Author Topic: Does AH2 exist?  (Read 879 times)

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Does AH2 exist?
« on: July 20, 2004, 01:58:58 PM »
You can't tell by reading the 'gaming press'.

Offline Regular

• Nickel Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »
umm...yes.

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 02:13:51 PM »
Originally posted by Regular
umm...yes.

you've seen a review?

When I was reading the review on WWIIOL earlier I was wondering the same thing. That is, has anyone done a review on the game yet?

I did find an Adrenaline vault news article on the release, but there was not review to it.

I do think people are waiting for the ToD to come out.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 05:38:23 PM »
AH2 isn't really ready for a review.   A review is going to nail it--hard--on things like the trees that look funky on the ground and the poor cockpit graphics of some of the planes.   The lack of distinctive sounds for the different planes might be a liability too.  Finally the game is so hard to learn that a reviewer who isn't part of the flightsim community will be frustrated.

I personally can't care less about eye candy (heck I still think SVGA AirWarior looks fine), but sadly most of the gaming industry is in a "graphics at the expense of all else" trend.

J_A_B

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 05:55:36 PM »
Yup, some of the 'old' games are still the best for gameplay. They may not have had the graphics but were fun. Most modern games sacrifice gameplay for eye candy unfortunately.
Anyone remember "Pirates"?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 01:41:09 PM »
ahh good old flightsims .... Remember A10 Cuba!    ?

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2004, 02:49:02 PM »
I do! I do!

Offline Badfish1

• Zinc Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2004, 03:48:39 PM »
Well, I guess that raises the question of whether or not AHII is in the same class as the other games. I don't know, as I have only played AHII as far as online sim's goes. That WWIIOL looks impressive though. Who has played that? Does it compare? Is AHII superior? Comments?

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2004, 04:12:06 PM »
There's a WWIIOL thread in the O'Club that covers some of this.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
A-10 Cuba was the best game ever..
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 07:28:59 PM »
Originally posted by Gie
ahh good old flightsims .... Remember A10 Cuba!    ?

man! that game was the best! i still have a copy of it somewhere.

infact, A-10 Cuba had more gameplay detail than AH2 does now, the graphics were so bad that you didnt need good graphics, but you could blow holes in the ground, kill everything and anything, including friendlies, you could fly with 2/3 of your planes shot off, you could do so much. i used to try flying through the road tunnel for kicks and land on the top of the dam, amoungst other things....

thanks for reminding me Gie, i might go dig out the old CD and load that one up tonight!

batfink
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Gie

• Zinc Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2004, 03:51:32 AM »
I think you can still download it somewhere - i did  it 4 yers ago +  1.01 patch.

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2004, 03:08:34 PM »
just bought aces of the pacific off ebay, first game i ever played, and one heck of a manual!

VWE

Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 08:26:31 AM »
How about Janes ATF? I've still got in running on an older machine and I would bring it to the con if anyone wants to play 'airbase assault'.... 8 player airbase assault, yeah thats the ticket! :aok

VWE

Does AH2 exist?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 08:27:31 AM »
How about Janes ATF? I've still got in running on an older machine and I would bring it to the con if anyone wants to play 'airbase assault'.... 8 player airbase assault, yeah thats the ticket! :aok