Author Topic: question for C/Os  (Read 1679 times)

Offline irvinbrubacher

• Zinc Member
question for C/Os
« on: May 30, 2004, 04:18:18 PM »
any tips on bettering the puntiality and response of squad members? i can tell them to be at a certain base and it takes forever for them to get there its frustrating to say the least. all of them want to run more missions but they cant follow clear orders. any tips or advice would be appreciated

Offline Zuum

• Gold Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 04:43:02 PM »
Any tips on bettering the communication:confused: :rofl
Maybe, after that moment U change ur sites to "less popups-server..."
-Yuri Gagarin was a fool. He travelled three times around the world  and returned to CCCP-

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 12:12:13 AM »
Irvin,

To get everybody in the same place at the same time, you'll need to keep a few things in mind.  

Plan ahead.  Know your next target/mission before you're finished with your current one.  As your squad members find themselves in the tower, be sure they understand that there will be a new assignment/regroup in x minutes.  

Know how important completing a mission is to your squad members.  Some people don't give a hoot about completing their mission/succesfully landing. They'll auger their 10kill mission without a blink.

Others will do anything short of selling their grandmother into slavery in order to land a 2 kill LA-7 mission.

Keep an eye out for where those of the second type are.  If you hear one of them is about to land, tell them to wait a few minutes while the rest complete their mission in order to reqroup.

Missions are an excellent way to get everybody in the same place at the same time.

Anyway, that's just a little from what I'd deem as CO-101.  Each CO runs things differently.  Some are hard-liners that tolerate little deviation from their orders. Others are laid back to the point of nobody knows who's in charge.  Find out where you fall in that spectrum and then you can forumulate further expectations.

Hope that helps.  

If you want more 'insight', feel free to e-mail me at

drone at airmageddon.com

Good luck.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline GA

• Gold Member
      • http://www.332viking.no
question for C/Os
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 03:07:44 AM »
Disiplin!

ACTHUNG! ;)

Offline irvinbrubacher

• Zinc Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 09:24:55 AM »
well guys thanks for ur help. we had squad night last night and to be honest,it was great. Ilet them know in a nice way, but in no uncertain terms what they need to doto play their partin completeing amission I also asked them to do one mission my way and then we will vote on how squad ops are to be done. organized or unorganized.after that mission they were asking for more  I think the problem has resolved itself  thanks to all for ur help

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
question for C/Os
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 11:52:48 PM »
I usually just scream at them through a bullhorn and hit them with sticks.............or at least until morale improves:eek:

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 04:42:55 PM »
I administer electro-shock therapy when they are late.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 05:24:51 PM »
The squad will go where the beer and/or sheep are. Problem is ... if it's a friendly base they won't wanna leave.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
question for C/Os
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 02:49:05 PM »
threaten to eject them from the squad...
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
question for C/Os
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 09:50:51 PM »
Promise perk points after each mission.
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SC-Mutt

• Zinc Member
      • http://skeletoncrew.ww1sims.com/home
question for C/Os
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 06:18:34 AM »
If you're IN command, TAKE command!

But here in cyber space it's pretty hard to simply "Put your foot down" as a leader.  If you're an elected CO, then you have earned the respect needed from those who count. So aside from doing the things suggested above, your best bet for maintaining control is to screen them stinkin' newbies to insure that they have the "Proper mental attitude" so as not to conflict with your "Master plan".

To keep everyone else interested in supporting you,  You need to focus on developing Unit integrity.  This means you become the "Idea man", and everyone else gets job working to make those ideas a reality...  You administrate, they operate.

Keep a list of those who drag their feet on missions, or seem otherwise disinterested in the group effort. Then, when it comes time for another mission,  Make them plan, execute and lead it. Then give them a written critique on it.

After doing this with a few different members, THEN it might be OK to take suggestions, or allow a vote on how to do your job.

Just my 2 cents woith :D

S!

Offline Boozer2

• Copper Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 01:57:26 PM »
punctuality and assignments?   *scratches head*

I have trouble getting kwan to break early with my false check six calls so I can steal his kills, other than that you guys are speaking latin to me.

Boozer *hic*
  CO **MOL**
    -elected by the fact that I was the sucker that forgot to take the step back-
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 01:59:40 PM by Boozer2 »

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 02:59:41 PM »
Pretend CO's cracking the discipline whip in a video game.

That's freakin awsome.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 03:57:39 PM »
I know of a squad in another game who "court martialled" its members...

Set up a Panel of "officers" and review their performance. For punishment you can have do stuff like peel a bag oif patatos or mow the lawn or even wax their car....

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
question for C/Os
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2004, 06:36:40 PM »
They have to want to join missions... They have to want to fly together... They have to want to 'work' together...

If they dont then its not a squad, nor are they squad mates...
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.