Author Topic: coverage of Ronald Reagan's death has been excessive,  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
coverage of Ronald Reagan's death has been excessive,
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 12:55:53 PM »
This is nothing compared to the coverage of John F. Kennedy's assassination and funeral.  Granted, that was an entirely different type of event.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 12:58:04 PM »
I feel his coverage should be half of Princess Di

I think we have a ways to go yet ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 01:01:31 PM »
I heard what he said, he was mentioning that, or was it NBC, but they were mentioning that people who werent born in this one presidents burial time would think it's excessive, and dan rathers was born then cause he's what? 1000yrs old?

That this was normal for any great president, or perhaps just slow news days..
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 01:10:58 PM »
This is total BS.  

Like we need to see MORE on Iraq.  How could we see more???

What I think is blown out of purportion is when a Media reporter gets killed.  Holy smokes, you'd think the guy was the President or something......

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 01:35:57 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

It seems I am in a bad mood today :rolleyes:

Bomb Russia :rofl

Offline mora

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 01:36:04 PM »
"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."

It seems I am in a bad mood today :rolleyes:

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 01:38:22 PM »
Normally I think Rather is on the mark, but this time I disagree. I remember the coverage of Eisenhower, Truman, Johnson and Bobby Kennedy's funerals in the 60's and 70's(was too young to remember JFK's). Those bordered on OJ style 24/7 coverage. Footage of the train passing thru stations on the way to Washington, ect.

It has been a long time since the death of a President and people forget the Pomp and Circumstance that go along. Nixon's funeral was downplayed greatly because of his transgressions and resignation.
 I expect Reagan's to be along the scale of Eisenhower's funeral. The man earned that level of respect.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:55 PM »
Originally posted by mora

Here we don't have enough "excessive coverage". No more then Brezhnev's funeral. And noone from our "free press" or "liberal media" ever mentioned this radio speech.

A great president. And a bastard who ordered me and millions of my compatriots to be burnt by hydrogen bombs. Live on the radio.

:mad:

From our beloved free press I can only learn that he did us a favour by destroying our country.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 01:48:19 PM »
Originally posted by Thrawn

Whatt source did you use to reach this conclusion?

Ill find it, gimme a sec.  Gallup poll - might have neglected to mention that it was retrospective.  ;)

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 01:50:01 PM »

From our beloved free press I can only learn that he did us a favour by destroying our country.

HE destroyed your country???  Guess you and your beloved compatriots had nothing to do with it huh?  Amazing the victum consciousness displayed in that post.  Guess that's America's fault too huh?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 01:50:36 PM »
You destroyed your own country.

Some day you'll admit it. It's the first step to recovery.

Until then, wallow in your self-inflicted misery while you blame someone else.  ;)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 01:51:54 PM »
Here we don't have enough "excessive coverage". No more then Brezhnev's funeral. And noone from our "free press" or "liberal media" ever mentioned this radio speech.

A great president. And a bastard who ordered me and millions of my compatriots to be burnt by hydrogen bombs. Live on the radio.

LOL

tell your countrymen to get their heads outa the bottle so you can tell a joke from reality

if he pissed you and your "countrymen" off, he was even a better POTUS than I ever imagined ... LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 02:03:09 PM »
All the answers above are from the people who praise Reagan for "winning the cold war".

You are right. You didn't win it. We lost. We tried to do impossible for 50 years, and at least we tried.

I just wonder what moral and mental decay can lead to jokes like "We begin bombing in five minutes". There are some things I'll never understand :(

And, if you didn't understand it (you guys are quite predictable, selective filter installed) - I am angry at Russian media, that says that Reagan "destroyed USSR" as if he have done us a favour, and doesn't ever mention this beautiful speach.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 02:08:16 PM »
We tried to do impossible for 50 years, and at least we tried.

True. You inflicted an incredibly painful, totally unworkable and dehumanizing political and economic system on millions of people, depriving them of a multitude of the pleasures of everyday living.

Well, at least you tried to totally screw up the world.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2004, 02:08:40 PM »

Nice catch.. :lol
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh