Author Topic: Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl  (Read 1908 times)

Offline -MZ-

• Nickel Member
Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2004, 08:34:51 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
The things you moron's actually believe.....

Still not as bad as George Bush Sr. never having seen a supermarket check-out scanner before.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/bushscan.htm

Yup, STOOPID.  That thing was pretty widely reported, it wasn't like a spam mail or some obscure op-ed piece.

Too bad we didn't have Snopes in 1992.

Offline culero

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2004, 08:38:28 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
Maybe Kerry is better at catching. ;)

~spewwwwww~

culero (wiping monitor :))
“Before we're done with them, the Japanese language will be spoken only in Hell!” - Adm. William F. "Bull" Halsey

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Re: here is a link
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »
Originally posted by doobs
Geez wasn't even on the mound, and couldnt reach home.:(

Bush practiced, and he couldn't make it either.

==============================

Updated: Friday April 06, 2001 11:49 PM

Flashes went off all over Miller Park as President Bush threw out the first pitch. AP
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Access to America's finest practice facilities didn't prepare President Bush for Miller Park: His first pitch was a major league bust.

The president's ceremonial first pitch at the Milwaukee Brewers' new stadium skipped in the dirt before thumping into the mitt of Brewers manager Davey Lopes. Bush froze in his follow-through for a moment, then shrugged his shoulders.

Ball. Way too low. A bit outside.

Afraid it would turn out this way, the president had tried to lower expectations before taking the mound. "The split-finger is sometimes not meant to reach the plate," Bush joked in the Brewers' locker room before the game.

He had practiced with an aide last weekend at the presidential retreat in Camp David, Md., and again Thursday on the South Lawn of the White House -- a respite, no doubt, from the standoff in China.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2004, 08:44:33 PM »
Originally posted by Mini D
This isn't really news except that there's a few pictures of Kerry running around posing with a football... looking like the athlete.  I wonder if he knows how to throw that?

Not knowing how to throw a football or baseball is no big deal right up until you pretend you can.

BTW... "Throw's like a girl".  Why aren't people all over that screaming homophobe?  Where's all those politically correct Californians like Airhead, Groinhurts and Mathtard when you need em?

Actually the correct term would be Misogynist., not Homophobe.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2004, 10:11:27 PM »
BOSTON - John Kerry bounced the ceremonial first pitch during last night's Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park, but he said he was just going easy on the National Guard soldier and Iraq war veteran standing in as catcher.  

"I held back," Mr. Kerry told reporters early this morning, on the plane ride after the game. "He was very nervous. I tried to lob it gently."

And the catcher didn't have a knuckle ball glove... otherwise he'd have thrown his knuckle ball.  Yeah thats it.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2004, 10:12:15 PM »
i throw better than he does damn it:mad:
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2004, 10:36:11 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
Actually the correct term would be Misogynist., not Homophobe.
It was more of a play on the current "girlyman" accusations of homophobia MT.

I simply view it as degrading to women and not to be tollerated.

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2004, 10:43:41 PM »
Hey, it's only the great American passtime.  And the soldier was the person who was supposed the throw in the pitch but Kerry being much more important than him got to interject himself into that guys glory.  And the guy didn't miss the catch.  Kerry effed up the throw so bad that it bounced up off the ground and hit the guys glove.  NOBODY could have caught that ball.  Contrast that with Bush throwing in the game ball at the World Series right after 9/11 :)  STEEEEERIKE! :D

And it's not a reason not to vote for Kerry.  Kerry is reason enough not to vote for Kerry.

Offline Munkii

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2004, 12:33:57 AM »
Originally posted by Athena3
Preon, where' the heck you've been hiding yourself?  Didn't know you were back to reading the BBs.  IM us sometime. :)  

Okay, hijack over.

And I'll throw my political 2 cents in this thread and cover them all.  Frankly, I avoid the typical two party system, I refuse to register in any political party, instead voting for the best candidate regardless, or sometimes in spite of, their political party.  It's funny, I grew up in Maine and everyone had their own political views, but they were pretty quiet about them and just went and voted, didn't make a huge fuss.  Here in Oklahoma, I'd hide if I were a democrat or at least tell no one, because it seems like everyone I meet here is an outspoken republican.  Is it just me or is that true of this area of the country in general?

It all completely depends.  The further away from OKC or Tulsa you are the more outspoken republicans there are.  In Norman, OKC, Edmond with college campuses there are more outspoken democrats.  Are you guys stationed at Tinker or Lance AFB?  I think there is another as well in Altus.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2004, 01:27:54 AM »

BOSTON - John Kerry bounced the ceremonial first pitch during last night's Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park, but he said he was just going easy on the National Guard soldier and Iraq war veteran standing in as catcher.

"I held back," Mr. Kerry told reporters early this morning, on the plane ride after the game. "He was very nervous. I tried to lob it gently."

Will this man ever admit to doing anything wrong? Must EVERYTHING be spinned to make him look as favourable as possible? He is the mother of all ****tards.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2004, 08:21:20 AM »
why didn't he just tell em...

" I would like to throw out the ball but I throw like a girl and will have to lie to cover it up so.... no thanks"

lazs

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2004, 10:07:36 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Will this man ever admit to doing anything wrong? Must EVERYTHING be spinned to make him look as favourable as possible? He is the mother of all ****tards.

If that's all he has left for a spin, he's in for a LONG 3 months

Offline Stridr417

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2004, 11:17:45 AM »
So what?  Good God this is a stupid thread.

Kerry apparently played hockey in college.  I'd like to see GWB lace up the skates and play a man's game.

Offline Athena3

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Re: Kerry gets boo'd by Boston fans... throws like a girl
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2004, 12:39:10 PM »
Originally posted by Munkii
It all completely depends.  The further away from OKC or Tulsa you are the more outspoken republicans there are.  In Norman, OKC, Edmond with college campuses there are more outspoken democrats.  Are you guys stationed at Tinker or Lance AFB?  I think there is another as well in Altus.

We're at Vance, northern OK.  No real colleges of size around here.

Offline mosgood

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2004, 03:57:48 PM »
Originally posted by Hortlund

I thought this thread was about Kerry... not Bush  ;)