Author Topic: A suggestion...  (Read 136 times)

Offline Blammo

• Nickel Member
A suggestion...
« on: September 20, 2004, 01:22:04 PM »
This may have been suggested before, but why not make bomb craters mean something.  As it is right now, a crater from a bomb, rocket or tank round is just a graphic no real effect on game play (other than helping you know where you bomb, rocket, tank round landed).

So, give an explosion crater a time limit that it exists (5 minutes, or whatever).  During that time, GVs rolling over it would have there movement slowed.  Aircraft that tryin to taxi over it would risk snapping off their landing gear.  At the end of the time period (whatever it is) the crater can be assumed to have been filled in by the engineers and the effect (and the crater) go away.
BLAMM0 - FACTA, NON VERBA!

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
A suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 02:34:35 PM »
Been there done that. Runways use could be cratered in the past. HTC took it out I believe because players would bomb the end of runways and prevent aircraft from upping.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline tce2506

• Copper Member
A suggestion...
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 02:47:33 PM »
Well, that's a logical thing to do. Even today our military will bomb runways to prevent enemies from upping. I say add it!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
A suggestion...
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 02:59:27 PM »
was hilarious watching noobs try to take off, hit a crater and lose their gear .
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --