Author Topic: post here your funniest death on AH  (Read 3148 times)

funked

post here your funniest death on AH
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »
Everybody knows about mine.  

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2000, 04:58:00 PM »

Originally posted by funked:
Everybody knows about mine.    

I don't   plz tell it  

funked

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2000, 04:58:00 PM »
Udie can tell it better.  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2000, 05:17:00 PM »
I'm with you Nate...  

It was a long fight.. it seemed like every time I'd finish up on one target; another would hop my six. We're near the canyons; and the fight started near their field. My bold attacks quicky degrade into a long fighting retreat. I've pancaked three guys against the wall on the way and I've managed to snake my way back to the mouth of the ditch on my side, hotly pursued almost the entire way..

I'm finally clear for a moment, look around see no baddies; clear the radar picture, and update my SA, then; right on cue, two more bandits roar over the ridge and start down hot fer my scalp. Glad as I was to see my field; I had to reverse back into the canyon on the deck to use the terrain.

The first guy down on me lost his wings before he could fire a shot, the second; being a mite more crafty; starts a a rope-a-dope set of hi-low passes, and really starts to rip me up one small piece at a time. 5 blazing passes he makes with gobs of 'e', and I fly the pony like a spit driver caught outside the acks; yankin and bankin and screamin like a little girl. "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL P!"

Close to helpless; hammered senesless, I'm really hugging the dirt while nursing an oil smokin engine; missing the rudder; half an elev, a flap, an aileron, and the bastid has even managed to prang my right side gear and guns. The fargin damage report is a litinay in red.

I'm snapping my views around, looking for the guy to come back down and deliver the cue de gras when over the radio comes "yer frakin lucky I ran outta ammo hang..."

Stunned; relived; overjoyed, I reach down to type 'nyahhhh yah" or some other such brilliant witticisim.. and crumple into the canyon floor. *WHUMP* chuf.chuff.chuff. Engine out now; the pancaked pony is back in the air; staggering along at about 25 feet high. "By god she BOUNCED!" The brutalized pony ain't goin very fast.. mebbe I can salvage a ditch... I stuggle with the useless controls, banging rudder pedals that arn't connected to anything any more when she finally drops her nose down and digs in.... then the shadow gets big; she starts over on to her back... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sigh* That one still has me shakin my head. Soooooo close...

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2000, 05:25:00 PM »
All my stupidest deaths fall into three catagories..
Looking over my shoulder at a low f4u wondering what he is going to do next.
Or
blabing on channel one when I should be worrying about the 10 guys in the cabin behind me, and how close the ground is..
or
I think I am just about close enough to hit with this 1k bomb now......

Offline Mox

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2000, 05:27:00 PM »
Over this past weekend I was with several TWC members and we were taking a base.  I was flying a B26 with 250lbs for the acks and anything else, we leveled the hangers and acks.  I lined back up to drop on the radar just for fun when after the 250lbs bomb was release I watched as I saw our goon closing in very slowly on the base... I thought to me self surely I'll miss him (the bomb was already on it's way down) then I thought oh god please don't let me kill a drunk!!!  

There was nothing I could do but watch and wait....

Radar Destroyed
Back in the tower!!!  

I laughed my bellybutton off I dropped a 250 pounder that hit the radar AND the goon as it was taxing to the map room!  What are the chances of that happening again???

Thank's for Killshooter!  I'd have felt really bad if I had killed a drunk or two.

Mox
The Wrecking Crew

Offline LuckyDay

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dailyplanetmusic.com
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2000, 05:56:00 PM »
In the beta I was one of a few trying vainly to defend a heavily vulched field (12 or so enemies).  After more than a few frustrating attempts at taking off I switched fields and took a light P51 to try to hurry and return with alt advantage.  Got up to 10k and was zooming along on WEP, saw a goon inbound as I approached the field and dove after him.  Kept power on as he was getting close to the runway and my airspeed crept up and up.  I was nearly in position to open up so I pulled back to line up my crosshairs and BAM! BAM!...

I wonder if he saw the 500mph wingless silver blur that flashed by just underneath and buried itself several feet into the ground.  I didn't even have time to bail.

JENG

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2000, 07:39:00 PM »
Mmm well my funniest home video goes like this...

This was back in beta days... Rooks held field 7 and 8 and were pounding away at 4. I had just done a pretty nice sortie in my G10 and was runnin a bit low on fuel. I decided to fly at 10 K over the beeline between 7 and 4 when I spot a very low la5 going fast on the deck... I knew I didn't have any cannon rounds left but I figured what the hell let's try to bounce him and if it doesn't work bug out.

I do a split S and want to tuck my G10 nicely under his belly when I notice that he's realy flying very low (like 300-400 feet) and missin a part of his left wing. I of course get all worked up and greedy cause this bastard LA5 is NOT going to ditch on me MUNCH MUNCH (evil laugh) MUAHAHAHAHA. So I hit WEP and continue the shallow dive. 1K he still doesn't see me, 600 yards, not moving hehehe he's mine MUAHAHAHA... at 300 yards I start firing with my MG's and notice that my plane is incredibly slugish I push the stick to go under him... NO GO!!! I franticly hit the elev trim button and fly under him missing him by a hair   then I hit the ground and my propeller stops I bounce up again right in front of the LA5 and he gives me one of his 20 mm candy  

First I felt angry of course then I started laughing when I think off his face when he saw my very close smokin, raurin 109 pull up in his nose at 100 feet alt  

BEE

PS: NATE I  still remember that volcano fight... hehehehe one of the best ever  

------------------
BEE(JENG)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 "Richthofen"

'Nemo Me Impune Lacessit'

[This message has been edited by JENG (edited 05-09-2000).]

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2000, 12:26:00 AM »
Funked UDIE has video. Shame and you are a trainer also.

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
  1st Aces High Trainer Corps.
Home of The Allied Fighter Wing A.F.W.
A.F.W. Homepage

Offline bloom25

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2000, 02:17:00 AM »
I just pulled off a good one tonight.  I was flying at 34 in a 205 at about 18k.  I saw a lower spit flying along, unaware of me it seemed.  I rolled inverted, got under and behind it, and closed to 300.  I then opened fire.  I knocked off it's wing, which made it begin to spiral down.  Unfortunately it spiraled right into me!!!  Take a guess who got the kill.  

------------------
bloom25
THUNDERBIRDS

Offline Spoons - SimHQ

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.simhq.com
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2000, 06:32:00 AM »
I just wrote this in my review draft last night, then logged on this AM and saw this thread....good timing!  I don't normally like to say what I'm writing in an upcoming article, but this one is worth it:

"I thought it would give the reader a good feel for the game if I described a couple of experiences that stand out in my mind from playing AH since March.

I'll start with my most embarrassing...why not.  Along with a couple other pilots, I was flying a CAP (about 10,000 ft) over an airfield.  We (OK, the other pilots   ) had already shot down several incoming enemy aircraft.  One enemy Spitfire was heading for home when I noticed that I would have a pretty good chance of diving on him and catching him with his guard down.  Radioing the other pilots I was with (we had been talking while in orbit and I was explaining that I was new, etc.), I told them I was going to go for the kill.  They encouraged me on, and I banked away and dove on the low and clueless Spitfire.  My G-10 easily picked up speed and I aimed for a spot where I expected the two of us to intercept.  Faster and faster and faster and the dot soon became an enemy fighter, behaving exactly as I wanted, flying along straight and slow.  At about 2000 yards, I tried moving my stick to fine-tune my flightpath and found that my controls were completely locked from the high speed dive.  While I'm sure the enemy pilot was a bit spooked at the sight, it was probably also funny as hell for him to see a G-10 scream in from out of nowhere and plow into the earth just ahead.  I was so embarrassed I got up and walked away from the computer for a couple minutes.  My friends up in the CAP orbit were watching the whole thing, and had tried warning me, but I didn't read their messages.  When I took off again, they explained to me what I had done wrong and how they would have handled the intercept."

------------------
John Sponauer
Senior Editor, SimHQ.com
jsponauer@simhq.com

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2000, 02:06:00 PM »
  I just ended a buff run, landed safely and decided I would try to taxi into the hanger.  Using brakes, rudder and engines I manouvered the big B17 toward the hanger, taxied up to the door about to enter and snap, off come the wings, I died a split second later. It seems a B17 doesnt fit too well into a fighter hanger.  

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2000, 02:03:00 PM »
Diving on an M16 in a Spit... he notices me and opens fire.  Guns blazing we are both firing away but he blows off my wings.  I'm still diving right at him and have to bail... frantic <enter enter enter O >Out pops my chute only 150 ft from the ground and I'm thinking, "damn he's around here somewhere.  I saw him as I bailed... where could he be?"  

I'm looking in all my views to find him but he's gone.  No kill message but I'm still decending in my chute.  I land right on his vehicle, he was stopped right below me the whole time and I didn't check the straight down view.

Sure hope I still had my service pistol.  Could have taken him captive and drove myself back in the M16 to my base.

------------------
Soda
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2000, 02:17:00 PM »
 lol Spoons! I did just that same maneuver last night when I loaded a G10 for bomber killing.
 After flying to 20k (which had been about 5k higher than the last time they came to attack) I found just one of the dastardly bastidges flying below me... far below me. Cut throttle, full rudder deflection for E bleed and I began the chuckling that soon the B17 would be pieces..
 Range 5k, airpseed 400! range 2.5k, airspeed 500...stick aint working!!!!! range 1200 and I'm not even lined up..carp.. airspeed 600mph and ___(SMACK!!!)
 I don't think my carcass can be dug out of the hole I made.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2000, 02:26:00 PM »
Flying during low usage hours......

I'd taken out the ack at a base and I'd grabbed a C47.....was flying along merrily at about 80ft......almost at the base.....wasn't paying attention, the ground came up and my props dug in.  Arse.

Ok, thought I, not far to go, maybe I can glide in......

touched down just before the base.....carried on rolling at 100mph.....saw the map room off to the right so I gave it some rudder to head that way.  Next the damn thing starts to skid, then roll.    Both wings snapped off and I slide to a halt next to the map room on my side.  And blow me if it wasn't the side the damn troops come out of.  Balls.

Glad no-one was there to see it.

Swoop