Author Topic: Alright, the CON's over..can we get some news?  (Read 4554 times)

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
Alright, the CON's over..can we get some news?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2004, 01:49:20 PM »
I know this one is going to fan the flames, but I personally, would be willing to pay $5.00 to $10.00 more a month for a better product.

Perhaps HTC should reconsider their subscription price.

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2004, 02:02:44 PM »
Originally posted by Muckmaw1
I know this one is going to fan the flames, but I personally, would be willing to pay $5.00 to $10.00 more a month for a better product.

I'm sure this will be removed (but if that's not 'flamebait' I don't know what is) ... Muck you moron!

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2004, 02:13:59 PM »
Originally posted by Muckmaw1

Interesting ... and what would you expect to get MORE of with $5-$10 more a month ?

Funny ... the original poster has hijacked his own post ... :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2004, 02:17:21 PM »
we will be seeing a new variant of the P-38 soon ... either the J or the H if my memory is correct ...

this is all i saw out of this whole thread....  :D :D :D

~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2004, 02:19:35 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
this is all i saw out of this whole thread....  :D :D :D

~S~

Hope it's a small intake H model.  Love the look of those early 38s

Dan/Slack
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2004, 02:21:52 PM »
lol slappy good call. :)

I dont see any reason (currently) for paying any more than what we are already. I mean for what? What more have I gotten in the last several months that AH2 has been out that I didnt get when AH1 was still running? Besides Lag, screen freezes, Micro warps, these wonderful white squares that will show up for no reason, only to mention a few. Besides all that stuff tho what else have I gotten that I should pay more for?

Or are you saying we should pay more in anticipation of the chance that we may get something new?

Not to pick apart a good thing, because I think AH2 is just that ( I guess), I just dont see any call for paying more than what we already are.
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2004, 02:43:35 PM »
Originally posted by MoRphEuS
lol slappy good call. :)

I dont see any reason (currently) for paying any more than what we are already. I mean for what? What more have I gotten in the last several months that AH2 has been out that I didnt get when AH1 was still running? Besides Lag, screen freezes, Micro warps, these wonderful white squares that will show up for no reason, only to mention a few. Besides all that stuff tho what else have I gotten that I should pay more for?

Or are you saying we should pay more in anticipation of the chance that we may get something new?

Not to pick apart a good thing, because I think AH2 is just that ( I guess), I just dont see any call for paying more than what we already are.

Not quite where I was going with it Morph.

Most don't understand the undertaking that HTC just pulled off in the last year and a-half with the limited amount of physical resources that they have.

We haven't even seen the surface scratched on the foundation that HT and crew just layed down over the last year and a-half. It's gonna take time to slowly roll this stuff out and when it does surface we will all probably think that HTC walks on water.

We got to see the working inside of the Ki-84 ... IL2 has nothing on these guys. HTC is only held back by their own imposed limitations (business and/or tech model) and not by technology.

If Muck was insinuating that raising the price to hire another body to get things out the door more quickly ... that might do it, but I don't think that it's part of HTCs plan at the moment.

If he or you are insinuating that rasing the price will get HT and the others to do it better ... that's just wrong ... there are none that can do it better.

Some might think that those who go or went to the con might be subject to HTC and crew blowing smoke up our butts and we leave brainwashed ... well I am here to tell you that these people are serious about what they do and by going to the con ... only serves to reassure me of that.

My Grand-mother use to say ...

"You can't con a Conner".

P.S. ... It's quite evident that we need to get together for some wings and discuss ALL the hardware problems you are having.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
Hope it's a small intake H model.  Love the look of those early 38s

Dan/Slack

Me too.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2004, 02:51:21 PM »
Between the J and the H I'd prefer to see the P-38H.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2004, 02:51:57 PM »
I told him that my preference would also be the "H" model.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2004, 04:54:18 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Hmm, I don't recall that.  I must have been on a bathroom break.  I did mean to address this when we were talking about bombers, but got sidetracked.  Anyway, I am actually clamping down on a few issues related to this.  One is tightening up structural limits and the other is tightening up control forces.  I am convinced that I am too loose on both of these things when it comes to the heavies.

Pyro... I don't think either one of those factors will change dive-bombing tactics. Most of the players that do it don't expect to live and usually crash into whatever they were diving at anyway.

Offline peregrin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2004, 05:52:44 PM »
OTOH, it is kind of hard to bomb accurately with the wings off, or no workable control input.
Heck, many newbies can't dive bomb in a p38 due to compression.  Something similar for the buffs would discourage the practice.
--Peregrine.

Offline Muckmaw1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2004, 06:15:47 PM »
Hey Slappy-

How are you?

The point I was making is that someone said AH2 has 70 vehicles, and they all need to be reworked while rolling out new ones and tweaking this and probing that, with a limited staff.

I simply was stating that if the staff is limited and resources are tight at HTC, perhaps we would be willing to pay a little more each month so HTC can hire 1 or 2 new people and get the planes, and TOD and all the other great stuff he has in his little melon, finished faster.

I'm not a very patient person.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2004, 08:45:46 PM »
I agree with you to a certain point Midnight, but I'm not really looking at that as the root problem.  I see it as a problem that has been exposed by another problem but still needs to be addressed nonetheless.  We did spend some time talking about the cause and effect that various changes have had on the bomber game.  I'm sure you remember that the primary complaint about bombers was that they bombed from too high.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2004, 08:45:51 PM »
I agree with you to a certain point Midnight, but I'm not really looking at that as the root problem.  I see it as a problem that has been exposed by another problem but still needs to be addressed nonetheless.  We did spend some time talking about the cause and effect that various changes have had on the bomber game.  I'm sure you remember that the primary complaint about bombers was that they bombed from too high.