Author Topic: "What if" they execute a women?  (Read 2824 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
"What if" they execute a women?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 09:39:39 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
aren't women equal?

lazs

No, but woman is....are...
:confused:

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 09:54:03 AM »
Wasn't there an article written by a Saudi cleric recently that outlinied the proper ways to beat a wife?

IKON

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 10:03:47 AM »
"
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — An Indonesian maid who killed her employer's wife by beating her on the head with an iron pipe was beheaded Monday, the Interior Ministry said.

It said Warni Samiran Awdi was convicted of killing Fatima Ibrahim al-Firaydan after an argument.

She was executed in the eastern Saudi city of al-Ahsa.

The execution brings to at least 60 the number of people beheaded in Saudi Arabia this year. At least 99 were executed last year.

About two-thirds of those executed are foreigners. Saudi Arabia is an oil-rich nation of 18 million, about 6 million of whom are foreigners, mostly laborers from the Indian subcontinent.

Punishment in Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islamic law that mandates death sentences for murder, rape, drug trafficking and armed robbery. Executions are carried out with a sword in a public square.

Human rights organizations have condemned the executions.

"

from 2000. Just thought it would be good to know that the goverment of Saudi Arabia is big on beheading and always has been.

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 10:14:15 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
"
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) — An Indonesian maid who killed her employer's wife by beating her on the head with an iron pipe was beheaded Monday, the Interior Ministry said.

It said Warni Samiran Awdi was convicted of killing Fatima Ibrahim al-Firaydan after an argument.

The execution brings to at least 60 the number of people beheaded in Saudi Arabia this year. At least 99 were executed last year.

About two-thirds of those executed are foreigners. Saudi Arabia is an oil-rich nation of 18 million, about 6 million of whom are foreigners, mostly laborers from the Indian subcontinent.

Punishment in Saudi Arabia follows a strict interpretation of Islamic law that mandates death sentences for murder, rape, drug trafficking and armed robbery. Executions are carried out with a sword in a public square.

"

from 2000. Just thought it would be good to know that the goverment of Saudi Arabia is big on beheading and always has been.

Public beheadings never work because eventually society tends to pack a lunch and bring the kids after say 100 or so beheadings.. I got this from the history channel so you know it has to be true LOL....

IKON

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 10:39:04 AM »
Glad im not these guys for lots of reasons.

"A court in Qunfuda sentenced nine Saudi alleged transvestites in April 2000: five drew prison terms of six years and 2,600 lashes, and the other four were sentenced to five years and 2,400 lashes. The floggings reportedly were to be carried out in fifty sessions, with a fifteen-day hiatus between each punishment"

They have executed people for "sorcery" in the last 5 years..lol

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2004, 10:54:15 AM »
Personally I don't see the difference..

but I know that alot of people think there is one..so it'll be interesting to see how freaked out the media types get.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 11:34:41 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I didn't say they were... I asked the question.

lazs

i were laughing at fact that woman in western word should be equal, so we shouldnt react more nor less ... if they are realy  equal :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 11:42:04 AM by lada »

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 11:41:23 AM »
"

"

It doesnt seems that USA had good influence on SA in past 30 years.

At least we know where Iraq could be in next 30 years.

Viva Democracy

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 11:42:49 AM »
They have executed people for "sorcery" in the last 5 years..lol

I guess the Harry Potter movies don't do well there?

Offline lada

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 11:44:52 AM »
Originally posted by 1K0N
Wasn't there an article written by a Saudi cleric recently that outlinied the proper ways to beat a wife?

IKON

yup it happen in France.

They kicked him back to Algeria.

Actualy the one who need to beat his wife will find some justification everytime.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 11:47:56 AM by lada »

Offline 1K0N

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 11:50:44 AM »
Originally posted by lada
yup it happen in France.

They kicked him back to Algeria.

Actualy the one who need to beat his wife will find some justification everytime.

Unfortunantly I suspect that every country in the world has a few of these guys...

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 11:54:54 AM »
Originally posted by 1K0N
Unfortunantly I suspect that every country in the world has a few of these guys...

Positively true, but how many of them are within their legal rights to do so is another matter.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2004, 12:58:34 PM »
lada?  are u saying that the U.S. influence is what is making the saudis stick to strick isalmic law and execute people by public beheadings and floggings?

are you saying that left to themselves they are kind and gentle folk with human rights a high priority and not the murdering amoral barbarians that they appear to be?

lazs

Offline RTSigma

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2004, 02:19:10 PM »
A few years back, I remember a story that went around in my old town (In Tinley Park, IL) about an Islamic man that beat his daughter to death for not having her head cover on. He was 'confused' as to why he got sent to jail.

As I alway say, welcome to my country, speak my language and obey the laws.

Sigma of VF-17 JOLLY ROGERS

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 05:17:52 PM »
Originally posted by RTSigma
A few years back, I remember a story that went around in my old town (In Tinley Park, IL) about an Islamic man that beat his daughter to death for not having her head cover on. He was 'confused' as to why he got sent to jail.

As I alway say, welcome to my country, speak my language and obey the laws.

Not only islamist are doing that.. some africans (non-islamists) are as well.

Sometimes you wounder why they come to europe and say they came to seek for a safe place to live in.