Author Topic: Metallica: "What a bunch of pansies"  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Preon1

• Nickel Member
Metallica: "What a bunch of pansies"
« on: August 13, 2004, 07:20:20 AM »
Metallica gets group therapy

Most bands, when they start to suck, just break up or fade away.  Not Metallica.  These guys stare mediocrity in the face...  and go straight to therapy.  What the f***?!  They seriously should have died in a plane crash in the mid 90's when people still thought they were good.  I wouldn't wish this slow miserable decline on any celebrity figure.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 07:22:23 AM »
but they are so talented
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline IK0N

• Copper Member
Re: Metallica: "What a bunch of pansies"
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 07:54:10 AM »
Originally posted by Preon1
Metallica gets group therapy

Most bands, when they start to suck, just break up or fade away.  Not Metallica.  These guys stare mediocrity in the face...  and go straight to therapy.  What the f***?!  They seriously should have died in a plane crash in the mid 90's when people still thought they were good.  I wouldn't wish this slow miserable decline on any celebrity figure.

Sounds like you are the one who should received the therapy, wishing that they had died in a plane crash...
 But I guess you have personal experience with having many platinum albums?

IKON

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 08:08:09 AM »
nothing wrong with metallica.... their latest album took some getting used to tho.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 08:27:57 AM »
They have sucked since Justice....nuff said.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 09:05:36 AM »
what???? you mean to say that guys with arms the size if hot dogs and hair that is done by farrah faccet's hairdresser wearing halter tops and eye shadow and lipstick are...... pansies?

lazs

Offline schizer

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 09:07:28 AM »
Originally posted by narsus

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 09:08:47 AM »
Originally posted by narsus

ditto, I don't event want to hear that last one... it might make me cry.
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 09:20:37 AM »
I havnt liked Metallica for a while.  There music used to rock now it just sounds tired.  They need to just retire.  I've heard some of their newer stuff and it just sounds like crappy rewrites of their old stuff.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 09:24:06 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
what???? you mean to say that guys with arms the size if hot dogs and hair that is done by farrah faccet's hairdresser wearing halter tops and eye shadow and lipstick are...... pansies?

lazs

lol...winner.:aok
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2004, 10:33:50 AM »
Metallica changed music forever with Master of Puppets. They pry did it before with Kill Em All, and Ride the Lightning, but for sake of argument, in 1986, Laz's hotdog arm hairspray bands were still growing out their hair.

The "winner" is actually being in your late 30's and being a multi-millionaire, rich enough not to care, and to do what ever you want, because you have been headbanging for a decade, again, because you can.

Laz would have both legs, no biker chick warts, and a Benz if he was born rich and 38. Ain't the whole road a ride.

This music lesson is over. Discuss.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2004, 11:53:27 AM »
What does it say about a person who interjects in a thread with a negative coment for the purposes of unvieling his ignorance of the subject matter?

Metallica began to go down hill in my opinion because the man in the band with the innovation and motive died. If you notice in JFA, the first album without Burton, there is a persistant and loud double kick-drum beating from Lars. This was, in my opinion, an attempt to compensate for the loss of the bong rattling bass riffs that Cliff had previously provided. Cliff's departure was also noticable in the lyrical department. They regained some focus and made the black album. It was better than JFA, but they had stopped evolving, and they didn't seem to know how to get back in the race. Every subsequent album has been more or less a revisitation to garage days.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 12:03:43 PM »
wow....you guys take your Metallica pretty seriously.  

"Don't mess with Metallica dude...they..like...ROCK man."

lol
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2004, 12:07:38 PM »
Hey..Rock N' Rollr's rarely makes it to middle age..

The ones that do(eg Rush..Mettalica..Rolling Stones....etc) are the reasons you have a CD collection.

And yes..Most of these dudes sought therapy at some point.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 01:21:07 PM »
Try to find a copy of the Download Festival bootleg. It was actually entertaining considering Lars was in hospital and guest drummers stepped in on a moments notice to fill in. Dave Lombardo was awesome, made Metallica actually play like they did back in the day.

I was laughing outloud listening to Joey of Slipkniot try to play all the Metallica fills, comedy gold. When in doubt doublebass to keep the beat.