Author Topic: Kerry: Invading Iraq was the right thing to do, even without WMD  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Kerry: Invading Iraq was the right thing to do, even without WMD
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 12:23:49 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Pongo Kerry is not a centrist, his 20 year record as one of the most left wing people in the senate is enought evidence of that.  Thats one of the reasons he spends so little time focusing on what really should be the center of his campaign - his 20 years of experience in the senate.  I think he's trying to pull the wool over voters eyes about his record so peaple can thin k he is a centrist.

Specifically about Iraq. I think we are in Iraq no matter what for a long time, good bar or otherwise.

Why Kerry feels the need to change his stance about the war every few months is beyond me. This basic dishonesty is why I dont like him.  He was the 20 year senator who voted against every key weapons sytem in use today and voted to cut CIA funding  who now poses himself as a national security candidate based on his 4 monts of swit service on vietnam.  THe guy is basically dishonest about himself to himself and everyone else, which really scares me.

You didnt answer my question. you just babbled. He has no choice but voice support for the war. For the reasons I have explained to you twice and you have ignored twice. Lets drop this one and chock it up to your increadable open mindedness.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 12:25:03 PM »
Pongo, Kerry has the most liberal voting record in the Senate...Centrist? LMAO!  I guess they don't teach American political science in Canaduh?  Damn good troll though, you even got me nibbling on that one ;)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 12:27:22 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
LOL - please step away from the crack pipe

Nope- he's for the war this week after he was against it last week and before he is against it again next week

my goodness - must be good dope in Europe and Canada this time of year - LOL

As apposed to yourself who is always for it. You just change the reasons why when last weeks reason is revealed as a lie.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 12:31:34 PM »
Pongo I answered your question.

"Specifically about Iraq. I think we are in Iraq no matter what for a long time, good bar or otherwise."

Thats an obvious reality isnt it?

What isnt so mobvious is why Kerry is so consitently dishonest about his record and his stance of the war..

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 12:32:40 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
As apposed to yourself who is always for it. You just change the reasons why when last weeks reason is revealed as a lie.

Kerry said the war was OK WMD or not. Please Pongo, let it go...

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2004, 12:35:49 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo

have never changed my belief Iraq was the best next move in the terror war  - the dems and libs are the majority of the side switchers

it isn't about Iraq,  
Iraq is just the latest most handy excuse for the haters of Bush to try to remove him & his admin  from office with help from the likes of your mentor, moore-on
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Adogg

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2004, 01:27:50 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler

my goodness - must be good dope in ... Canada this time of year - LOL

But of course. There's good dope in Canada year round. Hydroponics yannow.?

In all seriousness though I like the post that referred to the economics of the presidency.

Who ever is in has only moderate control over the economy and the real impact is felt only in the following decade or so.

Oh sure - there's occasional Fug-ups and interventions that have real impact but in the long term but for the most part its pissing in the wind. Congress has the real budgetary power.

Bush didn't do a good job on the deficit for one simple reason - he spent on war and cut taxes. I don't care what math you use the stimulous effect of the tax cuts was misplaced and won't cover the cost of the war  and security spending his term has generated.

What I find amazing though is that Americans spend so much time pointing fingers. Every democratic presidential candidate in recent memory has been accused of the flip flop. Every Republican president has flip-flopped on something at some point.

Duh. They're both politicians, which means when they aren't kissing babies (or interns) they're stealing their lollipops (or virtue).

Bush and Kerry - I wouldn't trust either one. But mercifully I don't have to choose between them.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 01:46:05 PM »
So Now Kerry is not a centrist but the most liberal man in the senate!
16 of the 19 years he was in the senate he voted for the Pentagons funding but he is the most liberal man in the sentate.
How do you debate such dishonest idiocy.

My resonse to the thread topic stands. No reply from GH or any of his host of suporters other then GH saying "of course we are staying in Iraq right or wrong" which if it does anything supports my resonse to this thread.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »
It will take a decade at least and much longer then that to pay off the deficits that Bush ran.
====
so which is it?  a decade at least or much longer?  sounds like you been listenin to too much kerry pongo.

and lets not forget the way the government operates regarding deficits and budgets.  Congress, both houses, put the $$ amount on the check, the president signs the check.  They are a team and must work together to fail or succeed.  I always love this time of the poilitical season watching the two kids rant and rave about how the other is to blame when the system requires them both to cooperate to pass any budget or law.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 01:54:38 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2004, 02:06:17 PM »
Have you become so left wing that you actually consider Keery a centrist?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2004, 02:07:07 PM »
The economic damage,

Specifically what economic damage?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 02:09:33 PM »
If Kerry babbles how much he is against the war

He's already done that.  another flip flop
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2004, 02:50:47 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Have you become so left wing that you actually consider Keery a centrist?

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Speak up Kerry
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2004, 02:57:31 PM »
We all see what Bush is doing......some like it, some don't.

I wish Kerry would tell us WHAT HE WILL DO...I mean concretely....display a plan with steps....

More lines like, " roll up our sleeves and dig into the problem..." and I will vomit.

Just tell us how you will do it John.....or can't you stick to the plan long enough to publish it?
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2004, 03:09:43 PM »
He has no choice but voice support for the war.

Your kidding Pongo ... right ?

Well ... he had a choice when voicing his support for the Vietnam War ... back in the day ... why not now ?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."