Author Topic: boroda  (Read 2341 times)

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
boroda
« on: August 07, 2004, 11:23:13 AM »
you might find some of this interesting reading. declassified docs from us intel on their analysis of soviet-afghani war. http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB57/us.html

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
boroda
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:56:22 AM »
Robert K.`s play ground.
Man, there were some excellent accounts of guerilla warfare in that era.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 12:19:57 PM »
Thanks.

I have friends who served there in different years, from 1980 to maybe 1987, and I rely on their stories. Most of them say that they didn't have such troubles that they see on TV from Iraq :(

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
boroda
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 12:23:35 PM »
Originally posted by Boroda
Thanks.

I have friends who served there in different years, from 1980 to maybe 1987, and I rely on their stories. Most of them say that they didn't have such troubles that they see on TV from Iraq :(

different situation. i know a couple of russians who fought in afghanistan. was very interesting to talk to them about it. posted the link to give you an view of what "the other side" was thinking and hearing about at the time. one thing you can be happy about theres a bunch of murderous bastard chechens who never made it out of afghanistan to come back and murder people in chechnya. ;)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2004, 12:34:06 PM »
Started reading from "The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan: Five Years After". Interesting reading. Seriously.

It's interesting how things have changed. "Shuravi" (Soviet) have been always a good word, a sign of respect, before 1979, and from what we are told on TV (and I take it with a grain of salt) - it is again.

Did your media cover Russian assistance to Northern Alliance in 2001? 201 division built two pontoon bridges over Pianj river to send all armour (mostly old T-55 tanks and BMP-1 familiar to Afghani personell) and supplies requested by Northern Alliance... Our media denied the fact that all that equipment came with Russian "instructors" and "advisors", and it means that there were some, no doubts ;)

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 12:38:17 PM »
Originally posted by anonymous
different situation. i know a couple of russians who fought in afghanistan. was very interesting to talk to them about it. posted the link to give you an view of what "the other side" was thinking and hearing about at the time. one thing you can be happy about theres a bunch of murderous bastard chechens who never made it out of afghanistan to come back and murder people in chechnya. ;)

Sure ;)

BTW, several "Russian citizens" were transferred from Guantanamo to Russia to be trialed in Russian courts about half-year ago IIRC. That's a good example of cooperation in a "war on terrorism".

OTOH look at this: http://www.mosnews.com/news/2004/08/06/ilyas.shtml

Double standards?... :rolleyes:

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
boroda
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 01:18:29 PM »
Started reading from "The Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan: Five Years After". Interesting reading. Seriously.

It's interesting how things have changed. "Shuravi" (Soviet) have been always a good word, a sign of respect, before 1979, and from what we are told on TV (and I take it with a grain of salt) - it is again.

Did your media cover Russian assistance to Northern Alliance in 2001? 201 division built two pontoon bridges over Pianj river to send all armour (mostly old T-55 tanks and BMP-1 familiar to Afghani personell) and supplies requested by Northern Alliance... Our media denied the fact that all that equipment came with Russian "instructors" and "advisors", and it means that there were some, no doubts ;)

us media didnt cover it because they arent really "keeping up with world wide events" more "report on disaster or scandal of the day". but plenty of fighters in west knew about it and russian heavy weapon really aided northern alliance. and thats not double standards its bullsheet and a big mistake. no way that guy should get off. but read closely us govt against it mass court is one that granted him a break.

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 02:13:56 PM »

I wonder what was in the "blank spaces" of that document.

I know that US media usually doesn't pay attention to anything but American affairs, but in this case I find it strange: Russians really helped, the "troops" equipped and (probably ;)) trained by them did most of the job in defeating Taliban - and it's an American victory in the media...

As for Akhmadov - he's a known terrorist, and I don't understand why that Mass court gave him asylum... It's one of the drawbacks of "democratic" system: when some individual in charge has problems with common sence - everything gets f@#ked up :(

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
boroda
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 02:41:08 PM »

I wonder what was in the "blank spaces" of that document.

I know that US media usually doesn't pay attention to anything but American affairs, but in this case I find it strange: Russians really helped, the "troops" equipped and (probably ;)) trained by them did most of the job in defeating Taliban - and it's an American victory in the media...

As for Akhmadov - he's a known terrorist, and I don't understand why that Mass court gave him asylum... It's one of the drawbacks of "democratic" system: when some individual in charge has problems with common sence - everything gets f@#ked up :(

newer equipment was often russian for northern alliance. training before coalition got there most was left over from pakis training warlord friendly to us and uk when they fighting you guys. cold war manners made it so uk and us pm operators only rarely directly train muj they had to train pakis and pakis then train muj. not like pakis always need the help they have some great operators of their own. after coalition get there training mainly composed of basic combat medic for everyone who didnt have it and basic fo skills but main emphasis was on staying out of way so they didnt get confused with atf units and get jdam'd. when it came down to combat skill like tactical move and tactical shoot they basically did what they have always done. if anything killed al qaeda and atf it was c4i that didnt exist when you guys were fighting them and all coalition being near top effectiveness at night they were lacking in nods and all but tier one al quaeda lacking in heavily nighttime tactical experience. also jdams and combat mobility killed them. if russians had same gear and same c4i would have been much easier to pin down enemy when russians fighting there. keep in mind that tier one al qaeda some were former soviet special operations and sometimes even former soviet special operations cadre. not russians but chechen and some others. so they know combat skills as well as anybody. but they out of loop on new western c4i. theyd have fallback position prepared that would have hacked it against eighties or nineties cas but with jdam they getting pegged while falling back eight hundred meters at night. leave position cover three hundred meters and whappo they eating a jdam. all but a few had no idea how vulnerable they were at night i think. c4i also helped set up landing zone for helos that were mg free which is something you guys never had in eighties. also you know afghanis as soon as tide started to turn no small # of warlords previously with atf only because they controlled food and villages of warlords home area began coming over to northern alliance. pretty quickly it became diehard atf and al quada only against coalition and a couple of very aggressive pro coalition warlord. so once majority of countryside not against coalition and they still hating al qaeda foreigner life became almost impossible for taliban and al qaeda. taliban really fediddleed it up they offered couple hundred million a year in cash to secure pipelines for west if they hand over al qaeda and they said no. dumb move especially because they went down covering for foreigner who didnt really give a damn about them and only jumped in to fight russians after majority of hard fighting was over.

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 05:26:51 PM »
Most of them say that they didn't have such troubles that they see on TV from Iraq  

ROFLMAO

Funny Boroda, you are one funny yet deluded tard.

Didnt have troubles in Afghanistan!  Yup, that is why they were so successful and today can call it a Russian Republic.   Tell me about other great successes!!!!

Geez, does the light of the reality lamp ever make it throught your dirty glasses?

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
boroda
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2004, 11:38:22 PM »
If a blind man's glasses are dirty does it really make a difference?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Boroda

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 09:31:07 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
ROFLMAO

Funny Boroda, you are one funny yet deluded tard.

Didnt have troubles in Afghanistan!  Yup, that is why they were so successful and today can call it a Russian Republic.   Tell me about other great successes!!!!

Geez, does the light of the reality lamp ever make it throught your dirty glasses?

dago

I wonder for how long I'll tolerate some intellectually challenged individuals calling me a "tard"?... :rolleyes:

You have no idea of what was going on in Afghanistan since 1973, and you try to make conclusions about things that you not only don't know but simply can't imagine and unable to understand at all. From your post I see that you are clueless about Central Asian political history and current situation (just as 99% of your compatriots). You also know nothing about political system of Russian Empire and Soviet Union.

Guess who deserves a honorable title of a "deluded tard"?.. :rolleyes:

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
boroda
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 10:46:34 AM »
Tell me then Boroda, tell me of the great Russian victories in Afghanistan.  Tell me that Russia didn't pull out with it's tail between it's legs.  Tell me that your troops weren't continually ambushed and killed.

Then tell me what Russia has been doing in Afghanistan up until the USA came in and kicked the snot outta the Taliban.  

Tell me about all the Russian occupiers who must have still be there to greet them, as you must have still had a controlling force there since you had no troubles.

Please, find some leftover communist propaganda rag from the 70s that tells of the great and glorious victories over the capatalist pigs or filty mongrels.  :rofl

Someday, you will be exposed to more truths than you know existed, more realities than right now you can conceive, and on that day you will be dizzy with confusion and angry with the betrayal you will feel.  I pity you that day, and rejoice in the hope you will see that day.

dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline anonymous

• Silver Member
boroda
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dago
Tell me then Boroda, tell me of the great Russian victories in Afghanistan.  Tell me that Russia didn't pull out with it's tail between it's legs.  Tell me that your troops weren't continually ambushed and killed.

Then tell me what Russia has been doing in Afghanistan up until the USA came in and kicked the snot outta the Taliban.  

Tell me about all the Russian occupiers who must have still be there to greet them, as you must have still had a controlling force there since you had no troubles.

Please, find some leftover communist propaganda rag from the 70s that tells of the great and glorious victories over the capatalist pigs or filty mongrels.  :rofl

Someday, you will be exposed to more truths than you know existed, more realities than right now you can conceive, and on that day you will be dizzy with confusion and angry with the betrayal you will feel.  I pity you that day, and rejoice in the hope you will see that day.

dago

actually russian combat troops were superior to muj almost every time they met. it was training of muj to focus on hit and run warfare against supply column and support and rear echelon that made russians leave because cost of securing all soft target was not worth it. theres a good book called charlie wilsons war that explain in great detail us and uk support of soviet-afghani conflict. its new book and has information in it recently cleared under foia.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
boroda
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 11:05:23 AM »
Gee Dago.. your so proud.. Why do you make it personnal against Boroda? Why do you make fun of the Russian/Afgan war?

Then tell me what Russia has been doing in Afghanistan up until the USA came in and kicked the snot outta the Taliban. Dago

LoL.. Your so ignorant you cant even realize that these two events you speak of in no way compair. Had Russia or China supported the Taliban like the US supported Afganistan, the US would still be there dying..

You wanna compare wars, compare VN and Russia's Afganistan..

Someday, you will be exposed to more truths than you know existed, more realities than right now you can conceive, and on that day you will be dizzy with confusion and angry with the betrayal you will feel. I pity you that day, and rejoice in the hope you will see that day. Dago

This statement screams ironic!

hopefully all of us have this day.. Because none of us has seen it yet..