Author Topic: Training Room Sunday and Monday  (Read 857 times)

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Training Room Sunday and Monday
« on: December 17, 2001, 07:40:00 PM »
I would like to offer an apology to anybody that was in the training room Sunday between the hours of 1pm and 5pm  and also Monday between 9am and 5pm.  My son Daryl (11) has something he needs to say to you all.

"I'm sorry about shooting yall down today and yesturday. Especcially that C47 at A44. I knew that it was for training and that was what I was doing. Sorry, I wont do it again. I'm probaly not going to go on again so you wont have to worry about me shooting yall down."

I dont tolerate it when someone does it to me and I dont expect others to tolerate it when it happens to them.   I am responsible for what my son does while using my account in the training arena and I thought I had explained the rules to him very well.   Apparently I did not, but I guarenty he understands the rules now.

I am posting this in the training forum and the general discussion area.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2001, 10:07:00 PM »
How old is he AirScrew?

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2001, 11:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by AirScrew:
My son Daryl (11) has something he needs to say to you all.

I think he said that he is '11'.   :)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2001, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by AirScrew:
My son Daryl (11) has something he needs to say to you all.

Good for you both.  It would be nice if some of the adults in AH had the same sense of responsibility you've both displayed.

- oldman

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2001, 09:44:00 AM »
What Oldman said.  And no one will ever confuse you and your son for being Soup & Wu that's for sure. (infamouse online father/son dweeb team)

Westy

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2001, 01:33:00 PM »
Duh!

<S> guys, give me a yell if he'd like some 1 on 1 airscrew.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2001, 09:22:00 PM »
Thanks Ghosth, I'll look you up when he's ready.  Right now I've taken his wings away and his plane has been grounded for a few days.   It was hard though, when he told me he shot down 7 planes on Monday I was proud of him.  Except for the C47 he said all the other planes were shooting at him first.   He only started flying about a month ago, before this he had never even touched a flight sim.  He has sat next to me almost every night since I started. (kinda like my WSO)  I showed him the basic flight principles (he had a hard time with stalls) and gave him an easy plane to fly and practice with, a spit I think.  Anyway I came back about 15 minutes later he was flying a B17.  And he landed it first try.  

I'm thinking about getting him his own account for christmas so I'll definitly let you know so we can setup something for him to get some help.

O'Westy, I'm pretty new to online sims (6 months now) so I dont know the story of Soup & Wu,  all I know is that it would have been hipocritical of me to tell other people not to engage others without permission when it looks like I'm pulling the same crap.  

Anyway thanks for your understanding of the situation.  I would like to hear from any of those he shot down and get their input on how he flew those two days, that is if they are willing to admit they got shot down by a eleven year old kid.  He was flying a 109G10.