Author Topic: The Counter  (Read 787 times)

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
The Counter
« on: August 18, 2004, 07:25:38 PM »
would like to talk about counters to attack moves people use to rack up thier kills.
  first off let me say a superior pilot will be those who think ahead of their opponent and can spot what i like to call the "big set up
".
 if your fighting someone who uses a certain set of particular moves repeatedly, take for instance the "vultures" who will come into your base sometimes one, two, three, or four at a time like packs of wolves, that are there for one perpose.

one particular instance of this is. i see a base under attack so i go to investigate.  first look around outside the tower, is it clear?
i notice a 109, 190, tiffy whatever! chewing up some friendly players by useing one of many techniques that are prevalent to dog fighting.  we'll use the old rope trick, seen it, done it, not following ya! im gonna make you come to me and im gonna get ya low and slow.

people stop playing into these traps, your only giveing them more kills! use your head, hes fast, higher umm don't take a rocket scientist to figure out who has advantage. happened to me the other day, 109 chewing up some rookie pilots, one 109 killed 7 other players before i killed him, and it was not an easy task i assure you, he just kept doing the same move, over and over and over again on me.

come in with a little alt advantage on six, i wait, i turn, he shoots misses becuase i got under his nose makeing him pull "E" and then back up he go's again all the while he's gonna get lower. i watch him he does it again and so on, meanwhile the guys that got vulched are sitting on the runway watching him and i go at it, danced around with him. i wear him out and catch him in the face because he got impatient or he gives up and runs because i tied him up, for long enough for the calverily to come. no what plane to up also, dont take something thats heavy and doesnt take off in a hurry. i like the spit 9 or a 5 for defence.

multiple planes, ill up a flacker if i cant see anyway of uppin and not get vulched. rather kill 4-5 of you before you kill one of me.
somepeople will just up and up and up and get vulched and vulched and vulched.

i guess now i fully understand now what the saying in here means. "degradation of the ma".
i also know that i may piss alot of people off when they read this post, because thier way of fighting may be the only thing they love about this game or are good at. but that was not the intent i went for when writeing this. for some players, that is the way they play for reasons that are thier buisness, but you are not fully experianceing the true thrill of a real good fight  to me is only fun when i finnaly plant you in the ground, because i outsmarted you, not just how many times i killed you useing the same tyred old tactic's that you know im expecting.

may work on the rookies but im getting smarter and im telling all the new guys dont be fooled, use your head, and fly smart.

o and stop requesting to join me unless you specifically asked me and got a reply on text please. i may be actually in combat when you flash that big box in front of my face. and i forget what the text is to turn it off, or forget to  type it everytime i log on.

p.s. may contain alot of spelling errors, punctuations, and capitolization defect's, but those of you who know me, know i cant spell, nor care about correctness in here anyways.
as long as you can read it, thats all i care about.

anyone else that knows counters to specific moves please post.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The Counter
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 08:36:24 PM »
Ya know, I'm gonna sound like a big dweeb, but back when I first started playing, and was spending hours and hours on it, I kept a scratch pad and made notes on this kinda stuff. Playing until 3 am was a necessity.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
The Counter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 08:37:48 PM »
"stop requesting to join me unless you specifically asked me and got a reply on text please. i may be actually in combat when you flash that big box in front of my face. and i forget what the text is to turn it off, or forget to type it everytime i log on. "

you can disable join requests? How?

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
The Counter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 08:41:11 PM »
Originally posted by kj714
Ya know, I'm gonna sound like a big dweeb, but back when I first started playing, and was spending hours and hours on it, I kept a scratch pad and made notes on this kinda stuff. Playing until 3 am was a necessity.

DUHWEEEEB!

been there :D
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
The Counter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 10:00:17 PM »
Originally posted by kj714

you can disable join requests? How?

try this dot command:

.showjoin    (Toggles .join requests from popups to msg bar)

Aces High II Trainer Corps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
The Counter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:02:25 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
try this dot command:

.showjoin    (Toggles .join requests from popups to msg bar)

thanks

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The Counter
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 10:17:03 PM »
Show them your 6 and they will take the bait every time. ;)

They'll die for it.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
The Counter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 10:19:52 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
Show them your 6 and they will take the bait every time. ;)

They'll die for it.

its like dangleing live bait, then snagging them in a reverse trap;)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Counter
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 11:07:17 PM »
Originally posted by 68DevilM

i notice a 109, 190, tiffy whatever! chewing up some friendly players by useing one of many techniques that are prevalent to dog fighting.  we'll use the old rope trick, seen it, done it, not following ya! im gonna make you come to me and im gonna get ya low and slow.

The rope is a very sweet maneuver when pulled off precisely, not sure if this is what Morpheus meant by showing them your 6, they'll take the bait.

but, Most times when I see and pick up on a  bogey trying to rope me, and he keeps at it more than once, I try to fake him out, by intentionally making it look like I stalled out and my nose drops. granted it doesn't work everytime, but more often then not, I will sucker them into diving for me thinking they will have an easy pickin, then cause them to blow right by me, because of the fake I retained enough E to break turn/reverse out of his way yet am able to hold my alt with out much lose.  For the more advanced flyers, they will most likely know if it is a fake or not , but sometimes you will be able to catch them with their tongue hanging out drooling for the easy kill as well,  never give up always be agressive offensively and defensively, the ride isn't over until someone is sent back to the tower by means of teleportion!
:D

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline SFCHONDO

• Silver Member
The Counter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004, 12:08:21 AM »
I am by know means mister ace pilot. As you stated in your post fly smart. That is what I try to do, Fly smarter than them, since I can't outfly all of them. I try to use the advantages of the aircraft I am flying and exploit the disadvantages of the aircraft I am fighting. Not all pilots or planes are equal. Use your equipment to it's best potential.

Love it when I kill certain people in there LALA's or what ever ride thier in and 1st thing you hear is some lame excuse on 200 as to why they died. (Warper, Cheater, Had to wait till I was engaged, or some other crap. Makes me laugh when these so called adults act this way) Sure they may be better than me, but apparently there not all smarter than me. :)  Why on God's green earth would I go into a fight if I don't think I have the advantage. Isn't that a huge part of dogfighting? Having the advantage, and making your oponent fight your fight. Not you go in there and let them make you fight there's. This isn't the DA, there are no rules as to how I have to kill the enemy. Only rule I know is: kill them, and try to live. Do this till it's time to RTB and land safely.

So if you can't outfly em, at least try to outsmart them. Doesn't always work, but it sure is fun when it does. :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 12:13:04 AM by SFCHONDO »
        HONDO
DENVER BRONCOS    

Retired from AH

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
The Counter
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 02:11:53 PM »
i just think its funny how these rookie pilots will pick up a trick like the rope and thats all they know, so youll just keep burning him and hell keep comeing back for more, they must think that it will work against anyone.

word to the wise, if he isnt going for the bait try a different approach:aok

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
The Counter
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 03:49:52 PM »
No I didnt mean the rope, but it is fun to do.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
The Counter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »
i love pretending to be roped...
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
The Counter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 07:23:19 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
i love pretending to be roped...

had a 109 try to keep ropeing me, tonight i mean we must have climbed up to 15k, all the while im in a spit 9 that i know could preety much keep up with his 109.

he just kept going high and higher trying to get me to kill all of my "E".

i dont think so buddie, he finnaly got frustrated and tryed a split "S" big mistake.

nailed him just as i ran out of gas. lol

typed on 200 and told him to get some new moves

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
The Counter
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2004, 08:38:35 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
No I didnt mean the rope, but it is fun to do.

I mixed up what I was refering you too Morph,  the lower part of my post is what I was refering to your post, about showing 6 and they take the bait, as in fooling the ropers to believe they have roped you.

but yes a nice rope maneuver is fun when executed properly.:)