Author Topic: 3 hostage takers captured alive  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
3 hostage takers captured alive
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2004, 09:24:33 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
There's the truth to it..

The Barak proposal wasnt the perfect solution, yet it was the most generous and comprehensive offere ever by an Isreali PM..

And what doea Arafat do? Does he seize thae opportuinty and negotiate some more to get better water acess or more solid borders? Nah...  That kind of boring final deatail is the work of satesmen, and thats beneath him..

No, seeing the end of his revolutinary career, Arafat falls back into hos comfort zone and hsi power base - death and misery..

So, based on the fact that the Israeli's offered a peace proposal (the very same Israeli's that continually kick Palestinians out of their homes) the Palestinians should have to accept it?

Your logic is so fugged it's astonishing, cripes you are rivaling the intelligence level of some of the liberals on this BBS.  

Keep in mind one thing, Arafat is NOT the voice of the Palestinians, even though some think he is.  You can blame the UN for that.  He is the voice of terrorism still trying to remain in power.  He, needs to be tried for his crimes, as do numerous Israeli and other Palestinian leaders.  It is because of their behavior, that this whole thing has escalated to this level.  Most Palestinians want to live in peace, and have lives, and oppurtunities like everyone else.  While this conflict continues to rage, with a "western power" (Israel) pretty much calling the shots, the world of Islam will continue to be in a rage.  Until that changes, and their is going to be a change one way or another, the world will be hostage to this conflict.  

Oh, and you think OSB doesn't give a fug about Palestine?  Read through a bit of his writings and statements prior to 9/11.  I think you will be surprised.

Open your eyes, pick up a few books besides Jane's Encyclopedia of Military hardware, and truly understand the world.  May I suggest some light reading to start:

The Crisis of Islam

Understanding Islam
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2004, 09:26:05 AM »
I agree he should not have accepted it.   They should have on on negotiating, not gone back to the late 1980s... What, he tought he could get a beter deal by staring another intifada and blowing up pizza parlors and city busses full of Isreali school cchildren?  Give me a break.

If Arafat was 1/1000 a man that Gandhi was none of this would an issue..  But he isnt, he's a self indulgnat terrorist thug. Yea he got all nice and Nobel in the 1990s, but it was just an act..

Reading is fundemantal Bodhi...

Feel free to apologize for your bizzare post any time..

It's ok Bodhi, just apologize. No problem with that at all..
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 09:34:44 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2004, 09:28:22 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
Okay, that's it! Who are you and what did you do with Bodhi??
Bodhi, it wasn't as clean as you post it, but for the most part it's accurate. It took the deaths of Palestinians from the illegal settlements as well. Had Israel not kept expanding their settlements into the Occupied territories, my bet is the violence would still be fairly "low". Compare the figures, much more palestinians (disregard the suicide bombers as those weren't at the hands of the Israelis) have been killed compared to Israelis.
Before the State of Israel was established in '48, there were those in the pro-Israeli side that were deemed as terrorists.

OSL has said that until the Palestinians have peace, neither will we. I'm sure the Palestinians would rather be building up their country rather than destroy another (Israel). Maybe they deserve that opportunity?

SaburoS,

I know what I wrote is the super simplified version of events causng the problem, but most of these clueless dolts will not understand it if you bring it all the way back to the shame behind the fall of the Ottoman Empire, and subsequent conversion of Turkey to western ideals, or the shame in having foreign investment throughout the Middle East, or the angst caused by 600 years of technology arriving in the span of 50 years.  Those are all major factors in this, but in the end, the ignorance of the situation on both sides is allowing it to perpetuate.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2004, 09:37:06 AM »
Originally posted by Gunslinger

Do we really need to give them what they want when they cant acheive this through civil means?

Guns...

They have tried REPEATEDLY through civil means, and gotten nothing but silence, and Israeli's removing them from their property, and their homes.  So, terrorism sprouts up, and voila... thye are listened to.

As far as the palestinians go they've had their chance.  There has been many times when other countrys got involved and offered them peace and they dont want it.  Israel is their sworn enemy and they'd rather blow up busses  meanwhile winning world idiot sympothy.

They've had their chance?  So I suppose by that logic they should just be killed off like the vermin they are?  That's BS American arrogance, by trying to simplify this matter to a point that has a simple solution... kill em all, cuz the Israeli's are more like us.  Well, that logic is fundamentally fugged, and no better than the logic that enlists kids to drive explosive laden cars into buildings.  The Palestinians deserve their own country, and that is a fact, and until it happens, the violence will continue.

BTW, I am not saying the violence will instantly stop, as many psychopaths like Hammas, and Sadr will remain without power and attempt to regain it through all they know... inciting terrorism.  Those few, will have to be rooted out, and tried and executed for their hands part in the violence.

A terrorist is a criminal.....nothing more nothing less.  A freedom fighter stops becoming one when he starts targeting the innocent.

Well said, I agree 100%. Terrorism is a horrific act, that needs to be dealt with swiftly by law.  

But... remeber that terrorism has many faces, and the face of Israel's is in there too.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: September 04, 2004, 09:42:41 AM »
Reading is fundemantal Bodhi...

Feel free to apologize for your bizzare post any time..

It's ok Bodhi, just apologize. No problem with that at all..

You will get no apology from me Grun, but you are more than welcome to debate this until you realise how screwed up your basic thoughts on this issue are...

You see what peeves me the most about your posts, are the quick advocation for the deliverance of violence.  Now I could understand this if you were living in the West Bank, or Beirut, or even Sadr city, but you don't.  I could further understand it if you were a member of the military trying to end the violence over there, but you aren't.  You are just another pseudo educated dolt, who is more than likely over weight sitting behind a computer screen with a closed mind typing away.  

Well guess what, you're realisation of how stupid your posts are at the beginning of this thread is my goal.  Until then, spout away, and show us how "smart":rolleyes:  you really are.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: September 04, 2004, 09:45:48 AM »
If Arafat was 1/1000 a man that Gandhi was none of this would an issue.. But he isnt, he's a self indulgnat terrorist thug. Yea he got all nice and Nobel in the 1990s, but it was just an act..

Originally posted by Bodhi
Keep in mind one thing, Arafat is NOT the voice of the Palestinians, even though some think he is.  You can blame the UN for that.  He is the voice of terrorism still trying to remain in power.  He, needs to be tried for his crimes, as do numerous Israeli and other Palestinian leaders.  It is because of their behavior, that this whole thing has escalated to this level.  Most Palestinians want to live in peace, and have lives, and oppurtunities like everyone else.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2004, 09:47:46 AM »
ya know... a lot of you sadists that advocate torture are against the death penalty in other threads.

I don't believe in torture.... they are sick rabid dogs and should be put down as humanely as possible.

sheesh  some of you go on about shutting down the whole U.S. military and throwing the president in prison if one iraqi prisoner is made to wear panties on his head.  Now you want to go back to the inquisition?

you guys creep me out.

lazs

storch

« Reply #127 on: September 04, 2004, 09:52:06 AM »
Would it have been less of a tragedy if these Muslims had killed 200 people in an assisted living facility?

Offline milnko

• Silver Member
      • http://www.cameltoe.org
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2004, 10:02:08 AM »
I don't think any of you fellas have much to worry about, every thing I've ever heard about Russian interrogation and retribution indicates these boys are gonna be DEALT with. Harshly.

In cases like this one not having your hands tied by a Bill of Rights and a Constitution seem to be a plus.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2004, 10:21:14 AM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:20:06 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2004, 10:29:01 AM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:20:39 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2004, 11:30:04 AM »
Personal attack
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:21:08 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2004, 11:37:53 AM »
Off topic
« Last Edit: September 07, 2004, 11:21:31 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2004, 11:49:28 AM »
Off topic