Author Topic: Changing Countries  (Read 1497 times)

Offline moto61

• Copper Member
      • http://www.eastex.net/moto
Switching countries
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2004, 01:24:06 AM »
I think if ya want to switch countries you ought to be willing to stick out the tour ! :aok  So what if the Rooks end up with 692 the knits 2 and the Bish 2,  HTC will just have to turn kill shooter off so Rooks can have some fun.

No kidding though I think the time period should be a whole tour if you change sides.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2004, 09:51:37 AM »
Siwtched sides once in my 3+ years of ah and never heard ther end of it. Private messages from people all night. Among other things was called a "traitor", "scumbag", i had no "honor". I found it amusing at first but it got old. Its just a game folks :) I would change sides to have fun and meet new people more often if i didnt have to hear so much chit...from both sides.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 09:54:22 AM »
No kidding though I think the time period should be a whole tour if you change sides.

And the reason for this is?

For someone who once seemed so concerned with good gameplay, one would think a well ballanced MA would be something that is of importance to you.

Its funny. You guys whine about unballanced numbers, gang banging, hordes, but then when people change sides because their team has too many players you whine some more.

You remind me of little old ladies who just can't be pleased.

One thing that I think HTC should do is only allow players to change sides if their country has more players at the time than either of the other two sides. If you want to have a rule to switch sides I think that should be it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 2shad4u

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 10:07:34 AM »
OH MY:eek: !! that shows 2shad as a rook something must be wrong..........68devil

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 10:27:51 AM »
Our entire squad went from Knights to Rooks two years ago when Rooks were constantly outnumbered.

We tried to make a switch back to knights when AHII came out, and in the Beta we were Knights. But when the MA switched over from AHI to AHII, the game automatically put us all back in our Original Squad, which was still Rooks.

We'll probably change again, but we're really lazy and dissorganized.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Changing Countries
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2004, 11:52:58 AM »
One thing that I think HTC should do is only allow players to change sides if their country has more players at the time than either of the other two sides. If you want to have a rule to switch sides I think that should be it.

I sorta like this idea.

HiTech

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2004, 12:17:38 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
I sorta like this idea.

HiTech

Makes more sense than anything suggested so far IMHO.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Changing Countries
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2004, 12:24:23 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS

Or mabey approching that idea from the opposite end since fickle switchers migrate to the winning country:

You cannot switch to the country with the most players currently online.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 12:26:29 PM »
Originally posted by hitech
I sorta like this idea.

It's a decent idea, but it totally throws the proposition of changing sides to fly with friends out the window unless you both switch to the side with the lowest numbers.  

Would such a system still impose a time limit for changing sides?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 12:26:34 PM »
You cannot switch to the country with the most players currently online.

Pretty much one in the same wouldnt you say? 8)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Changing Countries
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 12:32:03 PM »
Kind of, except everyone has the option of switching to at least 1 other country at a given time.  As a knight if I had to wait until knights had numbers to go visit another country, it would be a long wait.

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 12:56:06 PM »
hehe ok!

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2004, 02:06:22 PM »
what you mean HITECH actually reads thise things:rofl
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2004, 06:45:15 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM
i think the turn around time should be longer to get back to your own country, what is it now 24, 36 hours or something?

why not make it a week?

make it more of a hassle for all the spies who like to come over and see where were hiding thier cv's hey!

I have always thought a player needs locked in for a Tour at a Time. For the reasons you have disclosed here. In time this would balance the MA numbers. Again HTC would have to develop a program to acheive such a result. For one thing you need a data base that tracks(Players per Country) on a scedual. Not sure exactly how it would be done. But i know it can be. Heck i have done it on the hour every hour for 10 to 15 hours at a time with a pen and paper during the winter when i wasnt working.
Make it a TOUR.

Originally posted by Charon
I try to switch to the side with the least numbers when I think about it, or switch if there is a lack of good fights. Sometimes the other two countries are having a good battle somewhere.

Could care less about resets, winning the war, country loyalty, etc.

Charon

Sorting (new) players to the average outnumbered country, locking them and all players in for a tour at a time and setting a MAX ratio……. Would go a long way towards balancing things out.
Many would claim that Players would “Leave” over such a decision. But I think HTC has proved that us ADDICTS Won’t leave if you tried to kick us OUT!!

Originally posted by Innominate
Nothing wrong with switching teams.  You don't get any reset perks by switching just before.

True BUT…most play this game for the (KILL)….

It is my personal recollection that in the earlier days the followings comments were very accurate "If a country is gangbanged, no matter which country, and it has the equivalent of numbers of the two other countries combined, it does not have "numbers". Fighter for fighter, it faces an equal number of enemies, only on two fronts."
However this no longer rings true.

It cannot be disputed that the 2 countries with the largest numbers attack the country with the lowest numbers in effort to "Steal" the win from each other and collect the Perks and the Honor of being named the "Winner". It’s also true that most players play for ONE simple reason. (THE KILL) Don’t try to kidd me or yourself. Players will switch just to partake in the Vulch Fest and get their Name In Lights faster than you can say “Jimmy Cracked Corn” “Or Jimmy Landed 6 kills in a La7 of ______. LOL  And LAST BUT NOT LEAST, I believe this for some odd reason builds EGO and confidence for most. ;) so there! Heck this game is about EGO for the most part. Otherwise we would just sit in the tower cheering the team on.

With the current setup we can expect this to be the Normal.
Likewise it cannot be disputed that it is becoming increasingly more un-balanced as time goes by. Last Friday night looked like this.(Rooks=197/  Knits=123/  Bishops= 136.  Then it was Bish=125/ Knights=125/ and Rooks=226 on last Sunday night at 11:00pm est. It used to be a big deal when a said country had 20 to 30 more players than the other two. Now its very common the see a single country at prime time (Eastern Time) having 70to 80 players advantage over the other two on (Average).
You do have those that are claiming that Knights or Bishops have numbers during the morning and daytime. While this is true its usually to the tune of about 20 maybe 30 players on average over either of the other two countries.
Examples: Today  8:00AMest http://home.earthlink.net/~mugz/images/mon8am.gif
11:00Am est.… http://home.earthlink.net/~mugz/images/mon11am.gif
3:00PM est.       http://home.earthlink.net/~mugz/images/mon3pm.gif
I will go look in to the MA is I am typing this letter. Its 6:51 PM est……………
OK Its Bish=89/ Knights=79/ Rooks=77.

These are the numbers DAY IN DAY OUT in the (DAYTIME and MORNINGS Eastern Time Zone) and cannot be disputed. If you wish to say different then you just are out of touch with reality.
But you can bet at prime time the Rooks will have a substantial numbers advantage by more than 30 players from around 9:00 pm EST. Climbing to around at least 50 player advantage by 1:00am est. next morn.
What does this have to do with “Country Change”?
The country change policy has allowed this cancer to spread.

What can be done? I don’t know. :confused:
The only thing that I HAVENT seen tried, is to LOCK players into one country for the duration of a Tour. Many ppl think HTC would be making a mistake by doing this. I think HTC has proven time and again the we are addicted. Whine after Whine and we still PAY to PLAY. But there IS a LIMIT to anything. I’m sure the Rooks don’t mind.

Why has it become more and more lopsided than ever before?
I think we might be seeing a "Security in Numbers" thing playing out. Imagine if you were a New Player to AH2 these days and you join up with the Bish or Knights at first logon. After a few weeks you are getting you butt pummeled for a couple of reasons. First you may be  (New to AH2 Flight Model or even MA style Simming)
Secondly (your country is out numbered by the other 2 countries by 50 70 EVEN nearly 100 layers in some cases.) It soon becomes obvious that IF you are going to learn to play this game? It would be a lot more fun learning if you did it knowing you had 4 or 5 buddies nearby at all times to help you if you get you tit in the wringer. Couple this with other factors. Perk Points for kills, (While you might get fewer points per kill. You will get kills galore.) Endless Vulching sessions, Getting your name in lights for a change, via the system “Kills Landed” message) Makes tons of sense for the newbie and unfortunately for some Ego seekers.
There is the issue “What if I want to fly with a friend?”
Maybe we could swap countries with a willing participant for a day? PS (This might cause people to strive to have a little more diplomatic behavior towards others)
Im sure there are tons of ins and outs on the idea. But I would welcome another attempt at trying to balance the MA numbers to within a certain ratio.
 Nonetheless I think HTC has proven that they can do as they wish and for the most part we will continue to play no matter the issues or fixes.

Originally posted by Innominate
If playing for a certain country ceases to be fun for any reason (only a few vulched fields left, no radar, annoying teammates, whatever) there is nothing wrong with switching teams.

This is the “Give up sissy attitude” that causes the MA unbalance in the first place.
But that’s just me. I tend to feel a loyalty in anything I do. Unless of course, it’s for a ROOK! LOL
No harm intended guys. But IMO i feel it has become a problem with the over all Game Play expereince. Either way I choose to Press ON! Out Numbered or not. :)

PS. Remember...If yous Rooks react to this post saying that i am a whiner and no change is needed? Then i wont need to call you a whiner who is trying to stop something that "Doesnt matter" anyway :D
Bye Bye ;)

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
Changing Countries
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2004, 06:50:05 PM »
dang mugz.

you working now?