated. Especially to new players. I never expected IL2 graphics in a online sim but things like pixel dust bursts wen't out before EAW.

Myself and most in the AH community can appreciate the changes in FM and gameplay and will therefore continue to enjoy AH for years to come.  But for new players they'll look at the graphics and possibly be turned off (and probably a few vets too) compared to what else they may be use to or what the competition may offer.

I appreciate the work that's gone into AH2 and greatly look forward to it's release and will continue to support AH, but at the same time feel let down in the graphics department. As what we are seeing seems to be an enhancement of the original AH1 engine rather then a new one. Sorry, wish I could say otherwise but Beta currently leaves me pretty unimpressed.

...-Gixer

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 09:54:05 AM »
While Gixer may wave the flag of doom, there is much built into this graphics engine that will allow us to do many nice graphics enhancements.  The main bulk of the artwork we have done consists of converting 4 years worth of work to be compatible with the new engine.
And if you're thinking that we should have gotten that done a long time ago, consider the fact that during development things are changing constantly.  Art has to be reworked, reverted, deleted, completely overhauled, etc.  I've had to change the same piece of work almost on a daily basis at one point.  This is how development works.  There is nothing exact about it.  It requires a LOT of work, patience and frustration that the public never sees.
At this point, things are really starting to move into full motion, and we are certainly not going to let the graphics stagnate.  In fact, nothing has ever been stagnant in AH.  I hope this gives you some perspective into what is going on.  I know many of our customers understand this, but many also don’t get it, which is to be expected.  However, understand that this game is and always will be an evolving entity, which is certainly something you won’t get out of a box game.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 11:09:24 AM »
Hey Gixer do you even subscribe to the game ?

Offline diegocn

• Zinc Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 11:21:55 AM »
I agree with Gixer... The graphics is the same as the AH1 :(
When they had announced the development of AH2,
in the htc foruns, htc announced a new engine, total remodelled,
with spectacular 3d graphics... Im very disappointed sorry :(
Flashpoint 1 is excelente, imagine Flashpoint 2. interested go to http://www.flashpoint1985.com

Offline guttboy

• Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004, 11:30:32 AM »
OMG...its superfly!  I think I have shot that guy offline like a million times!!!!:rofl

Anyhow...Superfly is correct.

SECOND,  the graphics in AH2 are superb! The sun effects, clouds, shading are incredible in flight....Anyone that says the graphics in AH1 and AH2 are the same is insane...try turning that EYECANDY up on your cards or run in 1600x1200....you will see a difference

My 2.5 cents!:D

Offline txmx

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 11:31:14 AM »
Well with 6 post you must either be 1. an older account holder wishing to hide his old BBS handle or.
2 a newbie.
In either case your case simply dont hold water sorry.:rolleyes:

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
AH2 Engine
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 12:31:37 PM »
diegocn,
 read what Superfly said at 05-25-2004 08:54 AM
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
AH2 Engine
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 12:46:44 PM »
Originally posted by diegocn
I agree with Gixer... The graphics is the same as the AH1 :(
When they had announced the development of AH2,
in the htc foruns, htc announced a new engine, total remodelled,
with spectacular 3d graphics... Im very disappointed sorry :(
Flashpoint 1 is excelente, imagine Flashpoint 2. interested go to http://www.flashpoint1985.com

I disagree with you and Gixer.  I am pleased with the way AH2 now looks and really encouraged by the way it looks to be headed.  At this point, there may not appear to be a huge difference between the two.  However, I just have to up a P-51, get into a fight, and see where this will be in a few months.

Thats the beauty of this.  You can love and play Flashpoint and be disappointed by Aces High.  I can enjoy Aces High and be disappointed by Flashpoint (much prefer R6: Raven Shield and Ghost Recon for my tactical games).  We don't have to agree except on one thing, both our gaming desires can be filled by various games out there and not every game will suit us.