Author Topic: Bush’s lead in poll has evaporated.  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Bush’s lead in poll has evaporated.
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2004, 12:48:14 AM »
Cool trick Yeager... You have attained the Judo-like ability to morph into a bumper sticker.

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2004, 01:26:42 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Bush/Cheney 2004

Nothing more to add to this discussion

Be interesting to see if Bush does make it for another 4 years especially when he seems incapable of defending himself or his policies in a open arena.

...-Gixer

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2004, 07:59:14 AM »
he defended himself just fine from my view.  he did fail to nail kerry to the wall half a dozen times given choice opportunities to do so.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2004, 08:32:55 AM »
Inflammatory?!

OK how about I just say that some of us believe morals are being lost in the name of progress.

Progress is not always a good thing. Not saying all is bad but I'm not in a hurry to accept all change.

How was that skuzzy? No mention of peter puffers or states that are going to burn in hell!:D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 02:09:12 PM by Mighty1 »
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2004, 08:47:22 AM »
tweety... isn't "regressive" change?   Progressive is also an interesting word...  building housing and cities is "progressive" too.   building an economy is "progressive"  taking away peoples rights would be "regressive"  

Fear?   I watched real fear back in the late 50's and early sixties when the democrats fought civil rights.    The democrats are the party of fear.   they invented it.

It is very good sounding to say that you are in step with the world until you explain what that really means.   How much of your labor (taxes) are you willing to give to "the world" to make it more like other countries want it to be?

lazs

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2004, 12:52:44 PM »
Infammatory
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 01:13:55 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2004, 01:00:14 PM »
Regression is a return to a previous state. Its change in the same sense as death is a change from life, I guess.

>>Fear? I watched real fear back in the late 50's and early sixties when the democrats fought civil rights. The democrats are the party of fear. they invented it.
<<

This statement is ridiculous on so many levels. I guess you think its brave to circle the wagons and shake in its center, and cowardly to ge get your teeth knocked out standing up to some inbread redneck with a shotgun.

Edit: Upon thinking about it further - there was a large segment of the democratic party of the late 50's early 60's that were motivated by fear  - the Dixiecrats. But they've headed over to the Rpublican party. So yea you're right. In the early sixties, chances are the rednieck with shotgun smashing the heads of civil rights marchers, may have been a southern Democrat (i.e., a Dixiecrat).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 01:10:11 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2004, 01:07:44 PM »
Also be careful of what number is used from the poll.  Registered Voters or Likely Voters distinction is very important.

Most of the numbers from the polls that were showing Bush up 6-10 points were "Likely Voters" numbers.  But if take the same poll but look at the "Registered Voters" category, it was much closer say 3-6 points.

I do beleive the poll numbers that CNN and a few others are trumpeting the last couple of days as proof of a "Kerry Comeback" are again "Registered Voters".

This is obvious for several reasons.  

One, in surveys the media people themselves identify theirselves as 89% are democrats, a large portion of the rest independents, and a very small percentage republicans.  So many of them want Kerry to win and will try to whip up enthusiasm for their canidate any way possible.

Two, its a better news story if its a close race.  So they play the "its very very close" card to keep people watching their reports.

Also, I believe that Kerry won the debates (obviously I'm a republican) and that DID give him a small bounce in the polls.  But will it stick?

I personally like to watch the poll average over at http://www.realclearpolitics.com   where they take the average of all non-biased polls from the likely voter category.  And they also have an electoral vote calculator from the battleground states.

Its going to be interesting

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2004, 01:22:01 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
If you simply look at a biology text, you'll find change is *required*
When you stop, you die.

However, if the change turns out ot be a cancerous lesion, it must be extricated or you die.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2004, 01:45:04 PM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Infammatory

Resgusting!

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2004, 04:41:08 PM »
I wasn't the one who brought up the "regusting" stuff :D

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2004, 07:16:36 PM »
>>OK how about I just say that some of us believe morals are being lost in the name of progress. <<

I believe the world as a whole worries less about morals than it did 50 years ago. Its really easy to blame it on the internet, television, video games, or even the demo's :D But the reason is lazy parenting. Its real easy to use the internet , television and video games as a baby sitter. Its real easy to blow off Sunday services or a family dinner for golf or a football game. There's a sense of entitlement that was absent in the depression era children. That sense of entitilement is your morality buster.

I don't need a law to make me atracted to females. In fact, at 6, I might have swore I hated girls, but I really thought they were cute. At 12, I was damn sure of it. I never made the decision to like the opposite sex, and in some bizzarro world if it was illegal, I would still be attracted to the opposite sex. Anyone's who sexual orientation is affected by the law is pretty ambiguous from the get go. Anyone who *decided* to be heterosexual, is not truly heterosexual even if they opted for a heterosexual lifestyle. Sexual orientation is a basic drive, not a decision.  I don't decide to be hungry, I don't decide to be thirsty and I don't *decide* to be attracted to the oposite sex.

So no law you pass is going to change the "peter puffers" (as you put it). What it will do, is make you feel important by persecuting others for the way they were born. And if any is so afraid that their sexual orientation is so fragile to be influenced by the orientation of a VERY small minority, they need therapy and not rhetoric. And those that use such naive rhetoric to hurt others for the sole sake of advancing themselves, need to be kicked in the teeth with a size 12 steel toe.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 07:59:29 PM by TweetyBird »

Offline phookat

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2004, 08:26:35 PM »
Yeah, I agree with that TweetyBird.  People who are gay aren't hurting anyone else.  There is absolutely no reason to discriminate against them.

One of the reasons I admire Arnold.  He has the balls to publicly support the right view, even if it means alienating some of his constituency.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
I agree too ...
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2004, 09:10:53 PM »
LOL

nm

LOL
« Last Edit: October 04, 2004, 09:12:55 PM by Eagler »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2004, 09:48:29 PM »
I won't even bother to vote for Bush or Kerry. The popular vote means absolutely nothing. The Electoral College will decide who is president, not us.

I wont worry about who is in office as President ever because I have absolutely NO control over who gets there.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.