Author Topic: 3 hostage takers captured alive  (Read 4207 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
3 hostage takers captured alive
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2004, 12:52:10 AM »
The new intifada is a fact.  It came after the breakdown of negotiations. Arafat rejected a Barak proposal and refused to go on further.

Bin Laden never did anything forthe palestians.  His cause was in saudi arabia. He started because he was pissed the US army came to SA in the gulf war.

And finally do you want to do anythin g Bin Laden asks?

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2004, 01:02:16 AM »
This is the root cause of the infitada:

Casualties

That and the continued net expansion of Palestinian Occupied Territories by the Israeli Settlers costing innocent Palestinian lives and their homes and businesses.

The Palestinians and other Arabs didn't all of a sudden wake up and say: "You know, I should sacrifice my life in a suicide bombing attemp because I'm jealous of the Democracies of Israel and the US."

Barak's proposal wasn't even an honest one for the Palestinians. No one would settle for that.

Edit....
BTW, the minority fanatics in Israel will guarantee the eventual destruction of Israel.

Edit again....
This does not mean I'm anti- Israel, far from it. Israel should withdraw from the Occupied territories back to the '67 borders, then build their wall. Call the West Bank as Palestine and allow the commercial and residential build up of those areas. Allow the Palestinians to build their own water salination plant so they can control their own water. Yeah, given a choice, they'll choose building and developing their own country over destroying another.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 01:34:46 AM by SaburoS »
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2004, 01:18:45 AM »
wow
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Gunslinger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2004, 01:32:29 AM »
bodhi,

Giving them what they want will not end terrorism.  There will allway's be a group of sorts that has demands for some so called in-justice.

It may sound simple but its the truth you can't please everyone.

apeasing one group only makes the next one stronger.  That does more to cause terrorism than anything else.  

What about these stupid environmental groups like ELF that are in fact terrorists.  Do you think we should all just throw away are car keys because they want us too?

to top it off were is our testicular fortitude here.  Do we feel sorry for the chechnyens (SP) in this case because they are "oppressed" by the russion and forced to kill a bunch of kids.  

Do we really need to give them what they want when they cant acheive this through civil means?

As far as the palestinians go they've had their chance.  There has been many times when other countrys got involved and offered them peace and they dont want it.  Israel is their sworn enemy and they'd rather blow up busses  meanwhile winning world idiot sympothy.

A terrorist is a criminal.....nothing more nothing less.  A freedom fighter stops becoming one when he starts targeting the innocent.

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2004, 02:55:15 AM »
very nice hijack grun, nuke, and GS.
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: September 04, 2004, 03:38:04 AM »
lol.. nice debate you guys had after i fell asleep in my chair yesterday :D

I sure am glad that everyone dont advocate torture tho, page one was scary reading.

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: September 04, 2004, 03:40:47 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
lol.. nice debate you guys had after i fell asleep in my chair yesterday :D

I sure am glad that everyone dont advocate torture tho, page one was scary reading.

You havn't met many New Yorker's have you?

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2004, 05:55:06 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
This is the root cause of the infitada:

Barak's proposal wasn't even an honest one for the Palestinians. No one would settle for that.

There's the truth to it..

The Barak proposal wasnt the perfect solution, yet it was the most generous and comprehensive offere ever by an Isreali PM..

And what doea Arafat do? Does he seize thae opportuinty and negotiate some more to get better water acess or more solid borders? Nah...  That kind of boring final deatail is the work of satesmen, and thats beneath him..

No, seeing the end of his revolutinary career, Arafat falls back into hos comfort zone and hsi power base - death and misery..

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2004, 06:24:21 AM »
Originally posted by Wolfala
You havn't met many New Yorker's have you?

Actually, two of the 3D americans i know come from New York :)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2004, 06:34:16 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Actually, two of the 3D americans i know come from New York :)

Lazs will love that... :D

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2004, 06:37:44 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
Lazs will love that... :D

:confused:

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2004, 06:39:15 AM »
I'll let you find out. He doesnt think too much of big city folk.. :)

BTW does Porsgrunn mean anything?  Whats a "pors" and what the heck is it doing to me? :D

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2004, 06:42:39 AM »
There's the truth to it..

The Barak proposal wasnt the perfect solution, yet it was the most generous and comprehensive offere ever by an Isreali PM..

And what doea Arafat do? Does he seize thae opportuinty and negotiate some more to get better water acess or more solid borders? Nah...  That kind of boring final deatail is the work of satesmen, and thats beneath him..

No, seeing the end of his revolutinary career, Arafat falls back into hos comfort zone and hsi power base - death and misery..

Yet it was sadly lacking in fairness for the Palestinians. Just goes to show how far apart they are in resolving this peacefully.

Negotiations broke down when it was realized that that was the most Israel would offer. That's the key of negotiation, to negotiate an agreeable solution that can be settled on by both sides, not about agreeing to a settlement, only to ask for more later.

Had Arafat accepted that deal, he'd of been killed as a traitor by the fanatical Palestinians as they would be viewing it tantamount to a sell out. The Occupied Territories are not up for grabs. They belong to the Palestinians, every inch of it. That is the sticking point. The road map to peace is in the hands of those that are in power, the Israelis. They need to give up the occupied territories.

The Israelis were never interested in a peaceful deal. Their idea of concessions is to take up settlements in the Occupied Territories and give back only some of what they've taken. Sorry, but no one settles for receiving back only part of what was stolen from you. You still wonder why the Palestinians are pissed off?
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2004, 06:46:59 AM »
I'll let you find out. He doesnt think too much of big city folk.. :)

BTW does Porsgrunn mean anything?  Whats a "pors" and what the heck is it doing to me? :D

aha :D

Porsgrunn does mean something. Pors is a plant/urb and "grunn" means ground... So it kinda means "ground where the pors plant grows"... or someting like that

-edit- ripsnorted from our towns website: "Porsgrunn was named after a small shrub called Pors (Myrica gale), which grew on marshy grounds along the banks of the river, where the porcelain factory is today."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 06:52:38 AM by Nilsen »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2004, 07:02:05 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Yet it was sadly lacking in fairness for the Palestinians. Just goes to show how far apart they are in resolving this peacefully.

Negotiations broke down when it was realized that that was the most Israel would offer. That's the key of negotiation, to negotiate an agreeable solution that can be settled on by both sides, not about agreeing to a settlement, only to ask for more later.

Had Arafat accepted that deal, he'd of been killed as a traitor by the fanatical Palestinians as they would be viewing it tantamount to a sell out. The Occupied Territories are not up for grabs. They belong to the Palestinians, every inch of it. That is the sticking point. The road map to peace is in the hands of those that are in power, the Israelis. They need to give up the occupied territories.

The Israelis were never interested in a peaceful deal. Their idea of concessions is to take up settlements in the Occupied Territories and give back only some of what they've taken. Sorry, but no one settles for receiving back only part of what was stolen from you. You still wonder why the Palestinians are pissed off?

I agree he should not have accepted it.   They should have on on negotiating, not gone back to the late 1980s... What, he tought he could get a beter deal by staring another intifada and blowing up pizza parlors and city busses full of Isreali school cchildren?  Give me a break.

If Arafat was 1/1000 a man that Gandhi was none of this would an issue..  But he isnt, he's a self indulgnat terrorist thug. Yea he got all nice and Nobel in the 1990s, but it was just an act..