Author Topic: trimming  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: trimming
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2004, 09:37:36 AM »
Originally posted by 63tb
Folks,

Should I leave it trimmed for level flight or trim it some other way?

thanks

63tb

If you have a throttle...CH Pro USH hopefully...map the hat button as HAT 2 and then map rudder and elevator trip to it. As stated above, certain AC tend to perform better with manual trim vs Conbat trim. Experiment with the rides you tend to use.

DmdMax

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
trimming
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 07:06:31 PM »
Originally posted by xHaMmeRx
63tb,

Yes, combat trim is like auto-trim and yes, there is a reason you might not want to use it.

On many planes, such as the 109 and P-38, combat trim tends to "lock" the controls at high speeds. This often causes the "lawn-dart" effect.  

In addition, the combat trim negates the effects of the dive flaps on the P-38L.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dralex

• Zinc Member
trimming
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 03:37:49 AM »
Originally posted by Murdr
It also adds an element of surprise aginst the enemy when they do not know they are being shot at until they are hit.  

Does it mean, that if I turn tracers OFF on my PC and opponent on he's PC have tracers ON, my PC send some info to server, which will disable tracers on opponent PC in case when I'm shooting him?

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
trimming
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 03:59:28 AM »
Tracers OFF means that your aircraft is not loaded with any tracer ammunition. Nobody will see your fire, but they will hopefully feel the effects of it. Your muzzle flashes are still visible if they're close enough.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
trimming
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 03:59:42 AM »
In short, if you have tracers off, the target cannot see that you're shooting at him.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
trimming
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004, 04:01:07 AM »
Also, because it relates to your ammo loadout, any changes to this setting do not take effect until you re-plane. Not sure about re-arming.

Offline Dralex

• Zinc Member
trimming
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2004, 10:26:35 AM »
RGR THX 2 U all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 63tb

• Copper Member
trimming
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2004, 06:15:35 PM »
Thanks for all the great info.

Two dumb questions -

What is the key map for combat trim? I tried ctrl C but the system says "no longer used".

Where do I enable/disable tracers?

63tb

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
trimming
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2004, 06:19:19 PM »
enable tracers at SETUP -> PREFERENCES -> FLIGHT

default key for combat trim on and off is CTRL X

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
trimming
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »
I've found that there are times when you stick so much manual trim into the plane in a fight that it begins flying a bit strange. The quick fix is to hit auto level for a second and that retrims the plane to a level trim beginning point.

Offline xtinct

• Zinc Member
trimming
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 08:01:41 AM »
Hi,

as tracers have been mentioned above I have a quick question regarding the setting. Is it possible to program a default setting to say for example tracers on for vehicles and tracers off for planes. I usually have tracers off in planes an then finding me in an ostie w/ no tracers on cause I forgot to change the setting.

thanks

Offline xHaMmeRx

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.netaces.org
trimming
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 08:11:14 AM »
Originally posted by xtinct
as tracers have been mentioned above I have a quick question regarding the setting. Is it possible to program a default setting to say for example tracers on for vehicles and tracers off for planes. I usually have tracers off in planes an then finding me in an ostie w/ no tracers on cause I forgot to change the setting.

Unfortunately not. I do the same thing myself.