Author Topic: WB3.0 is going to support HW T&L! HTC, pay attention.  (Read 593 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
WB3.0 is going to support HW T&L! HTC, pay attention.
« on: October 27, 1999, 10:42:00 AM »
 I looked at the Nvidia page and WB3.0 is on the list of games that will support hardware T&L of their GeForce (and other upcoming cards) through DirectX 7 API.

According to the poll quite a few people will have GeForce or comparable card by as early as February. More will get it if they have things to run on it.

Make your own conclusions, but I opened account with WB when they came up with 3-D version, before that I was playing off-line for 6 months.

miko--

TT

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 1999, 10:51:00 AM »
 I concluded that 2 bucks an hour was a rip off.

In beta AH is a better game than WB.

-Ireg-

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 1999, 12:07:00 PM »
Lol, AH better than WB in the moment, lol.

TT you made my day! This is the best joke of this week till now, thx. Lol

------------------

Offline Curly

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 1999, 01:10:00 PM »

You mean the horrendously funny warps, the hilariously hideous delays and the many posts by the few staunch WB pile-its posting on AGW to all the folks leaving to not "let the door hit you in the bellybutton on your way out..."  jokes have been dethroned???

<tunes TV to the Weather Channel to check the temperature in Hell>

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 1999, 01:40:00 PM »
Keep on DREAMING about WB 3.0,its the only place you will ever see it. iEN`s on the fast track to oblivion.

------------------
}]

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 1999, 01:48:00 PM »
Hey guys, lets not get into that.  To each his own.  

Hi Ireg, good to see you again.  I was starting to think you got that anti-AH obsession treated.  It's nice to catch a glimpse of you peeking through the window again.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

aircat

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 1999, 02:20:00 PM »
/hmmmm how to put this lightly....

WB will always have a place in the gaming industry... they will be able to flood thier rooms in 2 ways....

1: advertise it as "Quake in the air"

2: renaming the game to "Quake birds"

and they will gain great views by those who know no better.

TT

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 1999, 02:53:00 PM »
  Bingo eXtreme. That was a german plane, wasnt it?

Sorry pyro. I just hadda do it

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 1999, 02:59:00 PM »
Pyro,

AH is a great job and a fun sim. Good FM etc.
The price is great so far too. :> )

But, it's too bad your supporters feel the
need to kick at another sim in order to "prove" how great AH is.

This back biting crap, that you asked to stop is like "Organized Religion", which gives God a bad name.

Imho, AH stands up just fine on it's own
legs, and doesn't require name calling of
WB or its' players. WarBirds is still a great
sim and so is Aces High. And hopefully BOTH
will continue to grow. imho, there is room
for both.

Why people feel the need to insult is beyond
me. Pyro, I wish you and AH well. I'll keep
flying as long as the company remains fun and
courteous to be around.

You can try and shoot my butt off in the virtual, but please leave me alone in the "RL". Unless you have something nice to say.

Chappy O&O

------------------
Chaplain 401 RCAF Rams

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 1999, 03:09:00 PM »
The only difference between WB and AH at this time i can see is a planeset. As soon as Pyro knocks out 50 more planes iEN's grave will be ready.

I think that work that HTC did on b17 gunners is a great example of the level of accuracy and their love for the subject they work on. 0.36 is a great step in a right direction.

Add some more planes and the crowd will come.

Pyro - did T1 ever get put in place ?
I'm amazed at great connects i get comapred to WB...

------------------

Bartlomiej Rajewski
S/L fd-ski Sq. 303 (Polish) "Kosciuszko" RAF
   www.raf303.org  

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 1999, 03:51:00 PM »
Jedi;

Speaketh to us Jedi...

Telleth all WB'ers or AH'ers, and make it so....

Now we haveth WB-Dweebs and AH-Dweebs...

And is this good?

Mino

aircat

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 1999, 04:20:00 PM »
my comments are not directed as an assult on the pilots of Brand "W". but rather a diresction it is going as a product. I have been flying in WBs for a "Fair share" I loved it at first but then came a lot of problems. very few of those problems are being fixed. and some others are being made worse. to mention but a few of the problems.

1: grafix: to hell with the lower level computers make them own a PIII-450 TnT2 just to play it.

2: unrealistic flight model (even in "Full realism flight mode").

3: we are going to charge yestardays prices for ever (yes they have dropped in the past but is now stagnet).

4: we will upgrade but not in most of the places needed.

5: we will start rumors ourselves then say "two weeks" as to when. (atleast HTC isnt making promises that they wont try to keep nor are they saying exactly when, yes they missed the 190 but they said they was only going to TRY for next update)

I will not say AH is with out problems. but we have 2 dreamers kicking tail that want the sim as bad as the players. (iEN is worried about thier pocket books rather then something they have intrest in (or atleast it seems this way)

Offline Kats

• Zinc Member
      • http://jg27.org
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 1999, 04:23:00 PM »
I agree with fd-ski to a point. Of course AH has alot of polishing to do and planes etc etc. I thought the buff gunnery system AH dreamed up is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time! good one.

I can tell you one thing right now. IF AH makes a terrain editor, You can guarrantee 500 subscriptions the same day from the S3 crew at WB. For us "MA'd to death crowd" it sure would be a big deal.

I still like WB though, and haven't joined the "hope they drop dead crowd". Guys like Jay and HS seem pretty cool. Like anything else, I'll just play where I like it the best - I really don't care who the guys involved are, if they kiss my bellybutton or hate my guts - excellence get's my dollar, period.

-Ireg-

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 1999, 04:36:00 PM »
Hi Pyro!

Sure I will have a look to AH from time to time. I'm too curious what you will do this time with the FW190  

Ok, to be serious. It would be nice if you would say your supporters that they stop smashing WB to increase the glory of AH. Guys  like weazel or TT can get their daily kick by me when ever they seem to need it. If they need to smash WB to let AH shine, there seems to be nothing good enough to speak about. AH seems not so hopeless to me that you always need comparisons.  

Btw. I really like some of your ideas in AH, so sad you never had the time or resources to bring them up in WB.  

aircat

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 1999, 05:15:00 PM »
dont get me wrong..... Im just listing things as viewed from posts by players (I bailed long ago due to price)

as for them finding time and resources, its easier when you call the shots and not some corp. board telling you what ave. to take.

everything out on the market people will apply what value they feel it has. some are just harder to please.

WBs is or was a trend setter. thats great! but sometimes trend setters get stuck in a rut.

as far as us attacking WBs. to me atleast it seems that this post in the first place was to place a bomb in this beta. many have came in yelling how great thiers was or will be. as far as grafix in WB 3.0, sheesh this is only 0.36! give time to make the game work before adding on all the trimmings. you want to see what corparations do to deadlining a beta go look at Red Baron 3d... I was one of those who tested it and they rushed it out before it was realy working. they got in eye candy and said heck with the other parts, christmas is comming soon!