Author Topic: Reagan <S>  (Read 991 times)

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Reagan <S>
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 06:36:13 PM »
In my lifetime, he is the person I most admired. What a great person and leader.

Ronald Reagan. I know you are now in your "shining city" and that gives me a smile as I think of you.

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 06:56:56 PM »
Saddened by the news

:: Salute ::

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2004, 07:00:15 PM »
S!
RIP
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline Rasker

• Silver Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2004, 07:15:38 PM »

Mr. Reagan is survived by 15 independent former-Soviet republics, a wholly free [and Wall-less] Germany, and liberated Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Albania, and Mongolia.  [Did I leave anyone out? :)]

The night he gave his acceptance speech at Joe Louis Arena, I was privileged to be sitting in the gallery about 80 feet off his right shoulder and a few rows above him.  At that time, I could feel great forces of history moving through him and the gathering, but little did I dream...

Offline ero

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2004, 07:49:53 PM »
He was an incredible gentleman as well.
RIP.

Offline Cabby44

• Copper Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 07:55:48 PM »
What's remarkable for me personally, is that i once loathed Ronald Reagan.  I was(like Reagan himself)a Democrat,  born and raised.   And for me, again like Reagan, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party, the Democrat Party left me."

Over the years i came to grudgingly respect Mr. Reagan, than began to admire him.   I realize now, for many reasons, what a great President he was.

Ronald Reagan and may you rest in peace....

C.

Offline warhound

• Zinc Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2004, 08:17:35 PM »

Offline tapakeg

• Nickel Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2004, 08:27:06 PM »
He did bring back the pride of the american people.

You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2004, 08:46:22 PM »
I hated Ronald Reagan until I turned 30...and grew a brain in 1982. No doubt history will regard him as amongst the top tier of US Presidents...I miss him already.

DmdMax

Offline gunnss

• Nickel Member
      • https://grantvillegazette.com/wp/lastname-firstname/evans-kevin-h/
Reagan <S>
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2004, 10:04:58 PM »
RR was the "Boss" when I was in the Army, bumped my pay up 400% and was the last President  I can recall that seemed to be talking directly to me....  In the diplomatic poker game of the world he pushed the ante up so high that the other side folded without the war in Europe That I expected when I was stationed there.  Becuse of him the world changed immensely im my own life time.

but the funniest thing I rember is him saying "Ich bin ein Berliner" to show sympathy to the plight of the divided city not knowing that "Berlinier" was slang at the time for a type of jelly donut

Gunns

Offline Otto

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cris.com/~ziggy2/
Reagan <S>
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2004, 10:14:37 PM »
He's the only one I ever really cared about.  When things were the darkest he just smiled and said "follow me".

He was a great man and a great leader.....

May he RIP....

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2004, 10:24:01 PM »

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man like him.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2004, 11:42:14 PM »
It's hard to feel sad at his passing since it was a release from alzheimers. He was a truly great leader in his time and I agree that he will be remembered as an outstanding President by history.

and Rest in Peace sir.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2004, 12:17:24 AM »
I was no Reaganite, but a firm .
He put elbow grease behind his convictions, and worked toward them. Ideaology, I disagreed with a lot of his politics, but I don't think anyone could question his heart, sense of duty, or vision. Heck I was in my 20's when he was President, he was in his 70's - how could we possibly agree? He was old school when the country needed old school.

Like the math teacher that would to rap you on the knuckles when you weren't paying attention, I didn't always like him, but I'll miss him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2004, 12:21:30 AM by TweetyBird »

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Reagan <S>
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2004, 01:45:36 AM »

One of the best presidents the US has ever had. He broke the back of Soviet Russia, and the world will be forever grateful for that.

He will be missed.