« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2000, 04:37:00 PM »
"RAM, RAM, Hurry!!!!!"  

"Pop some more corn, a bunch!!"

"This one is going to get better heheeeee!!"

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Y not
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2000, 04:41:00 PM »
-------Udie walks in screaming, wheeeeeeres my fediddlein tekkilla damnit!? Whisch one of you fargin took my tekkilla! As he see's a Bishop C47 flying over a stopped train. vaguely remembers throwing up in the back of a C47 that looked to him like it was marked in Bishlandia markings.

Hey you train! Whaat did you do wifth my fediddlein tekilla?!?!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Y not
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2000, 04:54:00 PM »
hblair slips and falls into some putrid smelling mess while trying to get to the john in the back of the C47.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Y not
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2000, 05:06:00 PM »
Easymo...in answer to your initial question, I saw a post on this (or similar to this) a while back, and the answer had something to do with the army thinking the 50 cals were perfectly adequate as compared to the cannons, and were in better supply both in the guns themselves and the ammo.  Either that or they were more heavily combat tested than the cannons.

Take all that and add about 40% +/- for accuracy, and I think that's the answer.  You may also want to do a search for that post, but I'm not sure what words you'd search for.  I think it was one of those "My .50s suck, but cannons are SuperDuper homing bullets" threads.

SOB
...if my memory is this bad at 25, what's it gonna be when I'm 50?!?

[This message has been edited by SOB (edited 10-18-2000).]
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
Y not
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2000, 05:19:00 PM »
i agree with easymo

the p51 4 cannon version has as much right to be in AH as the 4 cannon f4u.

Offline Wardog

• Copper Member
Y not
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
easymo..

They did arm RL p51s with 4 20mm  

p51-IIa RAF. ill post info on it when i get home to my books  

Dog out..

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Y not
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
Hi

Ill get in trouble with this but maybe the RL Hispanos werent the all consuming death rays we have in here. But of course that couldnt be it! Right?

thanks GRUNHERZ

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Y not
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2000, 06:31:00 PM »
Pongo walks in looks at the question on the board and his eyes light up...Just as he opens his mouth to start a long disertion, Pyro hits him high and Funked hits him low. Cave drags him off by a heal..still mumbling about the Hispano factory the germans captured in 1940...

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Y not
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »

[This message has been edited by GRUNHERZ (edited 10-18-2000).]

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Y not
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2000, 06:47:00 PM »
Hang walks in, looks around; see's likely course of discussion and goes in search of Hairball to assist in demonstrating relative weight/mass trajectory considerations.

Hairball is smarter than Hang; and has made arrangements to be someplace else when Hang looks.

Hang returns; sans cat, and buys a few beers; squeakes about .50's; bemoans lack of P51 Variants; gripes about Hairballs lack of aim when using the crapper (dammit; POINT THAT bellybutton IN THE HOLE, fer GAWDSAKES!) and generally makes himself very very annoying.

Nothin is accomplised.. except Hairball misses yet again.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Y not
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2000, 07:18:00 PM »
<Hands Hairball a bomb site for future assistance>

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Y not
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2000, 09:33:00 PM »
I don't want another plane that dominates in such fashion as the cHog does now.  Thank you, but no thanks.

Good Bye!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

"Anyway, more golf..."
Humble

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Y not
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2000, 10:16:00 PM »
Hunh. Just checked on Hairball.

Damndest thing...  found a Norden sittin in there with a big stinkin turd on it.

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Jigster

• Copper Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Y not
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2000, 10:43:00 PM »
Jig walks in, with many pointing things sticking out of the front of his A-1. Everyone inside gives him a funny look, and assumes it was something from the local cat house and makes a note to ask him later about which one not to go to. Jig tries to keep a straight face, walking over the coke stove, and procedes stoke it and appears to put a lump of coal in it. He quickly shuts the door of the small heater and walks at a quickened pace out the door. Everyone looks at each other and either runs for the door or hits the deck.

Upon stepping outside Jig latchs the O-club door shut and runs like hell. Waiting a few seconds he recieves the satisfying BOOM POP POW BOOM of a handful of MkII AP hispano shells going off.

Jig remarks "That'll teach 'em to start another Hispano thread"

Upon walking back into the O-club, seeing only a crater where the stove had been, and the entire wall missing from the shack, he looks around at all the people holed up on the floor.

He yells "ALL CLEAR!" and is subsequently tackled, gagged, and hog tied Hangs P-51 while the furball revs the engine.

- Jig

Offline juzz

• Copper Member
      • http://nope.haha.com
Y not
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2000, 06:32:00 AM »
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

P-51 with 4x20mm Hispano cannon.