Author Topic: You have won the war - Now fight for your life!  (Read 542 times)

Offline TiGerZ

• Zinc Member
You have won the war - Now fight for your life!
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:46:18 AM »
When a war weary pilot spends all he has got and sacrificed crucial parts of his airplane, it is "ironic" that he has to scramble immediately to dodge ack (not  really sure if ack is active but threatening  at the least), from the field he just helped capture, and then attempt to scurry 5 sectors in 5 mins to find a friendly base to limp back to.
:eek:

My suggestion is to patch this or at the very least, change the reset text buffer to read:

You have won the war!  The map terrain has been reset!  So, in case you haven't noticed you're screwed!
:confused:

By the way ROOKS, that was a masterful display of a united capture effort 9/05.  Salute -  Brave Bishop foes fighting to the end - Should be awarded perk points for valor!  (Might encourage more to fight instead of logging and waiting for new terrain).

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: You have won the war - Now fight for your life!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 12:31:47 PM »
Originally posted by TiGerZ
When a war weary pilot spends all he has got and sacrificed crucial parts of his airplane, it is "ironic" that he has to scramble immediately to dodge ack
Country rotation is random, so sometimes this can happen and other times it doesn't.  If you are in the air and can stay alive until the map is changed you will at least save your perks, I believe.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline TiGerZ

• Zinc Member
You have won the war - Now fight for your life!
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 11:32:51 PM »
I believe that you are correct about perkies, unless you fly like me and get so excited that Rooks got a reset that I  hit the windows key and auger anyways.:(

Just thought that winning the war might not  have to be an immediate reset, but I know nothing of nothing when it comes to the amount of programming that would take to do.

I am having a blast with the way things are, but glad to see that folks are interested in what we have to say.

Salute,  All AH2 players!!

My deepest sympathy to mjollnir and his family -- Salute:  lil mj