Author Topic: Killing Chutes, P-51's and the tears as big as horse turds falling down your cheeks  (Read 1320 times)

Offline Hokum79

• Zinc Member
Funny how chute killers have to find good reasons to do this. What is your problem boys? Have to find legitimate reasons for having a quick moment where you can feel your power on the enemy, moments you are desperately seeking for in RL (TM)?
 Only to say that I don't like chute-killers. Only because I don't like those who attack unarmed people, but that's only MHO.

------------------

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
If you dont want to be shot in your shoot, dont bail.  If you bail, expect to be shot.  I dont shoot chutes but the only reason is that I dont want to waste ammo.

Frankly, these threads are inspiring me to change that habit and take it up as a game sport.

Any tips from the long time chute shooters?

Offline sling322

• Gold Member

Originally posted by Hokum79:
Funny how chute killers have to find good reasons to do this. What is your problem boys? Have to find legitimate reasons for having a quick moment where you can feel your power on the enemy, moments you are desperately seeking for in RL (TM)?
 Only to say that I don't like chute-killers. Only because I don't like those who attack unarmed people, but that's only MHO.

If you're unarmed....how do you fly the plane?  Or pull the ripcord when ya jump?  

------------------
Sling322
Not a Monitor!
Fat Drunk "Chute Shooting" Bastards

Offline TRiMmer

• Copper Member
LOL SOB,

You dug into the archives...this thread is great; but ya know, shoot the chute or don't...just fly and have fun.  (rarely do myself, but have done it... )

See You Up,

trm

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
Ban Creamo and/or don't pack a chute if ya do count to five thousand before you pull the rip cord.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Ive died way more often hitting the ground cutting it too close then I ever have from chute shooting. By a factor of about 10.
Torque. come back

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
wow long thread didn't read it all so if this is repetitive sorry  

just wanted to toss in the fact that there are eye witness accounts of German pilots shooting up chutes.  
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Hokum79

• Zinc Member
It reminds me the French Ace Pierre Clostermann answering a journalist:
"-journalist: We have been told that some pilots were killed while chuting. Is that true?
-Pierre: You know, there are always people trying to make war more horrible than it is..
-Then there were?
-Yes there were. On every sides."

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
 Hehe..old thread I can see...but I have to interject my opinion. In war, real war, there is no such thing as Honor when it comes to killing your fellow man. Its a nasty, brutal fact. Some SOB just got through turning your friend into a pile of mush beside you and all you want is some bloody payback. He's sitting there begging for his life after killing your friend whom you know has a wife,kids etc... so you promply put a round through his head and move on... the back of the head because you dont wont to remember faces, screw him.

NOW... THIS is a game... it IS NOT WAR. Its like a baseball game, rugby, football, soccor etc. You act with civility and decency as this is taking place in a CIVIL enviroment
NOT a battlefield. People who thank otherwise need to see the horror and tears in a frontline vets face if he ever has to much to drink and decides to talk about what they saw ....

Batdog... out.

P.S. Besides why shoot a chute...  I never get to bail... look for a miss flown 38,hellcat or even a c205.  

[This message has been edited by batdog (edited 04-06-2001).]
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org

Originally posted by Torque:
Ban Creamo and/or don't pack a chute if ya do count to five thousand before you pull the rip cord.

Torque you old b*stard, where ya been?

Miss winging with/against ya.

Git yer big hairy bellybutton back in the MA!

------------------
"ASSASSINS have BIGGER Joysticks!"

<< MILENKO >>
ACES HIGH ASSASSINS Website
WB/AH ASSASSINS Website

lazs

creamo... revolvers don't have "clips" and german pilots did shoot at chutes... other than that i would agree with what you say.

This is a game or it is war... either way... To kill the cowardly bailer is both moraly correct and good game tactics.   with the idiotic perk system, killing chutes is mandatory.   If you don't... the same timid coward who is ruining gameplay will be back up that much sooner in an even more cowardly perk plane.

Killing suicide buff bailers who is both pleasing and character building but, you have to wait till they allmost hit the ground (best in any case).

when someone flys a risk free course in a risk free plane (or group of em) running away at the first sign (real or imagined) of any slight disadvantage... Yeah... if he blows it and has to hit the silk... it is mandatory to kill his chute.  
lazs