Author Topic: 3 hostage takers captured alive  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
3 hostage takers captured alive
« Reply #210 on: September 09, 2004, 01:26:44 PM »
i have a solution to satisfy both parties....

They get their "justice"... Lifetime in prison.... only its a turkish prison - they are not allowed to wear pants and their wrists are handcuffed to their ankles.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2004, 02:43:49 AM »
Originally posted by Habu
Exactly his point SaburoS.

Not

...and your "amazing" contribution to this thread is duly noted.

Perhaps you'd like to explain what MT meant by his quote and to whom he was addressing his post to?
Prediction: I will not be surprised by your answer.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2004, 06:38:55 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
...and your "amazing" contribution to this thread is duly noted.

Perhaps you'd like to explain what MT meant by his quote and to whom he was addressing his post to?
Prediction: I will not be surprised by your answer.

There is no "underlying cause" you can change to stop people like Ted Bundy.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2004, 08:42:24 AM »
habu... I am sure that howard stern has the answers for you if you will just listen to his wisdom.

lazs

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2004, 10:30:16 AM »
Not that your comment has anything to do with the thread but I would rather listen to anything Howard Stern has to say as opposed to anything Rush Limbaugh says.

Laz you do not get how stupid the average US voter is. Howard will carry the vote in his markets. There are just not enough reasons not to vote against Bush.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2004, 12:45:16 PM »
There is no "underlying cause" you can change to stop people like Ted Bundy.

You sure MT really means that? I really doubt it.

So I take it you're an expert on Ted Bundy and every other serial murderer. So, why do they kill?
These terrorists that killed these kids in Russia had no underlying cause?
Ohoh! Alert Alert Alert! I'm asking questions about the attacks! I must somehow feel they are justified now! :rolleyes:

Remember that incident of the movie theater in Russia? You know the one where the Russians didn't negotiate? Everyone was killed. Did the terrorists learn their lessons? No, a bunch of innocent victims (mostly kids) are now dead. What's next?

Sometimes one has to go through a process of listening to the other side to at least try to see if something can be found to stop the hate. Something to at least slow down the cycle of violence.

Was the Grozny attack via artillery and bombing an accident? How many kids, women, babies, elders, men were killed in that one? Do they have a right to be upset about those casualties? Do you think even hatred and a call for revenge might result from those casualties?

So far from your posts here, I'd guess your answer to be "No."
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Habu

• Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2004, 07:03:20 PM »
SaburoS

May I ask you how old you are?

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2004, 08:11:06 PM »
When children are the victims we all tend to be outraged and want the worst possible *punishment* for the perpetrators. Justice is what is required here, not revenge.

When it comes to terrorists the entire world needs to come together as one entity against terrorism.  The entire world needs to cooperate to end this for good.

Those dead children in Russia, the 3000 dead from 9/11 and all the other victims of terrorists need to be remembered by all people, not just their families and countries.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: September 11, 2004, 04:56:00 AM »
SaburoS

May I ask you how old you are?

Off topic and irrelevant to this discussion, but do carry on as you wish.