Author Topic: pisses you off  (Read 1549 times)

Offline DrDea

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 08:38:36 AM »
I personaly never cared who got the kill.Just so long as there dead.  <-----NOT a score potato
The Flying Circus.Were just like you.Only prettier.

FSO 334 Flying Eagles. Fencers Heros.

Offline Polaris

• Zinc Member
pisses you off
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 08:55:25 AM »
Originally posted by DrDea
I personaly never cared who got the kill.Just so long as there dead.  <-----NOT a score potato

I applaud you sir!  

Too many score potatos...FAR too many.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pisses you off
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2004, 09:08:55 AM »
"BANG! You're dead!"

"No Way, I shot him first!"

"No, I did."

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2004, 01:38:01 PM »
All those things do suck.. I have had a few kills stolen from me..

But my worst frustration comes from some chump diving on the guy im firing at whilst 4 badguys are chasing me.. lol

Almost as bad is some chump draggin 4 badguys to me so they can make a pass at the single plane Im firing at..

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
pisses you off
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 02:12:23 PM »
Here's one that doesn't "Piss me off" but does make me laugh.

A guy is in deep with 3 enemies on his ass. He's running like a *****, but everyone knows hes not going to make it. So I say "I'm on the way, hang on" whereupon the Friendly proceedes to point directly at me, dragging the enemies into my 12 oclock. This ruines pretty much any chance I had of helping him out, as all I get time for is one head-on, which I usually decline to take considering the possibilities of Killshootering myself, and or getting a facefull of bullets.

So hopefully someone will read this and say "oh, I do that" and will mend their ways. Folks, when dragging a bandit, give your helper some help of your own, and set up a decent angle for him :)

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
pisses you off
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2004, 04:34:03 PM »
I have that happen more often than not Sikboy. When someone tells you they are OTW don't turn into them unless they say to. It ruins the killshot (you DO want him off you, right?) and takes more time for the friendly to set up for another.

I have the best results with s-turns. It increases the closure for the friendly and keeps the bandit focused.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
pisses you off
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2004, 04:35:12 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Steal killers do suck but what I hate is working on a guy for a bit, getting right in the saddle, fixing to pull the trigger and some moron shoots tracers over me and the bad guy starts flopping like a fish or dives to the deck.

If someone is in the saddle, DON"T interfere.

If an enemy is fighting 2 or more of your guys, DON'T interfere.

If an enemy is going down, DON'T waste ammo and E trying to steal a kill.

I always get a kick out of 6 guys chasing 1 P-51 or something. It's just so stupid!

Hey, welcome to Aces High dipstick!  Hope you enjoy your time here.

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
pisses you off
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2004, 04:49:19 PM »
I try to not steal kills (my score should make that obvious), but too many times I've seen a smoking enemy continue to fly and even shoot friendlies.  If he ain't down, I'm shooting.  No, I won't jump in front of you, won't try for someone if he's obviously getting hammered, but if he comes from above and I don't see anyone chasing him, I'm going to try to nail him unless he's missing a wing.

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
pisses you off
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2004, 04:53:15 PM »
To be even more specific, how about the guy that either cuts in front of you or shoots over your shuolder when you are less than D200 on the nme. You give him a verbal lashing and he says " I didn't see you there" Like how the HELL can you not see me? I'm right on this guys butt. You'd have to be loooking through the hollow insides of a Bic pen not to see me behind him. GRRRRRRRR.:mad:
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
pisses you off
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2004, 05:31:20 PM »
JB42--

You have to understand, because of net lag, he sees himself in exactly the same position as you.  He's 200 behind the con, and that damn JB42 is behind him pinging away!

No way to avoid this really, except to avoid participating in gangbangs.  If there's 5 guys chasing a con, pull off and find someone else.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
pisses you off
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2004, 06:08:29 PM »
"#1. Landing a damaged aircraft slightly off the runway and getting a ditch. I mean come on..... slide off the runway a few feet with a dead motor and maybe no gear and you get ditched, but flip the plane over on the runway breaking off the wings and tail and get a successful landing LOL. Did they even have paved runways in the European Theatre during WWII.....i thought they took off from a grass feild."

Jeez, I know. In AH1, I would always try to land a damaged plane at a vh because of this.

I would agree there should be a little more forgiveness in the whole ditch thing at an airfield.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
pisses you off
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2004, 06:18:38 PM »
Originally posted by DipStick
Steal killers do suck but what I hate is working on a guy for a bit, getting right in the saddle, fixing to pull the trigger and some moron shoots tracers over me and the bad guy starts flopping like a fish or dives to the deck.

If someone is in the saddle, DON"T interfere.

If an enemy is fighting 2 or more of your guys, DON'T interfere.

If an enemy is going down, DON'T waste ammo and E trying to steal a kill.

I always get a kick out of 6 guys chasing 1 P-51 or something. It's just so stupid!

that gent's is another post in general called team work, dred your a knight, hell the irongogs were my first sqaud in this game  i moved else where, they were a fine bunch but i was young to the game and blood hungry and wanted bigger numbered squads so one day i asked around and found the lancers, theres some good guys there who dont always go for the furball also but hell theres many fine knights i get together with and fight side by side that are not even squadies of mine. point and im getting to that:eek:  teamwork ahh yes! too many guys converging on one target and not simultainusly targets,as a team, from check sixes, to hey bud you need help? y/n?.  not teammates ignoreing me when i ask him hey! what are you doing? and when i ask for help i would epect the same. this game would be even better if countries could work together as squads do, not for the individuals, hell were all trying to kill eachother anyways can you imagine rook armies, bish and knight's in the ma sometimes and some of the times the knights get it together and lay down some woop ass, most of the time its us but we do bring it to the table and im not talking about special event senierios niether.

but then again thats an antirerly another post
or is it?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
pisses you off
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2004, 06:40:53 PM »
Originally posted by JB42
To be even more specific, how about the guy that either cuts in front of you or shoots over your shuolder when you are less than D200 on the nme.

That's when you gently pull back on the stick and then listen for his whines from the killshooter death.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song