Author Topic: This game  (Read 2222 times)

Offline NHattila

• Copper Member
This game
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 12:05:09 PM »
ack guns dont have red icons, you have to go down close and straff them. you probably got hit with puffy ack, which fires at targets over 3k and seems to be rather deadly recently. especially around fleets. takes a week or so to learn where you should up form and where you should fly to, dying is part of the learning curve ;)
Atti11a

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
This game
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 12:15:17 PM »
Originally posted by Ohio330
Thanks for the advice.  I did go in and used the trainer area.
alot of nice guys in there and very helpful  (Thanks Fuzeman!)
I also went in the MA to become dead-meat for the dang
"vulchers" heh.  Spent the night dying, and yes, that got to me,
but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude.  I DO certainly love
the voice radio..nice perk.  Dunno how many times i got bounced
in AW while typing to someone :)   Heh, went over what appeared
to be a clear airfield just to find a nice ACK round explode in front of me and blew an engine as a result..never saw that comin..is there a certain height you have to be before an ACK gun is tagged with a red icon, or did I possibly get nailed by an AI?

To ease your frustration, don't try to up at a field that is being vultched. Find other areas that aren't so congested with enemies and look for engagments there.

Never assume that an airfield is clear of ack. Fly the perimeter and watch for the ack tracers and/or listen to vox. Most will report that all ack is down or up. Also, there are no icons for field ack. You have to learn to recognize the concrete pads that they sit on and adjust your attack on the field accordingly.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Rooks RULE!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 12:26:36 PM »
The assertion that Rooks dominate due to numerical and altitude advantage cannot be argued..........To whit:

All Rooks have two accounts....

One account will be engaged in the fight (when the odds are 3:1 or better) and the other account is climbing out....

This way you have half the waiting time, since getting to 30,000 feet takes time.    :)   Also, by definition, we will have twice as many logged in as we otherwise would.

Just kidding, in case you are a newbie.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Ohio330

• Copper Member
This game
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 12:29:46 PM »
Ya, Fuze..I got your email and just sent ya a reply  :) by the
way..this email address is my email at work..wish I wasn't here
so I could go back into AH.  Ya It was the puffs black smoke that
took me out.  Still flyable, but couldn't see thru all the oil left on my windscreen heh

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
This game
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 01:13:21 PM »
Ohio your going about this the wrong way.... Being nice and polite.... Your not going to fit in at all..... What you need to do is go to the MA and ask

How do I put my gear down.... How do I take off

Write a post saying;

How come I can't hit anything Skuzzy....

Why isn't this or that explained somewhere

Need to perk the spit..LA7 etc.

After doing all the above you will be ingratiated into the fraternity... And will get much more interesting responses..

Remember at all times that this game sucks... And I should know I been playing? for 5 years now....

Oh... And don't forget to say that anyone who kills you is cheating...

Add names to your post like "Rude""Shane""Fuse" and especially "Fester"

......you'll be famous by Friday....

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
This game
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 01:19:14 PM »
Originally posted by maddog

Oh... And don't forget to say that anyone who kills you is cheating...

Add names to your post like "Rude""Shane""Fuse" and especially "Fester"

......you'll be famous by Friday....

Yikes :) I'm moving up in the world.... or is that down?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
This game
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 01:39:55 PM »
Forgot to mention:

Keep asking Hitech when the new planes,Terrains,patch etc. will be out.. Then ask when did two weeks become a month

Ask a question in the MA and when someone (which they will) tells you to read the manual tell them you would but your blind. If they then try to help ignore them cause their idiots.....

Offline RTStuka

• Silver Member
This game
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 02:21:40 PM »
Ohio330 if you remember one thing remember this, if you ask a question and someone replies with press Alt. F4, dont do it, it will exit the game.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
This game
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 08:54:03 PM »
Ohio330, to avoid spam at work I'll post it here.
I haven't received your e-mail yet although the net had a problem today per Skuzzy. I'll keep looking though. I am interested in your reply.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
This game
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2004, 11:45:12 AM »
Welcome to AH2 Ohio.

As many have said, flying in a squad isn't a requirement for  having fun or learning the ropes. OTOH flying with a wingman and developing wingman tactics/strategies can keep you alive a lot longer. Get in one plane and fly it till you know its strenghts and weaknesses. While doing that try to wing up with other solo flyers you encounter. Soon enough you'll meet someone you can team up with.

Squads have a way of finding you. Hang in there and enjoy the ride. Meanwhile, if you have questions...this is the place to ask.

DmdMax

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
This game
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2004, 05:13:03 AM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Join the Rooks!

Originally posted by acetnt367th
Do the above and you will learn how to outnumber enemies 2 to 1, arrive at all fights at 30K plus, and run like hell if caught low.

:-)

Originally posted by Blooz
You make it sound like a bad thing.

There's really not much for me to say, is there?

Offline Ohio330

• Copper Member
This game
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 07:40:12 AM »
Thanks for all the advice guys...too bad I only access this during the week...i did get roped into the ALT-F4 thing this weekend..so THATS what happened heh?
    Fuze, I wanted to say a few things in a private e-mail because
I wanted to be honest about my feelings for this game and what has been happening in the week I've been playing, but I'll keep it "nice" since it's a public board.
    On Saturday I was on and was gunning at a field and 3 fat juicy
B-17's went overhead, and i quickly made dinner on those birds.
Some (remove expletitive) came on vox to say not to shoot at them because he is is 17 pilot and respects the enemy 17's.  I dared to question this "respect" and now I have found approx. 5 people on vox, and some more in text, taking annoying pot shots at me.
     Secondly, and this isn't a ***** about the game itself..more a reflection of what I'm used to..  The planes in this game simply fly like bricks (call it realism, I'll respect that).  In this sense, I am
truely worse than a newb to this game because I now have to unlearn what I've learned before.  Im constantly finding myself
pushing these birds too hard..leaving me in a state of constant
low "E" and vulnerable.  I managed to get an assist kill  (heh, after 3 minutes of dogfighting) just to find out no points are awarded for assists.
    I sure I can overcome how to handle the planes eventually, Fuze, but at this time I do not have the ability to be given the honor of joining your squad.  I am not sure I can overcome the snide remarks, though.  I am going to finish out my one week left, and if they don't subside, I will probably not subscribe.  If I do
subscribe, I will just reapply, and hope the new account isn't with the Knights  ( and make my sole goal to take out Knight B-17's!!  heh)

Offline jodgi

• Nickel Member
      • http://forum.mercair.net
This game
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2004, 08:38:53 AM »
You can change country right away, ahhhh never done that in AH2 but I suppose you do in from the "O'Club".

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
This game
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2004, 08:43:57 AM »
Ohio just to let you know, you can switch to another country, the game doesn't assign you a country other than the 1st visit to the Main Arena. Bring up the clipboard>O Club> change countries.
Once changed, you're there for 12 hrs, I believe.

btw...you're going to find dorks wherever you go :)

DmdMax

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
This game
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 09:03:50 AM »
Ohio,
I respect your thoughts and [phffft] to the guys who gave you grief. Don't let them cocktail weenies change the way you feel about the game.
One great command is the .squelch [name] one. Peace and quiet in no time flat.
Shoot me an e-mail PLEASE!