Author Topic: Even the early morning hours.....  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Chortle

• Nickel Member
Even the early morning hours.....
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2004, 09:25:08 PM »
You've said that flying rooks is a utopian ideal who's honour and bravery shine like a beacon from amongst the ugly 12 year old bishops. I've checked the stats but I'm still not convinced.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2004, 10:04:42 PM »
I'm firmly convinced that if you took an average chess-warrior and swapped him around, he'd notice no difference in the behaviour of his friendlies or his enemies.  

Overall numbers actually mean very little.  You know why?  Because nobody from ANY side will engage when they don't have numbers.  

So if the numbers are even, you'll see one horde of 15+ (knight, or rook, or bish) planes hitting a preferably undefended (bish, rook, or knight) field, while the next sector over there will be a similarly sized horde of (bish, rook, or knight) will be hitting a preferably undefended field of the (bish, rook, or knight).  

If the numbers are vastly lopsided, you'll typically see 2 or 3 hordes instead of just one for the one team, but you'll still see the "outnumbered" team hitting back against an undefended field belonging either to the 3rd team or the "big" team.

One thing I've noticed, although this may be personal "bias", is that the rooks do seem to fly higher and more timidly than the bish or knights.  Usually they are in the faster planes (runstang, la7, run90) and will make a couple bore n zoom passes and either run or orbit while calling for friends.  This happens on all sides, but it seems to be the modus operandi for the majority of the rooks.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »
Those that have been playing a while have been attracted to and remain with the team that has a methodology that most closely resembles their own personal approach...

what about those of us who fly with the side with the least numbers to try to even out game play?  ive played on all 3 sides, now im currently nit to do what i can to even numbers.
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Mugzeee

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2004, 08:16:11 AM »
Originally posted by Black Sheep
Anton, pull your panties out yer butt. How is it you (or anyone else here) can see the horde mentality from any other country but your own?
I know why....:rolleyes: :rofl

You are apparently burrying you head in the sand and avoiding the facts.

Originally posted by Chortle
You've said that flying rooks is a utopian ideal who's honour and bravery shine like a beacon from amongst the ugly 12 year old bishops. I've checked the stats but I'm still not convinced.

He sure did...I seen it. again and again and again.

Originally posted by anton
Well dipstick, I Look at the map.

But here is a lil bit of trivia for you to help you understand where my opinion comes from---

I flew Rook for a while before AH2 moved to MA, then my puter couldnt play AH2, but I kept my account open for 3 months hoping for a solution. When no solution could be had, I decided to buy a new system.

When I got my new system I arrived back in MA as a Rook. Flew 2 days w/ rook, always watching map & numbers. Not 1 single time in those 2 days, in morning, noon, or nite, did the Rooks not have a LARGE numbers adavantage.  

After 2 days of racing 7 countrymen to the ONLY con in the sector, Or de-winging a plane at 20k only to see 5 (apparently kill starved)countrymen chase  the carcass to the ground, I got BORED!!!!! REAL BORED!!!!!

I beacame part of the SOLUTION and not part of the PROBLEM

I dont know what the cure to feeble minded players choosing the cakewalk path to undefended bases is. And thats not MY job.
But Its REAL obvious that MANY people are SICK of the constantly lopsided numbers, and SICK of the horde wimps. Many of us long for a game where the outcome is determined by skill, and not just how many people are on 1 side.

I switched from the side w/MOST numbers to the side w/LEAST numbers.  I have taken steps to try to improve the gameplay, have you?

Anton

Now that is respectable!
Salute!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2004, 08:23:37 AM by Mugzeee »