Author Topic: Linda Rohstadt boo'd off stage for Moore comment  (Read 4447 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Linda Rohstadt boo'd off stage for Moore comment
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2004, 02:43:30 PM »
It would be already if the conservatives wouldn't keep digging it up.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: July 21, 2004, 02:45:29 PM »
ronstat is a conservative?

lazs

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: July 21, 2004, 02:46:41 PM »
Downloaded a bunch of Ronstadt's songs on Ares.

That'll show her!!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: July 21, 2004, 02:48:56 PM »
If the crowd had walked out and not thrown a hissy fit it would never have made the news because Moore was old news. That was my point.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: July 21, 2004, 02:51:09 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
[flameproof suit]Lazs, Moore has a valid point. We are a nation of sheep hearded by the media.[/flameproof suit]

So Moore is a hypocrite too -  making a manipulative movie which if IIRC he said was intended to sway peoples' voting...

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #185 on: July 21, 2004, 02:54:36 PM »
So......

Moore made a movie that was about movies that sway people in order to sway people by telling them not to be swayed people?

got it.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: July 21, 2004, 02:54:53 PM »
At least he told you right up front what the intention of the film was. That's moore (nudge,nudge, wink,wink) than most media outlets.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #187 on: July 21, 2004, 03:00:26 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
So......

Moore made a movie that was about movies that sway people in order to sway people by telling them not to be swayed people?

got it.

You got something...  Cant say what, but  you got it... :lol

Offline xrtoronto

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: July 21, 2004, 04:05:11 PM »
can any one of you neo-clowns tell me why not one law suite against MMoore's 'pack of lies' has not been launced or even talked about in the media? The money to be made is vast if what your state is true.

(watch...no response again):rolleyes:

Offline koda76

• Copper Member
      • http://home.earthlink.net/~dwdishman/
« Reply #189 on: July 21, 2004, 04:11:04 PM »
I read through all of this and failed to see anyone mention the fact Moores Film is FICTION........not based on facts but on creative editing......thus this film is considered FICTION.
WTG Las Vegas for giving her the Boot!!!

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #190 on: July 21, 2004, 04:12:44 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto

Ah, wheres the boy scout link again?

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: July 21, 2004, 04:13:31 PM »
Patience, my man, patience.   These things take time.  I'm fully convinced that, when they are ready, Moore's victims are going to force him to put-up-or-shutup in a court of law.  And the victims of Fahrenheit 9/11 include more than just the Bush family.

Offline Glas

• Copper Member
« Reply #192 on: July 21, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
glas... no conservative or, no man that is not gay or a pandering  liberal would ever say "you go girl"..

Fair point :)  Bear in mind tho, it wasnt me who introduced that line to this thread ;)

you guys miss the point.   She had her free speech and the audience had theirs.... It doesn't matter what was said only that it was (free speech) and that the audience reacted (free speech).

Your right, the audience were more than entitled to excercise their free speech.  And the hotel were more than entitled not to book her for any future performances.  What really annoyed me was that they actually removed her from the premises!!!!!

Talk about over-stepping the mark :rolleyes:

.....missjudged her audience.......
lazs  

Too right, and for that she deserved to be booed and heckled.

Stupid cow ;)

Glas
JG13 Lokis Kinder

p.s  I reiterate, had the political message had no relevance to US politics, it would most likely have been welcomed, imo.  So please dont use the 'no politics for performing artists', cos you would only apply it when it suits you.

Politics is everywhere, not just among the Democrats and Republicans of the USA ;)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #193 on: July 21, 2004, 04:33:02 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Still trying to find a story on the "Boy Scout" incident that isn't on a biased rag. Anyone?
A quick google search of "california delegation boos boy scouts convention" turned up enough to lead me to believe this occured.  You're "Biased rag" statement is accurate, however:
All of them seem to be consistant.  It almost makes you wonder why this wasn't worthy of bigger news coverage?  I mean... fans booing Linda Rondstadt is definately a bigger issue than California delegates boing Eagle Scouts at a Democratic National Convention that they scouts were INVITED to.

Offline Leslie

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: July 21, 2004, 04:34:55 PM »
Originally posted by xrtoronto
can any one of you neo-clowns tell me why not one law suite against MMoore's 'pack of lies' has not been launced or even talked about in the media? The money to be made is vast if what your state is true.

Sue if you want.  The reality of lawsuits is at the judge's whim.  It depends on who he likes.  It's taking a big gamble.

Les