Author Topic: Joystick pic  (Read 864 times)

air_spro

Joystick pic
« on: April 21, 2000, 09:57:00 PM »
Can't remember just who wrote this setup on this forum but it sure helped me .
Big thanks guy  . To aid other newbies to this game like me , here's a pic of what I read that day .

www.airsquadron.com

air_rules:Play fair ...Don't worry about points.....Keep a sense of humor.....Drink Jim Beam...and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!
Says it all doesn't it ?

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 04-21-2000).]

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Joystick pic
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2000, 11:16:00 PM »
I always found that I trimmed aileron left right and elevator up down, much more.  These are on my stick, with rudder left right I use the keyboard.

Addtitionally, I have remapped my keymap so that my trim controls use the Home --> Insert keyboard cluster.  The physical arrangement of these keys mimics the layout in the AH cockpit.

Good Luck!  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

air_spro

Joystick pic
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2000, 05:01:00 AM »

Originally posted by Minotaur:

Addtitionally, I have remapped my keymap so that my trim controls use the Home --> Insert keyboard cluster.  The physical arrangement of these keys mimics the layout in the AH cockpit.

Good Luck!    

Hey have to give that a go , so what did you replace the Home , Page Up , and Page Down keys with ?  Thanks for the tip too .

PS: Changed the buttons for elev. trim . Put the ail on Delete and End . For now . Trim and views is the hardest right now for me . Being a paddock guy for so long . But this game rocks .

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 04-22-2000).]

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
Joystick pic
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by air_spro:
 Hey have to give that a go , so what did you replace the Home , Page Up , and Page Down keys with ?  Thanks for the tip too .

PS: Changed the buttons for elev. trim . Put the ail on Delete and End . For now . Trim and views is the hardest right now for me . Being a paddock guy for so long . But this game rocks .

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 04-22-2000).]

I use F9 for "Home", it is right next to F10 which is "Save Head Postion".

Page-Up and Page-Down are remapped to ' and /.

My radio keys are remapped for F5-F8.  I don't use those views much and this way a single key press gets me the radio I want to use.

F2 is remapped for bombsight.  Typical the only 3 views I use are F1-normal, F2-bombsight and F3-External.

Another change I would recommend is for eject.  By default eject is ENT 3 times repeated.  Change this to CTRL-ENT and you will never have an accidental ejection.  

You can come with other patterns, it is practically limitless.

CC it does rock!    

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew

[This message has been edited by Minotaur (edited 04-22-2000).]

Offline GrinBird

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.aasvk.dk
Joystick pic
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2000, 07:28:00 PM »
 http://home6.inet.tele.dk/wildau/stickfiles/msstick.gif"">

This is my newest stickfile setup for AcesHigh.
It is developed during the whole period I have played this awesome sim, and it is offcourse adapted to my habits and style.
I use the Microsoft stickfile setup feature for all buttons except POW hat. That means that the stickfile is trigging the default keys in the keyboard setup. I use the shift key option, so the number of keys available are doubled.
The POW hat has to be set up in the AcesHigh internal mapper.
I think the setup should explain itself pretty well, but I have a few comments...
The look up button is needed when turnfighting, and it can be combined with the POW hat, - and then you have 16 views all around the clock available.
So if you have used AcesHighs internal mapper to get level views all around the clock on the POW-hat, - then you  will get a 45 degrees higher view all around the clock, when you hold down your upview button.
"Look down" is on the same button as the "Look up" but is shiftet. Its used for bombing and thats why the "Fire secundary" is placed right besides it in shiftet mode too.
The zoom button is nescesary for me because I have a laid back position as default, I like to have a good wide look at things, makes me able to see all cockpit and makes it easier to follow an enemy. When I have my target tracked and are ready to fire, I press the shift and the fire button to lean foreward towards the aiming device. When the work is done, its easy to press the buttons again to lean back in seat.
You can download stickfile for Microsoft SW Precision Pro here. It can easily be convertet into a Stickfile for MS SW ForceFeedBack if needed.
If you have suggestions to how it could be better, then I would be happy to hear about it.

------------------
GrinBird