Author Topic: Wwiiol??  (Read 1990 times)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Wwiiol??
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 01:14:33 AM »
Had a nice little adventure last night. I spawned in at Maubeuge as a sapper, the French had two FB's to spawn from, so I thought I might find some action. When I set out on foot, there was some small attacks coming in, but nothing major. I traveled out along the river about a half mile or so. I start to notice some incoming tanks on the other side of the river, so I swam across. As I was scoping through my binocs, I notice an ei running along the river, I set my rifle site to 300m and nail him with the first shot.

I then notice a laffly towing a bofors about 500 meters away, then start hearing multiple stuarts and pans rolling in, this attack is getting larger. I make my way closer to the southern Maubeuge cp, as the et's have closed and are suppressing. I realize I cannot do much but scout, report, and try to sap as many et's and snipe as many ei  as I can.

I get to a burm about 300 meters from the southern cp, I really can't get to any tanks as there is wide open space between me and three stuarts. Then I hear a pan getting real close, he pulls right up to the burm i'm in, while he is scanning I run up, place the charge, and jump back in the burm, I take out his engine, but his crew and weapons are functional. He is scanning desperately to find me, as he fires into the hedgerow opposite my burm, I run up and place a charge on his ammo box and jump back into the burm. The charge goes off and he despawns.

I then hear a laffly coming towards me from the southern cp, he has dropped and is returning, I chuck a grenade at him. I see pieces fly off his truck and he veers off and keeps going towards the river.

By now it is clear that this is a major an well organized allied offensive. Fairmiles have moved in along the river, sounds of lafflys, stuarts, pans, anti tank guns and anti aircraft can be heard everywhere. The bridge across the river has not been blown and the allies are pouring in from both sides. The airfield at Maubeuge has been suppressed and reports coming in say they have managed to suppress Brussels airfield also. Any friendly planes that do make it in are greeted by bofors that have been towed in and placed close to the city.

As I am scoping and reporting what I am seeing, I hear aa fire from behind me, it's a bofors. I manage to get close enough to chuck a couple of grenades, I miss, but manage to snipe his gunner(I should have done that to begin with, but instead have wasted the last of my grenades), he despawns. I then hear another bofors closer to the southern cp. There are two of them about 50 yards apart. I sneak up to the bofors furthest from the southern cp. I am behind a tree about 15 feet away. It has grown dark, so I have a little cover. I have two options, run up and stab his gunner, or take out his gunner with my rifle(I am out of grenades). If I run up and stab him, the other bofors would surely take me out, if I use the rifle, the sound will give me away to not only the other bofors, but to any ei that are about. I decide to use the rifle. As he is firing into the sky, I fire into his gunner, he hears me and starts turning his gun towards me, I fire again and he is still turning. I get back quickly behind the tree, and just in time, BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! Chit, I am now pinned behind the tree. I decide to throw a smoke grenade and try to run up and stab him. As I am getting out my grenade, I hear the other bofors fire, and out of reaction I turn to look. As I do it exposes my body and the bofors in front of me took me out. I curse myself for not stabbing him to begin with, but it was alot of fun and I would not have survived anyway as the allies captured the city.

Well done allies, that was an impressive offensive, (pic posted)

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 01:18:33 AM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Wwiiol??
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 03:04:03 AM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
Not the P-38.  IIRC, the only French unit that flew the P-38 was a Free French unit that flew the recce F-4/5.  The French did order some Model 322Fs but like I mentioned earlier, the Brits took over that order when the French folded.

So basically the Rats are setting up a "What if?" scenerio if they add the Model 322F for the French.  

ack-ack

Well you do understand that game has evolved past 1940 and Frenchies need better aircrafts than P-40s and P-39s to fight against Fw190s and later coming Bf109Gs ?
We're talking about mid 1942 aircrafts and because French really ordered model 322s (but never received them) I'd say it's OK for them to get them in this point of war but as upgraded versions = P-38Fs.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Wwiiol??
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 05:49:22 AM »
Originally posted by Staga
Well you do understand that game has evolved past 1940 and Frenchies need better aircrafts than P-40s and P-39s to fight against Fw190s and later coming Bf109Gs ?
We're talking about mid 1942 aircrafts and because French really ordered model 322s (but never received them) I'd say it's OK for them to get them in this point of war but as upgraded versions = P-38Fs.

They should stick with what the French ordered.  Castrated P-38s without superchargers and right rotating props.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2004, 10:59:14 AM »
damn sixpence..  I'm still pissed off at myself for wasting my PaK38 ammo at Maubeuge, just before it was captured by allies.
Had PaK38 in excellent position, overwatching the SE area of airfield AB and then I saw half dozen stuarts come in close formation from SE and noticed I had just 7 rounds left :I
Wasted 7 rounds to kill two stuarts and 15 HE to plink them just in case something happens.
*NOBODY* noticed me or cared about the mystical shooter.
I could've picked off at least half dozen stuarts from my position, had I not wasted the ammo from long range at "supposed" targets, which I didnt even see well, whether those were tanks or just terrain creating an illusion.
Original plan was to just sit there and wait till they get closer for sure kills, but I got bored ;)

It was a close call too.. survived a H81 strafing attack behind an opel, when I yelled the driver to break as the H81 was coming from directly behind.
Just in the last moment the driver reacted to my words and made hard turn to left, which caused the H81 to miss and to make it better ... CRASH :p

Then just as we came in the sight of airfield and its AB, I figured the place looks like a nice overwatch position, for what I could see from behind the opel.
So I unhooked near the bushes, which became my final position and just two seconds after I hear an aircraft engine go overhead and strafe the opel, along with one PaK38 which was still left attached to it.
A really close call.
Just had to waste my ammunition like a dumb idiot, ending up with far less kills than I could of had, with the dumb allied tankers :)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Wwiiol??
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2004, 12:49:10 PM »
I hear ya Fishu, a well place pak38 with ammo would have been a dream during that attack. I never saw so many stuarts, they were everywhere. I'm bummed we lost that city, that airfield was vital.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2004, 05:01:13 PM »
played Allies yesterday, I know what Axis are gonna do...

message on text says 20 Panzers coming from east, hide 6pndr, tanks move past me, whack 4 before anyone notices where I am, bang bang 2 more panzers dead, then about 8 panzers fired in my direction, man that hurt my feelings, was just havin fun:rofl

BlueJ, look me up when you gonna play, me its 9am to 12 week days anytime weekends...just don't know if i'll be axis or allies

observing one side of the coin Mart doesn't give you insight to whats going on on the other side, wishful thinking on your part, FYI everyone KNOWS Axis have better teamwork, exept you I see, hence you being the usual dumbprettythang.

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2004, 06:07:11 PM »
The new system has a "deploy" function where you can set spawn points near the action.  Less walking, more fighting.

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2004, 07:18:43 PM »
Ok whats the deal with customer support. Last night and for the 3rd time over the last 4 months that I sent them a email about reopening my account. No response. Why I want to try and give money to a company that wont respond to a request for service I dont know.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2004, 07:31:43 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
Ok whats the deal with customer support. Last night and for the 3rd time over the last 4 months that I sent them a email about reopening my account. No response. Why I want to try and give money to a company that wont respond to a request for service I dont know.

You're probably sending it to the wrong address.  I get a response almost immediately when I email them.

If you want to reopen your account, the easiest way is to do it yourself HERE .  Just select "use existing account".

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2004, 07:54:19 PM »
apart from our biatching each other Martlet, you in a squad in WW2?

where you usually hang out, would be cool killing poor bastages on the same side:D

Offline BlueJ1

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2004, 07:55:51 PM »
SLO before I started getting all the CTDs, I got signed up in a squad named BST, Axis. Any good ? Ever heard of em.
U.S.N.
Aviation Electrician MH-60S
OEF 08-09'

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2004, 07:59:03 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
apart from our biatching each other Martlet, you in a squad in WW2?

where you usually hang out, would be cool killing poor bastages on the same side:D

I'm in the 81st, the same squad I was in when I played AH.  I've been with them for years.  We play Allied, and are members of the Allied High Command 3rd inf. bde, but we usually do our own thing since we like to fly and tank, too.

We usually operate in the Antwerp area, but since Antwerp is well behind enemy lines at the moment we're moving in the North East.  

Do you have a squad?  The game is much more fun when you play with a group.  I'm sure we always have room for more hangers on.  Since we are full time allied, though, we use the AHC teamspeak server.

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2004, 08:11:22 PM »
Originally posted by BlueJ1
SLO before I started getting all the CTDs, I got signed up in a squad named BST, Axis. Any good ? Ever heard of em.

Too many to remember BlueJ, I just tag along when OIC's ask people to join attacks...or I post missions myself. Im enjoying being LoneWolfe for a time. Freedom to change sides with no hassles

What you need first Blue is RANK(too enjoy all toys)...I would help you in that department, quickly done, then you can enjoy and gain some experience which you will need or get sniped to infinity or run-a-round all over the place doing nothing.

get your new squad to teach you the tactics and vehicles and map reading, much quicker...

hope we join up some time:aok

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2004, 08:18:33 PM »
Originally posted by Martlet
I'm in the 81st, the same squad I was in when I played AH.  I've been with them for years.  We play Allied, and are members of the Allied High Command 3rd inf. bde, but we usually do our own thing since we like to fly and tank, too.

We usually operate in the Antwerp area, but since Antwerp is well behind enemy lines at the moment we're moving in the North East.  

Do you have a squad?  The game is much more fun when you play with a group.  I'm sure we always have room for more hangers on.  Since we are full time allied, though, we use the AHC teamspeak server.

Tank and flying I enjoy, switch all the time. I see you usually hang out Brit(Antwerp)...

These days Axis have been pushing French in the mornings so thats where I am, I'll keep a look out for the 3rd Brig. whenever up North. Problem is that I usually stick to Axis side, I seem to enjoy there toys more  :D

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Wwiiol??
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2004, 08:41:25 PM »
I'm defending Gent at the moment.