Author Topic: Kerry's CO: "I was lying."  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Kerry's CO: "I was lying."
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2004, 08:28:57 PM »
Lol, the question I asked about him being mature enough was rhetorical really.  As a liberal(same as misguided and misinformed) I knew he was incapapble of admitting a mistake.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline demaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »
The reason kennedy didnt attack nixons, and visa-verse-a,  is because there use to be a thing called Charecter...Somethink the left has lost their grip on, since they decided they didnt know the meaning of IS.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2004, 08:42:55 PM »
Why is this news?  The Boston Globe couldnt have reported any less of the anti-Kerry statements made by the swift boat vets.

Suddenly one guy decides he doesnt want any part of this and its newsworthy?

PS:  The title of your thread, "Kerry's CO: "I was lying."" is rather misleading considering Kerry's CO never said that anywhere in the article that I can find.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2004, 08:51:11 PM »
Liz, a credible source is one with ethics and integrity in reporting. They use multiple sources for fact checking. They do not post stories about BatBoy, 300lb babies, or try to pass op-ed as hard news.

Michael Kranish is a member of the Globe staff, not a freelancer. Yes, he is one of the writers of Kerry's biography. The Globe stands behind the quotes as being on the record and accurate. If they are inaccurate why does'nt George Elliot sue?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2004, 08:53:20 PM »
Originally posted by rpm371
Liz, a credible source is one with ethics and integrity in reporting. They use multiple sources for fact checking. They do not post stories about BatBoy, 300lb babies, or try to pass op-ed as hard news.

Michael Kranish is a member of the Globe staff, not a freelancer. Yes, he is one of the writers of Kerry's biography. The Globe stands behind the quotes as being on the record and accurate. If they are inaccurate why does'nt George Elliot sue?

The author of the article works for Kerry. Imagine how much credibilty you would give to an article written by somebody who works for Bush....

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2004, 08:57:09 PM »
That's like saying Woodward works for Bush.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2004, 09:01:14 PM »

Evidently they aren't using multiple sources to check those facts. But they are using a reporter that works for Kerry to cover Kerry. Out here in the real world we call that bias. :eek:

You call having a reporter cover a guy he works for ethics and integrity? :rofl

In fact, if you have a reporter who works for a candidate covering that race, I'd say that was pretty much passing op-ed for news, bias, and piss poor journalism. I'm sure at some point the editors of the clown who was busted last year for making up his news and plagarism stood behind his stories too. :rolleyes:

Not everyone threatens to sue about everything that someone says. It does however seem to be a constantly recurring theme from the Kerry camp though. But I wouldn't expect less from someone backed by the DNC.:aok
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2004, 09:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
That's like saying Woodward works for Bush.

The "reporter" in question is not only writing the campaign book for Kerry/Edwards, but he also helped write a previous book for/about Kerry.:eek:

I'd call that working for Kerry. He was and is paid to produce text to suit Kerry/Edwards. Last I looked, when you get paid by someone to do something for them, they called that working for them.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2004, 09:35:45 PM »
All I can say is that I have seen an affidavit signed by Mr Elliot, dated tody, that states plainly what his opinion of the matter is.  If that is not good enough for you, then nothing is.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2004, 09:38:22 PM »
Originally posted by Lizking
All I can say is that I have seen an affidavit signed by Mr Elliot, dated tody, that states plainly what his opinion of the matter is.  If that is not good enough for you, then nothing is.

Yes, but if Kerry's paper, the Boston Globe, is not reporting it, it simply cannot be true. After all, RPM said so. And he knows.

SaVaGe

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:49 PM »
Elliot signs a statement. Later says he regrets the wording to a reporter. Story comes out, he realises his fauxpah and makes another affadavit.

That alone does not make the story false. If it is, he should prove it in court.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Lizking

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2004, 09:48:58 PM »
The story in the BG is not the story.  What the story says is what counts, and the  person named in the story repudiated it with a legal document.

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2004, 09:55:11 PM »
Elliot signs a statement. Later says he regrets the wording to a reporter. Story comes out, he realises his fauxpah and makes another affadavit.

That alone does not make the story false. If it is, he should prove it in court.

For crying out loud, must we go to court for everything?:rolleyes:

What are you, president of the trial lawyers association?

What is with the liberal left and freakin lawsuits?

SaVaGe

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2004, 10:14:38 PM »
Originally posted by Wotan
What happens here is the Kerry folks get one of their press buddies to release a an inaccurate story of Elliot recanting, Elliot then comes out and says he never did and ends up looking like a dumb arse stumbling over himself.

This damages Elliot's creditability and diffuses the impact his statements may have made in harming Kerry.

It is just damage control by the left to defend their boy. Its only news to those trads on the left that will run crying "He' s liar"....

Originally posted by Kerry Apologist

Actually it’s probably just as I described it above.

Who are going to believe? Kerry? He is either a liar or a War Criminal. Beyond all doubt he's a liar except to you liberals. He either lied about being a War Criminal or he is a War Criminal. Either way he is still a POS.

Tough choice, what its going to be War Criminal? or Liar?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2004, 10:16:55 PM by Wotan »

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2004, 05:51:35 AM »
Originally posted by Captain Virgil Hilts
Oh this IS funny. Drudge is plenty reliable when I quoted from it to say that Elliott was reported to have recanted his story. But oh dear God it isn't nearly so credible when they also report the opposite. Give me a freakin break.:rofl

Considering the fact that YOU are quoting a reporter that WORKS for KERRY/EDWARDS, you have a long way to go before you start piously talking about your sources vs. those of everyone else.:rolleyes:

I tried to warn you, but you wouldn't listen. Drudge blew it. The reporter was NOT working for Kerry.
From The Boston Globe.

At the same time, Drudge also erroneously reported that Kranish, a 20-year Globe veteran, had written the introduction to a Kerry-authorized campaign book, "Our Plan for America: Stronger at Home, Respected in the World."

In fact, Baron said, Kranish had no connection to the Kerry campaign book and did not write its introduction.

Baron noted that earlier this summer Kranish worked with PublicAffairs -- the publisher of the Boston Globe biography of Kerry, "John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography by the Boston Globe Reporters Who Know Him Best" -- to write a short introduction to a second project: an independent, unauthorized review of publicly available documents dealing with the platform and policy statements of Kerry and Edwards. That project was in no way connected with the Kerry-Edwards campaign, Baron said.

"When PublicAffairs subsequently struck an agreement with the Kerry campaign to do an official campaign book, Kranish's relationship with the project immediately ended," Baron said.

Peter Osnos, publisher of PublicAffairs, said both Drudge and Amazon, the online bookseller peddling the upcoming Kerry-Edwards book, had made a mistake in suggesting Kranish had written its introduction.

"As far as I can tell, if there's any malign intent here, it was someone making Drudge think Michael was somehow doing something for [Kerry's] campaign," Osnos said.

The Globe book, "John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography," is an unauthorized biography. The work draws on extensive interviews with the candidate, all conducted before 2004. After he emerged as the presumptive Democratic nominee, Kerry declined to cooperate with further interviews.

Amazon, the online bookseller, apparently contributed to the confusion with a listing for the Kerry-approved campaign book indicating Kranish as the author. PublicAffairs' officials said yesterday that Amazon had agreed to revise the listing immediately.

Kerry campaign spokesman Michael Meehan said Kranish had no connection to the campaign.

This is a perfect example of why Drudge is not a credible news source.

BTW, In 1996, when Kerry was running for Senate reelection and faced the same questions about the circumstances in which he shot the VC, Elliott came to Boston and defended Kerry, saying he deserved the Silver Star. So either he was lying then or he is lying now.

So Rip, Virgil, Groinhurt and friends, this most prestigious award on the UBB is for you.
Stay thirsty my friends.