Author Topic: Rank + Mission Management Would be Great to Have  (Read 4734 times)

HaHa

Rank + Mission Management Would be Great to Have
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2000, 12:38:00 AM »
Dunno gents - have any of you guys ever played a game called "Chain of Command?". Graphically it's really bad, but it is multiplayer and does provide ranks. It is EXTREMELY addicting just for the rank part.

It's NOT that I think people should get rank to boss people around  Rank + following is ENTIRELY optional. Sometimes people don't want to go on official missions, and some people never want to follow anyone - they can play AH as they always have. For them who want to work on rank, it gives someone something to strive for.. instead of some meaningless score that means absolutely nothing.

The game rocks - ranks + mission management + more sheep would make it much better  

[This message has been edited by HaHa (edited 05-07-2000).]

RANKER_ONE

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2000, 09:25:00 AM »
Greetings !!

RAVVIN  

I am with you on this one all the ways  

HAHA

You have good points but I old timer
have my own ways of thinking.

I understand what you mean people need
something to STRIVE FOR.. that is the
true reality of the life by it's self  

You said this....

"How many times do people login and have to say, "what are we attacking?". How many times do people have to repeat over and over again, "need bomber at XX, need goon at XX".

Now what is the message here??

In my mind that mean poeple WANT to
make themself USEFUL and as they are proudperson they don't want to inter-
vene to little purpose that is .....
what people want to strive for

Not "ranks" or "scores" etc..etc..and each one want to join pleasure and success

Trying to get everyone working together to
achive one goal is possible but it always depend of the importance of that goal.

As I said befor I WANT TO BE THERE WHERE
IT COUNT
so I'll be able to say .....

"Yes sir we did it!! and I am proud to say that I was with them.."  

I do not have to prove nothing to no one I
know what I am capable of I am not a...
super starand realy dont want to be one I hate loosing my time for no purpose
that is why I like teamwork  

My conclusion ...no rank...no scores...I only
want to join pleasure and success.

------------------
THE ONLY PROPER DEFENCE IS OFFENSE

Best regards gents :)
Ranker...out!!!

HaHa

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
Ok example - right now if I am an obsessed player   and I play 20 hrs a day for 2 weeks... what do I have to show for it ? nothing except for a useless score.

Then when I go into the arena - and say let's do this - people who don't know me just ignore me (or even ones who do) thinking I'm just another blowheart. They don't realize I have 200+ hrs under my belt and know what I am doing. IF one had rank then it would be OBVIOUS that I was experienced or at least obsessed  

It's more of a personal thing for myself.. I have been flying sims for years now and it's getting old - fly/die/fly. Modern games have already shown the addiction/importance of maintaining a character (increasing in rank or whatever) such as Chain of Command, Allegiance, EQ etc.. My suggestion for rank probably won't be done because:

1) too complex/difficult to implement
2) wwIIonline is doing this and they don't want to copy

But I thought I would rock the boat a little and see if I could stir up some interest.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2000, 07:15:00 PM »
Quote from HaHa:

"Then when I go into the arena - and say let's do this - people who don't know me just ignore me (or even ones who do) thinking I'm just another blowheart."

Case closed.

Hang

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 05-08-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

HaHa

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2000, 02:24:00 AM »

Originally posted by Hangtime:
Quote from HaHa:

{misquote}

Case closed.

Wow, there's the best misquote I've ever seen. It's funny HangTime that you'd post something like that considering my "real" post was only meant to be an example - i.e. some fictional "obsessed" player   If I wasn't oringally clear, hopefully now you understand what I meant.